CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning 5 1/2 months; Trim?

3 posters

Go down

Transitioning 5 1/2 months; Trim? Empty Transitioning 5 1/2 months; Trim?

Post by naturallyme09 5th March 2010, 12:25 am

I have been transitioning for 5 1/2 months and I have not had a trim or used heat on my hair during my transition. I am anxious to see how much my hair has grown in the past 5 1/2 months and I am in need of a trim (I used to get a trim every 6-8 wks while relaxed). Does my hair have to be straightened to get a trim? If I decide to have my hair straightened would air drying and flat ironing be less damaging than a dominican blow out. I am really afraid of heat damage/breakage but I would like to see what my hair looks like straight.
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Transitioning 5 1/2 months; Trim? Empty Re: Transitioning 5 1/2 months; Trim?

Post by ~JOME~ 5th March 2010, 2:09 am

I have been transitioning for 6 months and last week I had my 2nd trim since my transition. The first time my hair was flat-ironed, but I was using that janelle beauty diva smooth stuff to straightened my hair so my natural hair reverted back. However, the second time I trimmed my hair, my hair was dripping wet and my hair stylist mom trimmed it since she is so used to trimming my hair that way.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th March 2010, 11:48 am

I think any well trained professional should be able to trim your hair in it's natural texture. My first and last trim was done by a relative/stylist and she had the nerve to question why my hair wasn't blown dry or flat ironed before the trim. I affirmatively explained to her that I am transitioning and no longer desire to wear a straightened look. That was the last time she will ever trim/cut my hair.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down