CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

+71
sunbaby
Serenity23
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Tamren
Deva_87
Pinkrage
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
.:Eden:.
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
MichelleNW
Nikcoils
Winnielours
exhale1913
Muz
StephanieB
jlowman1
naturalmommyGA
DMCC
NylaCoils
lena73
Erica5417
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
newcurlieque
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
BrownSkinDiva
Karyn
LaToya28
Yellagirlcurls
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
dajewel
ashollan
CocaColaCutie
Vee
mrsmackey
SimplyShainee
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
MahoganyCurls
A85
truet
MsJay1121
curlyboricua
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
NaturalNixon
neethair
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Notthecoolmom
CocoEuro
TerraD
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
75 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by MahoganyCurls 10th March 2010, 12:01 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Thank you all for all the wonderful comments - you really know how to make a girl feel pretty! I love you

As promised, here is the Sunday's style:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Bun
It was fairly easy to do - I actually did it on Sunday morning instead of Saturday night which is when I typically style my hair, the night before.

Yesterday, Zumba was a beast! I was dripping and pouring sweat No YUCK. So I had to co-wash my hair. First I co-washed with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner (STCC), rinsed all that out, then applied HE HH. With HE HH in my hair, I clipped my hair up and let it sit while I showered. HE HH gives me that slip I am started to lose with STCC. I parted my hair down the middle and detangle in two sections. Before getting out the shower I put those two sections in ponytails and called it a night Sleep .

This morning my hair was still damp so I did a damp bun. Buns have become my "go to" protective style. I have learned to love them. afro

OMG! This is soooooooooo pretty! I am so stealing this when my hair gets longer! Lol!!!! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Icon_lol ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by MahoganyCurls 10th March 2010, 12:04 pm

and your hair color is very pretty too!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th March 2010, 12:42 pm

@the complaint...did her hair come out after trying this method once? I don't think so...don't you think that we would see a change/damage in our hair before we have to cut it all off?

I find this to be very interesting!!! However, that is the word I like to use when what I want to say something that's inappropriate!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th March 2010, 12:52 pm

Last edited by tiashauntee on 10th March 2010, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 10th March 2010, 12:52 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:@Complaint - WOW ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Icon_eek - I wonder if she will respond.
I hope she does. I know I would because complaints that are disregarded can ruin a business.

MahoganyCurls wrote:
OMG! This is soooooooooo pretty! I am so stealing this when my hair gets longer! Lol!!!! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Icon_lol ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
The few inches that I have gained this winter have done wonders for style options. I would not have been able to do this a year ago.

MahoganyCurls wrote:and your hair color is very pretty too!
Thank You!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:@the complaint...did her hair come out after trying this method once? I don't think so...don't you think that we would see a change/damage in our hair before we have to cut it all off?
I find this to be very interesting!!! However, that is the word I like to use when what I want to say something that's inappropriate!!!
Same thing I was thinking. Unless she put doggone acid in her condish I don't understand how it ate her hair up like that. In the summer I style with condish all the time and never had anything like this happen. Almost sounds like a bogus complaint.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2010, 12:56 pm

tiashauntee wrote:While looking for a link to the tightly curly method I came across this complaint: http://www.amazon.com/tightly-curly-method-load-crap/forum/FxBDFWGO5VRB5T/Tx3AHZQUWDNUISM/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=047053642X
Opinions?
I read the comment. The reader was accusatory. She blamed Teri for having to cut off a lot of her hair. I do not think the method or conditioner damaged her hair. She left out points I feel are important such as what other products she was using, how long she was doing the method, how much conditioner she was using, how often she cleansed, etc. I hope Teri responds.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 10th March 2010, 8:39 pm

@complaint I wish there was a picture as she indicated because that sound disturbing
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Empty March 11, 2010

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 6:44 pm

I have a question on my mind....anyone ever pre-poo and then co-wash or is a pre-poo typically followed by a shampoo.

I really want to try priming my curls this weekend but as the weekend gets closer I get lazier. Sometimes I wish I was more of a weave girl because I really want to give my hair a break.

I am bunning again today - my new staple style. Moisturizing my scalp is still working out great - way less itching. I feel like doing an overnight treatment but I don't know what. That is why the pre-poo on a non shampoo weekend is on my mind. I do need to trim my ends so it might be time for some two strand twists. Who knows what the weekend holds Cool
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th March 2010, 6:58 pm

Tia~

I have a friend that belongs to a long hair forum, and she told me it was best to pre-poo before you shampoo. That's how I've done it...but I've only pre-poo'ed once.

So what about braids? Great protective style.... ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 7:07 pm

My hair is too long and braids would cost a grip. I know they would not stay in long enough to be worth the money so I scratched that idea a long time ago.

I agree that it is best to pre-poo before shampooing and I do but what I am wondering is if anyone pre-poo's before a cowash. I guess I didn't word my question right.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th March 2010, 7:14 pm

tiashauntee wrote:My hair is too long and braids would cost a grip. I know they would not stay in long enough to be worth the money so I scratched that idea a long time ago.

I agree that it is best to pre-poo before shampooing and I do but what I am wondering is if anyone pre-poo's before a cowash. I guess I didn't word my question right.

I grip....I understand. Also, you did word you question right. I tend to lose focus sometimes. I just should have said I haven't... ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 7:18 pm

I am over here at work, doing homework, and playing around....my mind is everywhere.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th March 2010, 9:09 pm

Yeah Tia I've pre-pooed and then co-washed before!!! I don't know how clean my hair was but it sure was soft! lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 9:27 pm

That is what I was assuming - that it would result in really soft hair. Thanks!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th March 2010, 12:16 am

I pre-poo and co-wash like a mug in the summer. I just love how my hair feels after. It may help with clumping the curls too.

After reading Blondie's thread, I remember something. After I rinse my hair with a good DC, my hair clumps well. I usually mess it up by loading it up with more product. Perhaps try using a DC as a leave in for your WnG. I am definitely going to look into it or at least figure out the ingredients in the DC and add them to my leave ins.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 12th March 2010, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added note about DC as leave in)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th March 2010, 11:09 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I pre-poo and co-wash like a mug in the summer. I just love how my hair feels after. It may help with clumping the curls too.

After reading Blondie's thread, I remember something. After I rinse my hair with a good DC, my hair clumps well. I usually mess it up by loading it up with more product. Perhaps try using a DC as a leave in for your WnG. I am definitely going to look into it or at least figure out the ingredients in the DC and add them to my leave ins.

Thanks for the info! I am ready to try some new things.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 7 Empty Yay! It's Friday!

Post by tiashaunteé 12th March 2010, 11:15 am

So last night I was examining my ends as I normally do periodically and I saw way too many split ends. I can't even get upset because it is all my own fault. I fell into the trap of following the advice I read on another hair forum.

I was reading about bunning and the majority of posters were saying "you have to take your hair out of the pony every night or you will experience breakage". So for the past few weeks I was taking down my bun every night, detangling, braiding, and re-bunning in the morning. Big Mistake. The hair bands I use are pretty good and I don't do tight ponytails. In the beginning of my bunning challenge I would put my buns up on Sunday and leave them in until Friday/Saturday. My length was retaining and I was not experiencing any because I would position the bun in a different location each week. With this "new process" my ends are freaking out. So I am going back to what I know after a good trim. I will still co-wash in the middle of the week but I am not taking down my bun every night. MY hair does not like it. We live and learn.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 12th March 2010, 11:33 am

@tia Thanks for the tip. I have decided to rock a bun for a while, since I am still transitioning. I have been taking my hair down every night too...I am going to have totry leaving it alone. My only problem is I ponytail are sometimes too tight...I will be working on that too. Thanks agian for the tip!
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th March 2010, 12:09 pm

Hi Tia,

Yeah, when I could bun ... I would leave it alone all week. Less manipulation always work.

I love your hair color ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th March 2010, 12:22 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hi Tia,

Yeah, when I could bun ... I would leave it alone all week. Less manipulation always work.
AGREED!

BlondeByDesire wrote:I love your hair color ...

Thank you!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th March 2010, 1:30 pm

WOW, this challenge has been going on for 4 months now....
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th March 2010, 7:44 pm

I just did an unscheduled length check.....my ends touched my bra strap!!

I put in my DC and my plastic cap before I got too excited. I wasn't supposed to length check until easter. I need to trim this weekend so I know I will lose some length. But better to lose length by my own hands than by breakage.

woot!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th March 2010, 11:10 pm

dance Woo hoo bra strap!!!! How exciting!! That bun challenge is definitely working. How long are you planning on continuing to bun? (I phrased that all weird! lol)
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th March 2010, 11:53 pm

bholmes87 wrote:dance Woo hoo bra strap!!!! How exciting!! That bun challenge is definitely working. How long are you planning on continuing to bun? (I phrased that all weird! lol)

Originally I was going to stop in April (I started in Sept). However, I decided to continue until I get bored. It doesn't work for me to wear my hair out at work because my headset snags and pulls out my hair. So I will bun Mon-Fri and enjoy my curls on the weekends starting after easter. Currently I bun at all times and only let my hair out on special occasions and sometimes on Sundays.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th March 2010, 4:13 am

Yay, BSL! I knew you were there! I can't wait to get BSL, the funny thing is that I will still be doing protective styles like you!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next