CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do for deep conditioning?

+16
WalkingInDestiny
QuietButterfly
mommydiva
LaToya28
Lynnieluve
JasLuv
Lilith_Eve
Poundcake921
BajanPrincess82
Karyn
jlowman1
LadyMika
Erica5417
cutephantasm
awalliso
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you do for deep conditioning? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you do for deep conditioning?

Post by jlowman1 15th April 2010, 12:40 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I use Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious locks Hair mask.

I really want to try this but it's not the right price for me. I also wanna try the Hair Milk.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

What do you do for deep conditioning? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you do for deep conditioning?

Post by cutephantasm 15th April 2010, 1:05 am

JasLuv wrote:
cutephantasm wrote:i just started deep conditioning on dry hair... saturate the dry hair with DC, and let it sit as you normally would, then rinse out. It's GREAT for my hair so far

I would like to vote for DC on dry hair! It is the bomb!

yes it is!! especially when you are feeling particularly lazy
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by mommydiva 15th April 2010, 6:46 pm

LadyMika wrote:I use Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, cover with a plastic cap, wrap a towel around my head, sit for an hour and then rinse.

I love ORS Replenishing Condish. I am thinking of combining it with some castor oil as a DC this week.
mommydiva
mommydiva

http://public.fotki.com/mommydiva/

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 15th April 2010, 7:56 pm

@ LadyMika and mommydiva - I just used ORS Replenishing Conditioner for the first time a few weeks ago and I loved it!!! My hair has never felt and looked so good!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th April 2010, 9:33 pm

jlowman1 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:I use Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious locks Hair mask.

I really want to try this but it's not the right price for me. I also wanna try the Hair Milk.

I got it with one of the sample packages.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 16th April 2010, 9:35 pm

LaToya28 wrote:So you don't feel like you're washing away the effects of the DC? I'm just trying to understand the process and maybe pick up some tips for my nonexistent regimen.

i do my shampoo regimen first, and if I deep condition, I do it over night with a shower cap and tie the shower cap down with a scarf. Then all night my body heat is working with the conditioner. When I wake in the morning, I just do a rinse, and floow with my regimen of styling. I hope this is helpful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 18th April 2010, 3:20 am

This week I DC'd with Garnier Fructuis Triple nutrition, it was on sale. I added some olive oil and natural honey and OMG !!! Results amazing. On wet hair, with a shower cap and hair wrap minus the gel packs, the wrap alone made my head warm my body heat alone did the job ! and it was so amazing. I will be adding olive oil and honey to my DC for this summer, it was great because I didn't have to worry about steam heat (hair therapy wrap) I got 3 bottles of that triple nutrition for $ 9 at CVS that was a steal.
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 19th April 2010, 11:54 am

i use biolage hydrating balm with the olive oil replenishing pack conditioner that FINALLY comes in a bottle instead of the little packets....that works really well for me Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 23rd April 2010, 7:27 pm

Last night, I used Jessicurl for the first time. I applied it on wet hair, combed through, and rinsed out after 1 hour. I also sat under the dryer for the first 30 minutes. After rinsing, my hair was soft, moisturized and detangled. I will definitely repurchase! I also used the Jessicurl in combination with Darcy's Botanicals.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 23rd April 2010, 7:30 pm

I am in the middle of a DT right now. I mixed Yes to Cucumbers condish with honey. We'll see what happens.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 23rd April 2010, 8:01 pm

I'm using 2 small avocado's, coconut oil, and some filtered water. I made a smoothie with my magic bullet. My hair liked it last time with the coconut milk, but I didnt' go out today, so I'll see how the oil works, I ordered a large bucket of coconut oil, I need to use up anyway
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 23rd April 2010, 8:02 pm

I've been meaning to try JessiCurl DT, but my hair is loving kitchen DT's these days
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 23rd April 2010, 8:04 pm

I'm 2 days off my wash schedule, but my hair is still soft and moist, I swear castor oil is amazing ! I will probably add it to DC for this summer instead of directly on my hair when I do sets. Well better to get it done now then later this weekend.
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 23rd April 2010, 10:14 pm

It seems that no matter what I do my hair is super dry after deep conditioning versus just cowashing. I'm thinking about doing away with it all together for now because I simply haven't found a combo that works.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 24th April 2010, 12:27 pm

@ LIlith_Eve I def wouldn't throw away DCing, I would look at what products you are using that is causing the dryness. Also the length of time you keep it on and the methods. For example, if you are using a protein treatment and you keep it on too long, it will leave your hair harder and it seems dry. As a rule of them, a protein treatment should be followed up by an moisturizing treatment.

I would look at what products you are using, before you throw in the towel. Are you using heat or moisture in for your treatments ? Are you using too much protein ? When your hair needs a moisture treatment instead ? What's in the product ingredients that is not agreeing with your hair ?

I have been keeping a journal and I track what my hair likes and dislikes so that I can pinpoint what is working for my hair. Really it's trail and error. But once you find what works your hair will thank you. Your hair def needs DC's you just have to figure out what works best at that time. If your hair is feeling dryer then moisture treatment, or if it's sheeding a bit, protein followed my moisture treatment will help. It comes down to getting to know your hair.

I hope this helps Very Happy
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 24th April 2010, 12:28 pm

Okay so my hair did like the avocaod/coconut oil mixture, I just kept it on a bit to long. next time a min of 30 mins. My hair got a 'lil hard, but I followed with the garnier fructius triple nutrition which my hair loves ! and it was back on point.
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2