CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Ladies!!

+2
HAMPTONSFNST
SweeTea2011
6 posters

Go down

Hey Ladies!! Empty Hey Ladies!!

Post by SweeTea2011 19th February 2010, 2:00 am

I'm a newbie to CN....Just joined today. I just wanted to say hello and thank you all for the wonderful advice you have given...I'm totally new to the world of natural living. My last relaxer was mid-October. I just took out micros a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to put together some sort of weekly regimen...so far all I have is a lot of product that I don't know what to do with. I did my first flexi rod set last week and I think it turned out really cute..my boyfriend really liked it too. I would have BC'd by now but my sides are really thin from all the perming and I definitely want to see some growth there before I chop all of my hair off. Well if anyone is looking for a transitioning partner I'm your girl [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Hey Ladies!! Empty Re: Hey Ladies!!

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 19th February 2010, 12:26 pm

Hi SweetTea,

I've been transitioning for nearly 17 months and plan to BC this June. Last night I cowashed and saw the different textures within my hair. I can honestly say I didn't believe that to be true with other curlies yet from what I saw last night, it's no myth. My sides are definitely 4b (coarsest hair on my head) and other areas are perhaps 3c/4a. For my staple style I wear TnC/bantu knot outs. I keep my scalp and hair moisturized and wash weekly. What's your regimen like?
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 19th February 2010, 1:22 pm

Hi Hamptonsfnst,

Thanks for responding! So far all I've been doing is washing1x/week (L'Oreal Everpure...trying to finish the bottle before I purchase something more natural), co-washing 1x/week (aussie moist), and DC 1x/week (ors..evoo...and honey). I think I have the washing part down...it's all the other stuff that has me totally confused. I recently purchased the cantu shea butter leave in and it seems to be keeping my hair moisturized but it still looks dull, and I've always had a problem with dry, flaky scalp. I've never really taken the time to get to know my hair so I don't know what works and what doesn't. I think I'm going to purchase some JBCO, unrefined shea butter, coconut oil, and jojoba oil....seems like these are a few of the products that a lot of naturals use...my problem is that I don't know how to use them.
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 19th February 2010, 1:48 pm

Hi sweet! I'm new to transitioning as well honey..i'm 2 months in and right now, i'm just working roller sets...I only wash once a month but i cowash twice a week and deep condition once a week..i love aubrey organics, aussie moist, HE HH and TT...my hair loves EVOO, EVCO and shea butter....we could so be partners..my last relaxer was 12/22..i think..let me check! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 19th February 2010, 2:17 pm

Hi mrsmackey,

Yea!!! So happy I've found a transitioning buddy! I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about aubrey organics...I'll have to check it out. So how do you use your shea butter...do you put it directly on your scalp? Does using shea butter replace the need for a leave in conditioner? Also, I'm totally confused about the whole moisturizing.. sealing in moisture thing. I'm soooo sorry about all of these questions...but any and all help is really appreciated! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th February 2010, 3:00 pm

For shine, I find Castor Oil is my staple, I LOVE that stuff. I don't have the JBCO, I use Home Health Cold Pressed Castor Oil, I also use the Castor Oil when I'm DCing. And now I'm doing the Castor Oil challenge, so I've been putting it on my scalp too lately. LOL. Suffice it to say I LOVE that stuff. I'm almost 9 months in Smile I'll be glad to help however I can, and feel free to check out my blog in my sig for more on my regimen Very Happy
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 19th February 2010, 3:22 pm

Hey Muz,

Thanks for the advice! I tried ordering JBCO from sam's caribbean last night but they are out of stock...guess I'll have to wait on that one.
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Hey Ladies!! Empty transitioning

Post by princesspensan 19th February 2010, 3:42 pm

Am also new to the whole natural thing,my last textured was oct 25,(some one told me texturizing was the same as going natural but easier,so i texturized for over a year Evil or Very Mad ) i just took my braids out got a lot of new growth Very Happy, Am also trying new natural stuff.I want to transiton for a year hopefully i can make it. I have 17inches of hair want to get half of that before i BC. afro protein dcing is my fav,help me detangle my hair. dance
princesspensan
princesspensan

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 19th February 2010, 5:25 pm

Hey princesspensan,

I've been transitioning for 4months now...I don't really have a set time for how long I will transition...as soon as my sides fill in I'm chopping it all off [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 20th February 2010, 2:05 am

Hello SweeTea2011,

I am new on here as well I joined the forum last week and I have been checking the site out for some time now. The ladies on here are really nice and have lots of good advice for us newbies. My last relaxer was in Nov. I have been wearing flat twist outs but this week I went to a stylist and got a roller set. Like you I would love to have done the bc by now but my edges fell out due to relaxers and I just had a baby almost 6mos ago now (I have a post under transitioning with pics of the edges, I still cant believe I posted it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). I dont have a set weekly regi yet but I have been using wild growth and coconut oil along with henna n placenta deep co. I havent been using it for that long but my edges seem to be growing out pretty fast. I plan on posting pics along with my trasition story as soon as I get a chance, with a new baby I have to find some me time along with figuring this hair thing out.

Welcome and I hope to help you if I can and get help from you also [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 20th February 2010, 2:53 am

Hi Mellowone!

Thanks for the info. I've read a lot about JBCO being a good oil for growing/retaining length...I just ordered a bottle today from sams247.com. I plan on mixing it with coconut oil and using it on my scalp...I'll keep you updated on my progress. Good luck on your hair journey! I'm learning new stuff everyday and will be more than happy to spread a little hair wisdom whenever possible [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 20th February 2010, 1:54 pm

hey partner!!! I need to learn how to post pics on this forum so we can keep up with each other! I washed and DC'd on thursday nite so I'm rocking a roller set updo right now...my hair is so soft and glossy, i'm looking at it like, "who's hair are U??!" lol...have you started using the shea butter yet? I use it to seal my ends and if I decide to rock a twist out, i use it to seal and loc the twists...how are you wearing your hair now?
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 20th February 2010, 2:46 pm

Hey girl!! I'm headed to whole foods in about an hr to pick up all of my goodies... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I plan on washing and DCing tonight....I'll probably do another flexi rod set. I tried a braid a couple of months ago but it didn't turn out so hot...maybe because I didn't really have any new growth back then. I'm not very good at styling my own hair...but I'm having fun experimenting with different styles. Right now my hair is in a bun...boring I know. I think they have a thread in the general section that has info on how to upload pics. ttyl
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 26th February 2010, 5:45 pm

Hey Partner!

Hadn't heard from you in awhile so I just wanted to check in and see how things were going. I'm really excited...just received my JBCO...yea! I've heard so many wonderful things about that stuff...I can't wait to try it out. How have you been wearing your hair lately? I think I'm about to try a braid out..my first braid out was an EPIC FAIL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hopefully this one will turn out ok...I think the problem was that at the time I basically had no new growth...and no idea about the kind of products I should have been putting in my hair. Oh well...wish me luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down