CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moisture...Sealing....

+2
Mak
channy200404
6 posters

Go down

Moisture...Sealing.... Empty Moisture...Sealing....

Post by channy200404 6th March 2010, 5:08 pm

How to exactly seal in moisture... I use oils, shea butter, water based products.. And moisture still doesn't seal into my hair.. The shea butter and oils just make it greasy but my hair is still brittle and dying looking..... Ive even tried baggy methods, I deep condition once every week, and co-wash during the week..I also wear a satin bonnet at night Please help. This is becoming frustrating ....

Last edited by channy200404 on 6th March 2010, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
channy200404
channy200404

Back to top Go down

Moisture...Sealing.... Empty Re: Moisture...Sealing....

Post by Mak 6th March 2010, 7:46 pm

what products are you using? maybe your hair needs different products or all natural products. also, could it be diet? I know my hair is a lot better since I've been drinking much more water. finally, don't forget about protective styling. this is winter and my hair and skin are feeling it too.
Mak
Mak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 6th March 2010, 8:12 pm

Like Mak i'm curious to know what products you're using to wash/condition.
Also do you use a leave-in conditioner, or a moisturizing conditioner as your leave-in? That may help as well.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 6th March 2010, 8:17 pm

And do you clarify every so often? Having build up from oils and butters etc can hamper the process of the hair getting access to moisture.

I no longer use shea on my hair as it's too heavy. I find lighter oils such as coconut oil best. Grapeseed is another lighter oil that might be better for winter as coconut oil can harden in very cold weather.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by channy200404 6th March 2010, 8:36 pm

I usually keep my hair protected during the week. My wearing a bonnet then a knit cap or hat over it.. I maybe wear my hair out 2-3 times a week.
For shampoo I use - Carols Daughters or Aubrey's Organics
Co- wash- Herbal Essence- Hello Hydration or Giovanni's Smooth As Silk Conditioner
Leave in- Mixed Chicks or Giovanni's direct leave in
Deep Condition- Carols Daughters- Black Vanilla or I mixed some oils together and do a hot oil treatment
Moisturizer- shea butter / cocco butter whipped mix
I may use Kinky Curly and keep it in for about 3 days. When I use KKC my hair does seem to maintain the moisture.
My diet- Hmmm.. Im healthy eater..I love veggies and salads.. My water intake could be better. Im going to start tripling my water intake to see if it helps.
channy200404
channy200404

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th March 2010, 9:39 pm

How often do you shampoo? How often do you co-wash and DC.

You may be protein sensitive. I know Giovanni's smooth as silk has protein.

You could try adding an oil before or after applying your moisturizer.

I cannot use Shea butter often. My hair becomes hard. I use it more often in the summer when I co-wash often. It tends to build up quickly on my hair.

Try removing a product and seeing what happens. Assess your hair after three tries unless it is quite evident your hair dislikes a product.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 6th March 2010, 10:32 pm

jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 6th March 2010, 11:04 pm

I've tried Giovanni leave-in and Mixed Chics also-- I didn't find them very moisturizing on my hair type. How do you like them?
sidenote:I just happened across a natural blog today that raved about Aussie Moisture Conditioner as a leave in--she claimed to see a drastic change in her hair/moisture.

I agree with Chrslvsbks about removing products and experimenting to see what the culprit is.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down