CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products for Dry/Itchy Scalp

+2
vivacious00
Ms.Fenty
6 posters

Go down

Products for Dry/Itchy Scalp Empty Products for Dry/Itchy Scalp

Post by Ms.Fenty 6th April 2010, 8:30 pm

Ok, so I've had dry, itchy scalp for years (as long as I can remember really), but in high school and college it got really bad, especially the last couple of years in college. I would wash my hair and grease my scalp today and it would be dry and full of dandruff (or whatever it is/was) by the next day. I used to use DAX grease, but I discovered a while back that regular grease did not do good things for my hair so I tried many many other brands without success (even a few without petrolatum and mineral oil). Last year my stylist recommended a product that worked wonders for me and even though it contained petrolatum and mineral oil I planned on using it forever (it was that great). Anyway she told me a few weeks ago that it was causing some of her clients' hair to thin out. So I stopped using it, since then I've tried shea butter (too much build up), coconut oil (makes my head smell like a rancid cocomut) and now hemp seed oil with peppermint and lavender oil. I still have itching with the hemp mix, and some dandruff (or whatever it is) but its not nearly as bad as before. So I was just wondering if any of you ladies have any suggestions on what I can use on my scalp?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Products for Dry/Itchy Scalp Empty Re: Products for Dry/Itchy Scalp

Post by vivacious00 7th April 2010, 1:28 am

What was the product she recomended? I've been using castor oil, but am still looking for something else. I don't think I'm really absorbing the castor oil, but I'm going to try it out for a little longer.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 7th April 2010, 9:57 pm

Virgin Hair Fertilizer, it smells pretty bad but works wonders, I almost wanna cry when I think about giving it up, lol
She also recommended Sulfur 8 but I haven't tried that yet, I'm still trying to find a natural remedy, but I've heard great things about castor oil so I might try that next
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 21st April 2010, 9:00 pm

So I tried the regular castor oil this week, but first when I did my weekly DC, I also conditioned my scalp with coconut oil (saw someone do it on youtube). I don't know if it was the scalp DC or the castor oil, but I had ZERO itching all week. I still have some flakes but I can't believe I haven't scratched my scalp all week woot! I don't want to speak to soon, but this is great I just hope the effects last
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by daniele 23rd April 2010, 2:31 am

Castor oil has really helped me, along with washing with baking soda.

daniele

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd April 2010, 10:07 am

I suffered from a dry itchy scalp while relaxed and have learned since then to incorporate castor oil, and both peppermint and tea tree oils into my regimen. I also find ACV rinses helpful as well.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 23rd April 2010, 4:42 pm

does the ACV rinse help with the flakes?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by MoodyMauve 9th June 2010, 10:10 pm

I have a mixture of castor oil, vatika (coconut oil) and aloe vera gel in an applicator bottle. Massaging that into my scalp daily keeps the flakes and itchies at bay.
MoodyMauve
MoodyMauve

Back to top Go down

Post by FreshNsweeT 21st June 2010, 3:53 pm

try a ACV rinse. my scalp itches really bad and that stopped it! also tea tree, peppermint, and neem can stop itching but thay all smell. especially neem! but it works!

FreshNsweeT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down