CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heat Wraps vs. Hooded Dryers

4 posters

Go down

Heat Wraps vs. Hooded Dryers Empty Heat Wraps vs. Hooded Dryers

Post by ThickRoots 5th April 2010, 3:01 pm

Ladies,

I never heard of a Heat Therapy wrap until I started perusing various hair boards. Tell me, is there a reason you would use a Heat Wrap rather than a hooded dryer for something like deep conditioning? Is it better for naturals or highly textured people to use the heat therapy wraps? I'm thinking why not save the money and on the additional purchase and just use a hooded dryer but I don't know why we're using them so maybe you guys can weigh in and teach me something.

Thanks! Very Happy

ThickRoots

Back to top Go down

Heat Wraps vs. Hooded Dryers Empty Re: Heat Wraps vs. Hooded Dryers

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th April 2010, 5:09 pm

One word ... mobility!

I have a Pibbs 514 and I simply love it to death.

But I also ordered the Hair Therapy Wrap - just because it portable and I can do other things while I'm getting a good DCT. Move around and not have to sit in one spot.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ThickRoots 5th April 2010, 7:27 pm

Oh ok, I can understand that. I was afraid I would be doing damage to my curl pattern or something if I used a hooded dryer instead of the heat wrap. Well mobility is definitely a plus.

ThickRoots

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 5th April 2010, 7:56 pm

Just read these reviews on Amazon.com re: Heat Therapy Wraps

"This really helped deep conditioner absorb in my hair but if you leave it in the microwave just a few seconds too long it's ruined. You have to heat it at 15 second intervals with a maximum of 90 seconds. I know, sounds easy but I've gone through 3 so far and am going to try the battery operated one instead. I'm hoping that the battery powered one heats more evenly as well."

"This head wrap works pretty good --- while it's hot. It cools pretty quickly -- I'd say in about 20 minutes (I have A/C in my home set at about 69, so this could be an issue, too). You can't microwave it too long, because the plastic, liquid filled pouches in the cap will explode, so I pop it back in microwave every 25 minutes or so for about 1 1/2 minutes. It is very easy to use and looks exactly as pictured. I like that I can move around and am not tied to an electric cord. I would recommend this is you need to be mobile, and want to do a quick (20 minute) deep conditioning. "

HTH
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by ThickRoots 5th April 2010, 10:07 pm

Thanks TMS, that's a great tip. I can totally see me screwing them up in the microwave. I read somewhere that one of the ladies boils the pouches she said that saved her from the microwave trauma, maybe you can try that. I think I'm gonna get one, hopefully I won't make it explode lol lol.

ThickRoots

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 5th April 2010, 10:20 pm

You're welcome ThickRoots (love the name). I'm thinking about buying steamer. I have a plug-in heat cap and it's okay, but I think I will see a greater impact when using a steamer.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 10th April 2010, 2:24 am

I use the wrap because I don't use any type of stove top or electrical heat on my hair (including hard bonnet dryers). So I get all the benefits of a deep treatment with heat, without having to sit under a noisy, bulky dryer or having to reheat towels.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down