CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your man love your hair?

+30
Vee
Peachtree
jessimae
COASTIE
CurlsGalore
happy2bcurly
MikMont
NhappyJackie
Mo1908
HAMPTONSFNST
CocaColaCutie
sweetdrk1
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
BajanPrincess82
prettybrowneyes66
newcurlieque
QTY PYE
PaganWifey
tashafawn24
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
naturalmommyGA
NubieNatty
kinksncurls
LadyMika
tiashaunteƩ
brandiitneka
Jonezy
natural813
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do your man love your hair? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do your man love your hair?

Post by CrissyQ 23rd March 2010, 12:09 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:LOL KT I love that story!!

LOL thanks, that was BEFORE CN and Nubbie (yes she will be blamed for purchases) and you don't slide either Ms Sweets with your head of super grow hair. LOL!

I know right that should be her new screen name "supergrow" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd March 2010, 12:20 pm

RoseBud wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:

LOL thanks, that was BEFORE CN and Nubbie (yes she will be blamed for purchases) and you don't slide either Ms Sweets with your head of super grow hair. LOL!

I know right that should be her new screen name "supergrow" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes I saw those twist and twist outs I was like WOWZA... Where did all that hair come from ova night. Your BC is love-a-ly! I saw your BNB and was look at Ms. Divalisious sitting in the chair wit your legs crossed all lady like and stuff!! GET IT GURL!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd March 2010, 2:00 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:
RoseBud wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:

Yes I saw those twist and twist outs I was like WOWZA... Where did all that hair come from ova night. Your BC is love-a-ly! I saw your BNB and was look at Ms. Divalisious sitting in the chair wit your legs crossed all lady like and stuff!! GET IT GURL!!

LOL, thanks girl. I'm tryin to work this TWA.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo1908 23rd March 2010, 2:07 pm

My guy likes my hair in any shape or form. I think he really likes the fact that if its messed up, it's ok. No more wraps!
Mo1908
Mo1908

http://www.twitter.com/mo1908

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd March 2010, 2:08 pm

RoseBud wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:
RoseBud wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:

LOL, thanks girl. I'm tryin to work this TWA.

Honey you not trying your WORKING IT OUT!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 23rd March 2010, 2:17 pm

My husband was a little reserved while I was transitioning, so I showed him a few YT vids and CN's forum and he was sold. When I BC'ed at 3months he was like, I never thought you would look so good with no hair!!!!!! And today, he is a total advocate for natural hair. He tries to talk his family members and co-workers into going natural and even my mom..LOL. He is so in love with natural hair now!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by MikMont 23rd March 2010, 3:05 pm

My husband helped cut my hair. It was fun. I likes the "natural" me much more than the unbeweaveable and relaxed me. lol.
MikMont
MikMont

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 23rd March 2010, 8:00 pm

I've been natural for over a year now and the only time my husband liked my hair was when I first did the BC and I put a texturizer in my hair. But I didn't like that processed look so I let that grow out and now that I'm all natural he keeps telling me that I need to get a perm or a curl. He doesn't like the nappy look. Well I say GET USE TO IT POTNA!! cause I love it and I'm not putting any more chemicals in this head.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 23rd March 2010, 8:22 pm

My honey can't get enough of my hair! He loves when I rock my twistout styles! He says twistouts are the sexiest on me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by COASTIE 24th March 2010, 4:51 pm

My boyfriend loves my hair. When we met I told him about my alopecia and that I was transitioning. I don't think he fully understood...but he never said anything negative. He was out the night I randomly decided to BC and couldn't see the results until the next day and he fell in love..even prefers it over relaxed hair. He tells me all the time how he loves the fact that I take such good care of my hair.
COASTIE
COASTIE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emceedcope/

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 24th March 2010, 6:13 pm

Sorry but I didn't tell my story about my man lol.
He loves natural hair because he grew up in a house where his family is natural so he learned it from there., but when I did the BC he didn't like it because my hair is short. So he doesnt like short hair one bit. Besides that he loves my hair.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by jessimae 26th March 2010, 12:22 am

I'm 18 and my boyfriend (also 18) LOVES my hair. He actually encouraged me to bc early and bought me my first pic. Right now hes growing his hair out and he has a way looser texture than my 4a, and hes jealous of my dense thick fro because his ends don't curl or coil that much. Lol hes really cute and always trying to play in my hair
jessimae
jessimae

https://www.youtube.com/user/jesssimae

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th March 2010, 2:33 am

My hubby loves my hair. He was in shock when I told him I was going natural...he pictured my then waist length relaxed hair all cut off to a twa...but I didn't go that route. I transitioned for 18 months then chopped! He loves it worn down/out!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 26th March 2010, 9:13 am

My hubby is not that supportive, he is not a fan of change (I am still transitioning). He says that he likes my hair long and straight but he knows that I am going to do what I want to do. I think once its all said and done he will be please with my natural hair (I hope [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ).
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th March 2010, 10:58 pm

I was talking with a co-worker and he said he and his wife discuss her hair changes, color, cut, etc. He explained that he doesn't think he would like her hair natural. I kept saying, "it's just hair" and that what if she had no choice to go natural due to health issues or something. He said that is different. I further explained that a person is who they are and hair is a part of that but doesn't make the whole person. So, would it be wrong or inconsiderate to decide to BC and/or go nautrual without discussing with your SO?

Just curious...
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 11:12 pm

My boyfriend hasn't seen my hair yet but he is coming home next weekend and boy am I nervous. lol I sent him a pic when I cut it but pictures and real life are way different some times. I just hope its softer so when he touches it it won't be to much of a shock lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 27th March 2010, 12:03 am

I met my boyfriend permed so he was NOT thrilled at the idea of me chopping off my hair to be natural. I did it nonetheless, and he was very resistant in the beginning. He actually made several negative comments that hurt me because it's just hair. As my hair grew and he saw the versatility of being natural... twists, twist outs, straghtened, puffs, coils...etc...he came around. He actually apologized and told me he loves my hair now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 27th March 2010, 12:05 am

Vee wrote:My hubby is not that supportive, he is not a fan of change (I am still transitioning). He says that he likes my hair long and straight but he knows that I am going to do what I want to do. I think once its all said and done he will be please with my natural hair (I hope [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ).

Once he's able to see the versatility he probably will come around. My bf was not supportive at all and now he's able to name the hairstyles that i wear!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 27th March 2010, 1:15 am

Okay, I am posting a rebuttal! I did my bc and my hubby loves it! He actually loves it! That means a lot to me that my husband actually enjoy looking at it this go round [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 27th March 2010, 8:44 am

I love reading all of the stories about what your boyfriends/husbands feel when they look at your hair. I believe whoever you are with it is great to beable to have someone love your hair no matter how it will be. Having a man not love it like you would like can be hurtful.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 27th March 2010, 10:20 am

Curliana wrote:
Vee wrote:My hubby is not that supportive, he is not a fan of change (I am still transitioning). He says that he likes my hair long and straight but he knows that I am going to do what I want to do. I think once its all said and done he will be please with my natural hair (I hope [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ).

Once he's able to see the versatility he probably will come around. My bf was not supportive at all and now he's able to name the hairstyles that i wear!

I am hoping that he does come around. He doesn't say much about my hair unless I ask...his rule is "don't ask if you don't want to know" and I ALWAYS ask [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . There have been a few styles that he has "kinda" liked too. But I was really happy that he helped me find some coconut oil online...so maybe that is a sign that he wants to support me in my transition.
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by MJFAN1980 27th March 2010, 12:14 pm

My boyfriend said he likes my hair but when I asked "On the scale of 1-10 how much do you really like my hair?" his response was, "7 or 8" so then I asked "what is that you don't like about it because you didn't give it a 10" he didn't give me an answer. Oh well...

MJFAN1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2