CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioners that wear twist outs...

4 posters

Go down

Transitioners that wear twist outs... Empty Transitioners that wear twist outs...

Post by natural_nance 11th March 2010, 11:03 am

Hi,
My favorite style to wear are flat twist outs, but I'm tired of having to do them over every 2-3 days! My night routine has been sleeping with a satin bonnet and/ or satin pillowcase. I also tried misting them and making bigger twists which helps a little but the relaxed part of my hair loses definition. Anyone have any tips on making them last at least 5 days?
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Transitioners that wear twist outs... Empty Re: Transitioners that wear twist outs...

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 11th March 2010, 11:28 am

Do you curl the ends? I do 2-strand twists after I cowash and curl them with perm rods. If I preserve this style at night with bantu knots my style lasts until my next wash; about every 4 days. I will admit sometimes I get lazy at night and just slap on my satin cap but it doesn't look as neat to wear out.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Transitioners that wear twist outs... Empty Re: Transitioners that wear twist outs...

Post by CarmelCurls83 11th March 2010, 6:03 pm

i cowash and bantu knot it and it uusally lasts for about 3 days. instead of doin the big chop i just get my permed in trimmed every couple of weeks. maybe you should get some trimmed off and it might help a bit with the ends not curling
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 11th March 2010, 11:58 pm

Hmmm I never thought to do bantu knots to preserve it. Do you make large ones or small ones? And do you re-twist your hair then do the bantu knots?

@CarmelCurls83: I've been getting my ends trimmed every 3 months or so but anything more than that is not an option for me I'm not ready for that yet!
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 12th March 2010, 10:46 am

Once I remove the twists for first day hair, each following night I place my hair in small-medium sized bantu knots for fullness. If my hair is feeling dry, I spritz with my own moisturizing mix and seal with either jojoba oil or CD's Healthy Hair Butter. I love this look because I don't have to fuss about my hair in the a.m. Sometimes I'm too lazy and bold enough to rock the knots all day at work.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 14th March 2010, 1:15 am

I also do the bantu knots at night to preserve my 2 strand twist-outs. Sometimes I re-twist (maybe even bigger twists than the originals) before the bantu knots...just depends on how lazy I am [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmelCurls83 15th March 2010, 2:38 pm

@natural_nance no i do med. sized ones and i tuck them and secure them with bobby pins right after ive washed or cowashed my hair. I so feel ya on the not ready for the big cut [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i don think im goin to bc im just goin to cont to cut my ends every so often.
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 19th March 2010, 11:00 pm

BTW I still have relaxed ends. My last relaxer was in October, 2009 and
I did cut a lot of hair off in both December and again Jan. 15th, but
no BC.
I prefer the bigger twists on my hair and using the Shea Butter really
helps keep the definition and eliminates the frizz. On shampoo/dc day
(1x weekly), I apply moisturizer, air-dry until about 70% dry, apply raw
un-refined Shea Butter and twist. I will do smaller twists, but only
on very slightly damp hair. If I wanted the really tight curls like I
would get doing small twists on really wet hair I would rather do a
wash-n-go, but not have the hassle taking the many small twists out.
The smaller twists always seem to tangle for me...I think I tangle with
my fingers as I twist them.
Yesterday evening, instead of putting in my bigger twists/Bantu knots,
I put the front up in my version of 6 flat-twists and then preceded to
spray entire head down with my Aussie Moist-water spritz then baggy for
the night. It was sorta of a last minute decision, having not baggy'd
in a while. I got it pretty damp, but not dripping wet and this a.m. it
was slightly damp, but oh my goodness so moisturized. It was pretty
curly, but I twirled hair around my fingers while it was drying. It
came out pretty nice I think!
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

edited to add:
Not sure why my camera has the wrong year? Ignore that....I took it this a.m.

MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down