CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY HAIR HATES OILS... Am I the only one?

3 posters

Go down

MY HAIR HATES OILS... Am I the only one? Empty MY HAIR HATES OILS... Am I the only one?

Post by naturallychelsea 6th December 2010, 7:27 pm

I've tried many a time to apply oil to my hair without any success. It doesn't matter how heavy and moisturizing the moisturizer underneath is the oil seems to make my hair dry. Also, the part that really ticks me off is it just sits there making my hair oily no matter how thinly I apply it. My hair is incapable of absorbing it, be it olive, almond, vitamin E or the much raved about coconut. So why don't you use a lighter oil one may ask? I have. I have experimented with jojoba but noticed no greater effect. I have come to accept that oil is not for everyone and have reserved the oils for deep treatments.

Am I the only one out there ladies who does not receive the powerful benefits of oil or am I just doing something wrong? If I'm doing something wrong feel free to reprimand me below Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

MY HAIR HATES OILS... Am I the only one? Empty Re: MY HAIR HATES OILS... Am I the only one?

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 7:51 pm

have you tried putting the oin on withOUT the moisturizer? Like if you wash your hair (water can be the moisture) and then simply seal the water in with oil. Like coconut oil, avocado and evoo are supposedly the ones that the hair actually absorbs. So maybe of there is nothing under the oil it may be able to penetrate the hair shaft. I dunno. possibly.....??? I haven't had that problem. My hairs seems to play nicely with oil!!! LOL Smile
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

MY HAIR HATES OILS... Am I the only one? Empty Re: MY HAIR HATES OILS... Am I the only one?

Post by naturallychelsea 6th December 2010, 7:53 pm

I've never thought of that. I always figured water alone was not enough. Hmmm scratch will experiment nest time I wash.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 7:56 pm

let us know how it works. I have done that a lot over the summer and no problems. But now I am trying to use more moisture since recently my hairs started shedding and breaking some. So I have been doing deep txs and more moisturizing with leave ins. Hope it helps. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 6th December 2010, 8:18 pm

It doesn't matter how heavy and moisturizing the moisturizer underneath is the oil seems to make my hair dry.
What moisturizers are you using? An ingredient in the moisturizer[i] may be part of the probem.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th December 2010, 8:27 pm

Well I don't think it's the moisturizers because on their own my hair stays really soft and moist.

To clarify my hair isn't dry dry like straw but it feels hard to the touch rather than soft. I'm not sure if that's clear. The dryness I can take but the makes my hair look super shiny and can't rest my head on any surface thing I can't tolerate lol
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down