CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics.....

+67
NikG20
lovesunshine17
sunbaby
RissaRae
mstokes2008
Winnielours
krazy coils
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
CurlCita
MellowOne
traveljunkie08
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
mochamoments
MomnWife
newday
TMS
CrissyQ
CocoEuro
Muz
ktoliver5303
LaToya28
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
adiaha
jcanalena79
NaturalNixon
Kea::curls
C.
vmichelle
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
MahoganyCurls
jamaicacurl
A85
blondie
TerraD
Juices-n-Berries
missmoriah
truet
CocaColaCutie
neethair
MsJay1121
curly+kinky+fierce
p_nuttie43
Notthecoolmom
Mz. Thang
PaganWifey
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
bholmes87
AfrikanLatina
Cherry: extraordinary!
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
FemmeFox
sweetdrk1
mrsmackey
StephanieB
Shauny
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
d.denise
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
71 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics.....

Post by FemmeFox 26th March 2010, 2:41 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:(Week 16 Day 4)

Roxie is still twisted up. I pinned the sides back, put a little hump in the front and put on headband. I got a lot of peach fuzz/frizz going on in the front but I'm okay with it.

I have to stay off this site! I am so tempted to take my twist down and try some new styles. After watching Kimmaytube's Hair Journey video, I realized the reason Roxie is flourishing the way she is, is because I am in protective styles 90-95% of the time. It motivates me to continue to do protective styling.

I've heard it so many times on this journey, "Keep It Simple." Roxie likes simple. A lot of the curlies I watch on YouTube, that I look to for inspiration, Keep It Simple. They dont henna, no cassia, no mixing a ton of weird things and putting it in their hair. (If that's what you do and it is working for you, continue to do it. I'm talking about me right now :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Icon_lol).

Since I have already purchased some cassia powder, I am gonna use it but after that, I wont be purchasing it again.

After I use up my stash, I will be sticking with my staple products...

Shampoo:
KBB Conditioning Shampoo
Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo

Conditioner:
Honey Hemp (spring/summer)
Aussie Moist
Giovanni Smooth As Silk
Giovanni Direct Leave In

Oils:
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Castor oil

Essential oils:
Lemongrass
Tea Tree
Peppermint
Rosemary

Others:
Shea butter (fall/winter)
vegetable glycerin (spring/summer)
Shine and Define (spring/summer)
Whipped Pudding (spring/summer)

Picture Time:

Roxie pinned up on one side with hair candy

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 7_mont40

Roxie today

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 7_mont41

That's all for now. Later curlies!!

Roxie is FLOURISHING girl! I'm with you on the protetcive styling. Seffy grows more the less I do with her so I am doing a 6 week personal twist challenge. I also plan on working on my braiding so I have a few more options this summer.

Pics are beautiful as always. You are such an inspiration!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics.....

Post by Lynnieluve 26th March 2010, 3:54 pm

(Week 16 Day 5)

Is it me or did this week shoot by?

So last night I spritzed my scalp with the aloe grow, tied Roxie down and went to bed....bad choice. I didnt take the twist down from being pinned up and back yesterday so this morning I had smashed frizzy twist in the front. I was so tempted to co wash my twist but I have errands to run so I didnt want to be walking around with a wet head. Instead I un-pinned the twist and hopped in the shower. The steam help them plump up a little but they were still super frizzy. So I ended up with the same style from yesterday except it's a twist out...

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 7_mont42

I plan on shampooing my hair tonight or tomorrow because my scalp is itching and I saw a few flakes. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Icon_sad

For a couple of months, I have been trying to get my scalp healthy....that's why I joined the castor oil challenge which is almost over. I still havent master it because I've been a little lazy. I'm gonna tweak my regimen a little to see if that works....Here's the plan:

Shampoo every other week (using Kimmaytube's technique)

Co wash every other week or as needed

Oil my scalp with the castor oil mix on every wash day

Spritz my scalp with the aloe grow as needed follow by jojoba or coconut oil (Thanks for the tip Tia)

I will try this for the next couple of months and see how it works.

That's all for now. Later curlies!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th March 2010, 4:07 pm

*thinking* I gotta check the Kimmaytube technique to shampoo. Roxie is looking good to me, that definition is sick!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 26th March 2010, 4:56 pm

I like the headband or scarf around the twist out. Is is a camo pattern?
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th March 2010, 5:11 pm

Thanks Sweet and NTCM!!

@ NTCM -It's a headband. I think is suppose to be a giraffe like pattern but it is black and white. I got it from coveryourhair.com.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th March 2010, 5:18 pm

Roxie is looking fabulous Lynnie - you are doing an excellent job.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 26th March 2010, 5:39 pm

Roxie looks great Lynn!! I think your reggie will works really well because Roxie doesn't need much to be FABULOUS!! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th March 2010, 9:10 pm

Thanks BBD and BHolmes!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 26th March 2010, 10:25 pm

I agree with keeping it simple cause it just easier to keep up with. I love your twist they are always so FAB I love you
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th March 2010, 10:30 pm

Thanks Mz. Thang!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th March 2010, 11:30 pm

Lynnie I just finished trying to be like you doing a gadzillion twists in my hair and I still don't think I have as many as you :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Icon_sad ... I'm wiped out. I know they are various sizes, tried to keep them uniform but my arms too tired.

I'm gonna keep them in at least until Sunday. I would like to perfect them so I can wear them to work. That's gonna take some practice.

UPDATE: Lynnie I posted pics on my BNB
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 27th March 2010, 7:53 pm

I'm going to keep up with the Castor oil also, I love how it feels when applied right after a wash so I may just start doing the same thing.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 27th March 2010, 8:52 pm

LOL@ how similar our avatars are!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th March 2010, 9:05 pm

It's great to see you doing this with your daughter. My 4 year old wants her hair like mine with twist all over and big puffs. But she does not sit long enough for me to do it. I can only do a few ponytails with mini twist in each ponytail.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 9:38 pm

Weekend Hair

My scalp has been itching so I washed Roxie today with Giovanni 50/50 shampoo and conditioner using Kimmaytube's buffering technique. Then I deep conditioned for about 30 minutes without heat. I used CD Tui Smoothie. I didnt get the results Erica got but this was only my first time using it. Next time I use heat.

I plopped for about 5 minutes then I added Giovanni Direct leave in and Beyond the Zone leave in. Instead of applying the oil all over my head at once, I decided to apply it to each section then my shea butter mix. Roxie is in small/medium size two strand twist for a twist out tomorrow. Because my scalp still felt a little itchy (weird :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Kopfschuettel ) I spritzed my scalp with the aloe grow then applied jojoba oil. On the next wash day, I will apply the castor oil mix to my scalp.

I have no idea how I will style my twist out tomorrow but of course you guys know I will take a pic.

Later curlies!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 9:39 pm

npmoore04 wrote:It's great to see you doing this with your daughter. My 4 year old wants her hair like mine with twist all over and big puffs. But she does not sit long enough for me to do it. I can only do a few ponytails with mini twist in each ponytail.

Roxie is my hair's name. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Lol

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 27th March 2010, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 9:42 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Lynnie I just finished trying to be like you doing a gadzillion twists in my hair and I still don't think I have as many as you :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Icon_sad ... I'm wiped out. I know they are various sizes, tried to keep them uniform but my arms too tired.

I'm gonna keep them in at least until Sunday. I would like to perfect them so I can wear them to work. That's gonna take some practice.

UPDATE: Lynnie I posted pics on my BNB

I saw them and they look really good. I cant wait to see the twist out.

tiashauntee wrote:I'm going to keep up with the Castor oil also, I love how it feels when applied right after a wash so I may just start doing the same thing.

I didnt use it after I washed today but I will next time.

Erica5417 wrote:LOL@ how similar our avatars are!

Yes they are. I need to put on my purple turtleneck too. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th March 2010, 9:50 pm

Ohhh roxie is you hair! I luv the nickname for your tresses
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th March 2010, 12:03 am

Okay so Lynnie you and Sweet Dark inspired me to do some twists on my TWA tonight. I just finished after about 2.5 hours. It's rather full and I hope I get the great results I've seen you ladies rock. Your hair looks good btw!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2010, 12:07 am

Awww...Thanks DvaAuNaturel!! Where are the pics? 2.5 hours is pretty fast for the first time.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 28th March 2010, 12:34 am

Didn't you have the shea butter mix recipe here on your thread, or am I thinking about someone else? I looked but I didn't see it.
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2010, 12:55 am

mochamoments wrote:Didn't you have the shea butter mix recipe here on your thread, or am I thinking about someone else? I looked but I didn't see it.

Yes, it's on here. It's a few pages back.

3 tablespoons of shea butter

1 tablespoon of castor oil

1 tablespoon of EVOO

1 tablespoon of EVCO

A few drops of vitamin E oil (natural preservative)

If my shea butter is not scented, I also add a few drops of lemongrass essential oil for scent.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 28th March 2010, 12:57 am

ok, thanks, then you whip it?
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 28th March 2010, 12:58 am

You know I never measured out my shea butter mix, but I want to try to make my own pomade, but I don't know if I can just pick up plain beeswax.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2010, 1:04 am

mochamoments wrote:ok, thanks, then you whip it?

I melt my shea butter (NOT IN THE MICROWAVE) by boiling water on the stove. Remove the pot from the stove and place my glass boil (with the shea butter in it) over the pot. Once the shea butter melts, I add my oils. I put it in the refrigerator until is solidifies again. I use my hand mixer and whip it until it gets to a creamy consistency. There's a pic of the mix on page.....checking to see...page 15 at the very top.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next