CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relaxed Ends

+4
Naturally Esq
mrsrenaissance
Butterfly126
CurlyCrayolaBrown
8 posters

Go down

Relaxed Ends Empty Relaxed Ends

Post by CurlyCrayolaBrown 30th August 2010, 4:12 pm

Hello Curlies,

Ive been transitioning with braids since April of this year and that has been working really well for me. My hair has been really growing. My relaxed ends are starting to aggravate the crap outta me though. Its really hot and humid where I live (Charleston,SC) and when I sweat my hair is the source. Ive been trying to wear it out so it can breathe. I use Jam MegaHold gel to slick it up and I just put it in a bun. I like the wavy hair pattern that I get wearing it like this. Ive found some great conditioners. Shampoos, not so much. What Im trying makes my hair so dry and co-washing isnt for me. I want to cut the ends off because I cant really wear my hair out like I want to. ugh!
CurlyCrayolaBrown
CurlyCrayolaBrown

Back to top Go down

Relaxed Ends Empty Re: Relaxed Ends

Post by Butterfly126 30th August 2010, 4:30 pm

I feel the same way! My relaxed ends are so thin and dry and I know that I could never wear my hair out. I'm not ready to cut it though. I just put my hair into a bun and wear a fake ponytail or bun.
If you're ready to cut off your relaxed ends I think that you should go for it!
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCrayolaBrown 30th August 2010, 4:43 pm

Ive been thinking about it a lot. When its wet, I see a beautiful hair pattern and scraggley limp relaxed ends. It looks ridiculous. I think Im going to get it rebraided this weekend. The more I look @ it the more stir crazy I feel.
CurlyCrayolaBrown
CurlyCrayolaBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 30th August 2010, 11:51 pm

Make sure you take into account the shrinkage when you do cut it. My goal was enough length for a ponytail (in case I had a bad hair day, but that's my fav style anyway). So until then I'll be transitioning Smile

Good luck w/your decision!
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 31st August 2010, 2:10 am

I moisturize my relaxed ends with EVCO then gel, and roll on straw. This helps the two textures blend and keeps my relaxed ends curly.

Before you BC, cut a few of your relaxed ends off from a small section of your hair. This helped me to clearly see the length and experiment with products and styles.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Relaxed Ends Empty transitioning

Post by blueskypinky 31st August 2010, 2:38 pm

hello ladies,

I too live in Charleston, SC. I have decided to go natural again, but i don;t want to BC right now. i did it 10 years ago and i hated that growing out phase in the first 4-5 months. it has been about 6 weeks since my last relaxer, so i figure this is the time to start. I know how I am and i know that this transitioning will aggravate the mess out of me lol. I used to wear my hair natural in the summer time but i found it hard to find a good product that would not leave my hair hard frizzy or dry, and i didn't want to wet it everyday. Someone recommended the Miss Jessie's quick curl and curl stretch, so i soon will be trying those products. I purchased kinky kurly a year or so ago and i didn't like this spritz and my hair looked more like i had a jerry curl.
this is the most current pic i just re-did my color a few weeks ago.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
this pic is from about 1 year ago when i used kinky curly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
blueskypinky
blueskypinky

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskypinky 31st August 2010, 2:51 pm

ok someone help me iam still new to this site and not really sure how to post my pics.
thanks
blueskypinky
blueskypinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 31st August 2010, 6:58 pm

This is the link to the instructions re posting pics: http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/how-to-post-a-picture-t310.htm
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Relaxed Ends Empty Thanks

Post by Str8Curly 3rd September 2010, 12:21 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:I moisturize my relaxed ends with EVCO then gel, and roll on straw. This helps the two textures blend and keeps my relaxed ends curly.

Before you BC, cut a few of your relaxed ends off from a small section of your hair. This helped me to clearly see the length and experiment with products and styles.

Thanks Naturally Esq... I am going to try this today.. I think the problem I have w/ my relaxed ends is that I take the straw up too far..LOL! ..

Thanks I am really gonna try this and see how it works..

Str8Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd September 2010, 9:54 pm

Let us know how it works for you. If the straw curl is too small, you can set the relax ends on pink or gray perm rods. You can buy 12 perm rods for $1.39 at Sally's.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 4th September 2010, 5:30 pm

yeah, try the flexis
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 12th September 2010, 7:45 pm

how do you get the straw to stay in your hair? I've thought of rolling my relaxed ends on straws, since I don't always get the look i want with foam rollers. But I wonder how to attach the straw to the end. I've thought of bobby pins, but can i sleep on those without damagaing hair?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 12th September 2010, 8:17 pm

HappyCurly wrote:how do you get the straw to stay in your hair? I've thought of rolling my relaxed ends on straws, since I don't always get the look i want with foam rollers. But I wonder how to attach the straw to the end. I've thought of bobby pins, but can i sleep on those without damagaing hair?

Slide on part of the bobby pin through (in) the straw and place the other part on the outside over your hair. This has not damaged my hair.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 12th September 2010, 9:10 pm

thanks!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down