CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealing in moisture ..

3 posters

Go down

Sealing in moisture ..  Empty Sealing in moisture ..

Post by Emartini04 16th October 2010, 9:29 pm

Hey ladies. Quick question: In order to seal moisture in your hair while its wet/after co wash should you use an oil and a butter? Just a butter? Or just an oil? What love to know what works for everyone. Right now I just use Jane Carters Nourish and Shine but I've been reading that you supposed to use both so I'm a bit confused if that maybe way too much oil for the hair. Used only EVOO for the first time last night and wasn't too impressed. (Applied EVOO first and then conditioner)
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Sealing in moisture ..  Empty Re: Sealing in moisture ..

Post by meepmeep1101 16th October 2010, 9:46 pm

After I co wash, I just put in leave in conditioner and seal it with shea butter.

I just read to use a product with water as the first ingredient and seal with a butter or an oil.
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 16th October 2010, 10:42 pm

meepmeep1101 is right. you use a moisturizer first, then seal it with an oil or butter, depending on your specific needs. If you do the no-poo method, a light oil would probably do the job because it's difficult to co-wash out butters and you don't want build up. The most important thing though is that you apply the moisturizer/leave-in first, then the sealing product, so it can lock the moisture in your hair Smile

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down