CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics.....

+67
NikG20
lovesunshine17
sunbaby
RissaRae
mstokes2008
Winnielours
krazy coils
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
CurlCita
MellowOne
traveljunkie08
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
mochamoments
MomnWife
newday
TMS
CrissyQ
CocoEuro
Muz
ktoliver5303
LaToya28
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
adiaha
jcanalena79
NaturalNixon
Kea::curls
C.
vmichelle
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
MahoganyCurls
jamaicacurl
A85
blondie
TerraD
Juices-n-Berries
missmoriah
truet
CocaColaCutie
neethair
MsJay1121
curly+kinky+fierce
p_nuttie43
Notthecoolmom
Mz. Thang
PaganWifey
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
bholmes87
AfrikanLatina
Cherry: extraordinary!
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
FemmeFox
sweetdrk1
mrsmackey
StephanieB
Shauny
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
d.denise
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
71 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics.....

Post by .:Eden:. 24th February 2010, 1:52 am

No just poured a some in my hand and applied to to my hair after applying the conditioner. I was surprised how easily it went on.

Last edited by .:Eden:. on 24th February 2010, 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 1:55 am

.:Eden:. wrote:No just poured a some in my hand and applied to to my hair after applying the conditioner. I was surprised out easily it went on.

okay thanks!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 24th February 2010, 4:12 am

Lynnieluve wrote:(Week 12 Day 2)

Last night I co washed Roxie with VO5 Herbal Escapes (green one) and VO5 Moisture Milks (strawberry and cream). I only had a 1/4 of conditioner left in each bottle so I mixed them together. VO5 just isnt doing it for me anymore :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Kopfschuettel I have to use half the bottle to get the slip I like. Is there anything I can add to it to give me more slip? I have 3 more bottles to use up before purchasing a replacement. I used Organix Coconut Milk conditioner as my thick conditioner. Once I finish the bottle, I will not repurchase it anymore. I then used KBB Luscious Hair Mask to for a DT for about an hour...no heat. Cool water rinse then I applied Giovanni Direct Leave In and olive oil for my chunky twist to dry overnight (I took pics...too lazy to post them tonight). I sealed my ends with my shea butter mix.

Today, while my son was napping, I started making my chunky twist into small twist. I applied a little bit of my shea butter mix to each section first then I used the BeeMine BeeHold Curly Butter. I only applied a small amount. I am still trying to figure out the right combination for the Curly Butter. It gives AMAZING definition but in the pass my hair would feel weird. I've applied it on wet and dry hair. So far my hair is still soft. Once I use up the Curly Butter, I will not be repurchasing it either. I like for my stylers to be able to work on their own. Even though MJ Baby Buttercream has icky ingredients, it works well alone.....on wet or dry hair......it's just too darn expensive.

I am praying Oyin products work as well on my hair at this length as it did when I first BC'd. I will be ordering from them soon....probably April.

My "No Buy" challenge is almost over......5 more days!!!!! I cant wait!!! First stop.......KBB........I will be reordering the hair milk, Luscious Hair Mask and the body butter. I love the hair butter but because spring will be here before we know it, I will not be purchasing heavy butters until next fall. Well...I do still want to try the Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive heavy cream. I will getting the sample size though.

I have rambled enough now.. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_redface

Later curlies.

Wow the no-buy challenge is almost over??? Gosh it seems like it just started. I wasn't 'officially' apart of it but I just realized I haven't bought ANYTHING for my hair recently. Not even more coconut oil. I have just been using up what's in my cabinet and trying not to manipulate my hair as much. My wallet and my hair thank me!

And you're gonna have to go through that awkward stage now or later lol!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th February 2010, 8:39 am

Hi Lynn~~

Hang in there don't cut!! No I'm sure you can do real cute things with your hair during this awkward stage I'm sure. Smile

I can't wait to see your pictures, but I already know that Roxie is looking good.

I didn't stay on top of updating my list in the challenge, but I didn't realize it was almost over. What are we going to do to keep us in line when this is over? affraid

I feel yah..KBB has been calling my name I want to order some hair cream soo bad!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 9:55 am

d.denise wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:(Week 12 Day 2)

Last night I co washed Roxie with VO5 Herbal Escapes (green one) and VO5 Moisture Milks (strawberry and cream). I only had a 1/4 of conditioner left in each bottle so I mixed them together. VO5 just isnt doing it for me anymore :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Kopfschuettel I have to use half the bottle to get the slip I like. Is there anything I can add to it to give me more slip? I have 3 more bottles to use up before purchasing a replacement. I used Organix Coconut Milk conditioner as my thick conditioner. Once I finish the bottle, I will not repurchase it anymore. I then used KBB Luscious Hair Mask to for a DT for about an hour...no heat. Cool water rinse then I applied Giovanni Direct Leave In and olive oil for my chunky twist to dry overnight (I took pics...too lazy to post them tonight). I sealed my ends with my shea butter mix.

Today, while my son was napping, I started making my chunky twist into small twist. I applied a little bit of my shea butter mix to each section first then I used the BeeMine BeeHold Curly Butter. I only applied a small amount. I am still trying to figure out the right combination for the Curly Butter. It gives AMAZING definition but in the pass my hair would feel weird. I've applied it on wet and dry hair. So far my hair is still soft. Once I use up the Curly Butter, I will not be repurchasing it either. I like for my stylers to be able to work on their own. Even though MJ Baby Buttercream has icky ingredients, it works well alone.....on wet or dry hair......it's just too darn expensive.

I am praying Oyin products work as well on my hair at this length as it did when I first BC'd. I will be ordering from them soon....probably April.

My "No Buy" challenge is almost over......5 more days!!!!! I cant wait!!! First stop.......KBB........I will be reordering the hair milk, Luscious Hair Mask and the body butter. I love the hair butter but because spring will be here before we know it, I will not be purchasing heavy butters until next fall. Well...I do still want to try the Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive heavy cream. I will getting the sample size though.

I have rambled enough now.. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_redface

Later curlies.

Wow the no-buy challenge is almost over??? Gosh it seems like it just started. I wasn't 'officially' apart of it but I just realized I haven't bought ANYTHING for my hair recently. Not even more coconut oil. I have just been using up what's in my cabinet and trying not to manipulate my hair as much. My wallet and my hair thank me!

And you're gonna have to go through that awkward stage now or later lol!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Lynn~~

Hang in there don't cut!! No I'm sure you can do real cute things with your hair during this awkward stage I'm sure. Smile

I can't wait to see your pictures, but I already know that Roxie is looking good.

I didn't stay on top of updating my list in the challenge, but I didn't realize it was almost over. What are we going to do to keep us in line when this is over? affraid

I feel yah..KBB has been calling my name I want to order some hair cream soo bad!!

The challenge isnt over for everyone. My challenge was for 2 months. Most curlies challenge is for 3 months.

The challenge has really helped me. I really think twice before purchasing things. In my goals for the challenge, I said I would allow myself to try one new product once every 2 months. That is 6 new products a year which is a lot in my opinion. If I feel myself getting out of control again, I will put myself back on another challenge.

KHN,

If you have to ask that question, you should stay in "rehab" a little bit long. Plus, you have been sneaking and getting your fix in the product swap thread. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 10:10 am

i think i can hang on in the challenge a tad bit longer cuz i did save over $100 since starting...however, im treating myself to some kbb this week, lol. Oyin is next in April. heeeey, maybe i'll curve my pj by buying products just every 2 months too, lol.

i love the jcurl hat...im waiting on my sweetdrk original **tapping foot**

anyhoo, u got those twist down packed honey! i just feel like im too lazy to keep up with it and do em every few days! :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_rolleyes
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th February 2010, 10:17 am

Good Morning Lynnie,

How is Roxie this morning?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 24th February 2010, 11:01 am

Lynnieluve wrote:(Week 12 Day 2) Is there anything I can add to it to give me more slip?

I am looking for that same thing. Suave is not working like it used to for me. I just bought HE Hello Hydration - I am going to try that out. Looks like I will be using thick conditioners for everything.

I did add some Herbal Oil to my last bottle of Suave and it helped with slip a little be better but I still was 100% satisfied.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 11:07 am

tiashauntee wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:(Week 12 Day 2) Is there anything I can add to it to give me more slip?

I am looking for that same thing. Suave is not working like it used to for me. I just bought HE Hello Hydration - I am going to try that out. Looks like I will be using thick conditioners for everything.

I did add some Herbal Oil to my last bottle of Suave and it helped with slip a little be better but I still was 100% satisfied.

I have some herbal oil I need to get rid of so I will try that. I just need to get through these 3 bottles of VO5 so I can try something else.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th February 2010, 1:27 pm

no; no; no;....not sneaking, :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Affraid I thought that I was following the rules by not buying. I was trying to get rid of what I had....so I :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_redface
I thought....hmmmm I guess I'll go back and read the rules. *sigh*
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 2:06 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:no; no; no;....not sneaking, :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Affraid I thought that I was following the rules by not buying. I was trying to get rid of what I had....so I :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_redface
I thought....hmmmm I guess I'll go back and read the rules. *sigh*

I was just messing with you. You make your own rules for the No Buy Challenge. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 24th February 2010, 4:26 pm

Hi Lynnie - love you hair in the last pics

your hair in your profile pic is about the length of my hair now. Did you use the first do chunky twist then smaller twist method to get your hair like that? Also, if so did you twist the smaller twist on wet or dry hair? I have some about 18 twists in my hair now that I want to break into smaller twists tonight for a twistout but I would like the result to be simular to your profile pic. Any suggestions would be be appreciated.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 24th February 2010, 5:00 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:I feel the same Lynn, my hair is at an awkward stage...it either needs to be a bit longer or shorter..does that make sense?

Yes, it makes a lot of sense!!! The shape is all awkward too. My hair is starting to "fall" losing it's fro shape when I do my twist outs so I am having to pin it up. I am debating if I should get it cut and tough it out.

I'm at that awkward length now too. I've worn my hair in a fro since I went natural 5 years ago. When I recently started twisting it, it was weird for me since my twists and twistouts lay down instead of taking that fro shape. I think that's why it took me so long to wear my twists out in public...I was used to the volume of the fro.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 24th February 2010, 5:32 pm

Hey Lynnie!! I got thru your thread and it was GREAT! Ur hair type is like my youngest daughter's and anytime I read the threads, she's here with me..so 2 weeks ago when I cut the last 2 inches of her perm off, she specifically REQUESTED your twists!! so now, her hair is in twists all over and she says she doesn't want them taken down until the weekend..thank you sooooooooo much for the inspiration, i really, really appreciate it. I hope to be completely natural by December of this year but it may come sooner because these roller sets will NOT continue much longer!!

again, thanks!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 9:25 pm

Shauny wrote:Hi Lynnie - love you hair in the last pics

your hair in your profile pic is about the length of my hair now. Did you use the first do chunky twist then smaller twist method to get your hair like that? Also, if so did you twist the smaller twist on wet or dry hair? I have some about 18 twists in my hair now that I want to break into smaller twists tonight for a twistout but I would like the result to be simular to your profile pic. Any suggestions would be be appreciated.

Thanks!!

The hair style in my profile pic is a 2 day old twist out using BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. If you make you 18 twist into smaller twist, you should be able to achieve similar result if you have a product that gives you great definition.

Lately, I have been doing my small twist on dry hair. I like the results because it shows my length.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 9:30 pm

mrsmackey wrote:Hey Lynnie!! I got thru your thread and it was GREAT! Ur hair type is like my youngest daughter's and anytime I read the threads, she's here with me..so 2 weeks ago when I cut the last 2 inches of her perm off, she specifically REQUESTED your twists!! so now, her hair is in twists all over and she says she doesn't want them taken down until the weekend..thank you sooooooooo much for the inspiration, i really, really appreciate it. I hope to be completely natural by December of this year but it may come sooner because these roller sets will NOT continue much longer!!

again, thanks!!!

Awwww, thank you. I am :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_redface. I'm glad I was able to be an inspiration to you and your daughter. How old is she? My thread must really be interesting because you and a few other ladies have read all 30+ pages. I have to go back and read it too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th February 2010, 10:03 pm

Just checking in!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 24th February 2010, 10:35 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
mrsmackey wrote:Hey Lynnie!! I got thru your thread and it was GREAT! Ur hair type is like my youngest daughter's and anytime I read the threads, she's here with me..so 2 weeks ago when I cut the last 2 inches of her perm off, she specifically REQUESTED your twists!! so now, her hair is in twists all over and she says she doesn't want them taken down until the weekend..thank you sooooooooo much for the inspiration, i really, really appreciate it. I hope to be completely natural by December of this year but it may come sooner because these roller sets will NOT continue much longer!!

again, thanks!!!

Awwww, thank you. I am :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_redface. I'm glad I was able to be an inspiration to you and your daughter. How old is she? My thread must really be interesting because you and a few other ladies have read all 30+ pages. I have to go back and read it too.

You should definitely go back and read it! I even think you should either print it or save it to your computer just in case there is a technical problem with the forum (remember about a week or so after it first started the entire thread was missing! and everyone had to start all over :-(
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 10:55 pm

(Week 12 Day 3)

I am happy to report I found the right combo for the BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter! :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Icon_cheers Today, Roxie is still soft and moisturized.

Tonight, I will oil Roxie with the castor oil mix. I only did it twice last week but I am back on schedule this week. I oiled/greased my scalp Monday after I washed it.

Here are the pics of my chunky twist and new set of twist...

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... 6_mont22

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... 6_mont23

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... 6_mont24

:: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... 6_mont25

That's all for now! Later curlies!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th February 2010, 11:19 am

Good Morning LL,

Your twists look great ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 25th February 2010, 11:43 am

My daughter is 8 and after we cut off the perm, her hair was about chin length un-stretched...she's super excited and she can't wait to try ALL the styles that she sees on CN!!! Since going thru the transition with her has helped me to fall in love with ALL natural hair types. Even when I'm in the stores and I see someone who's natural, I have such a love for their hair..I no longer look at it with contempt...thank GOD for growth and education...
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th February 2010, 2:00 pm

Lookin good Lynn!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th February 2010, 2:24 pm

Lynn any conditioner I have that doesn't have enough slip or just doesn't have that special something I add Olive oil and honey to the bottle. I only add a lil honey (don't want it too sticky) but you can adjust the oil to whatever you prefer.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 9:13 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning LL,

Your twists look great ...

Thanks!!

mrsmackey wrote:My daughter is 8 and after we cut off the perm, her hair was about chin length un-stretched...she's super excited and she can't wait to try ALL the styles that she sees on CN!!! Since going thru the transition with her has helped me to fall in love with ALL natural hair types. Even when I'm in the stores and I see someone who's natural, I have such a love for their hair..I no longer look at it with contempt...thank GOD for growth and education...

I would love to see her twist out if you are comfortable posting her pics on here.

FemmeFox wrote:Lookin good Lynn!

Thanks!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Lynn any conditioner I have that doesn't have enough slip or just doesn't have that special something I add Olive oil and honey to the bottle. I only add a lil honey (don't want it too sticky) but you can adjust the oil to whatever you prefer.

Thanks. I will try that too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 9:17 pm

(Week 12 Day 4)

Nothing going on with Roxie today. She is still soft and moisturized. I am gonna put a little of my shea butter mix on my ends tonight though.

I went to TJ Maxx today. They had Giovanni products, BedHead Products, Ken Paves products....I didnt purchase anything though because the "No Buy" Challenge isnt over until March 1st and they didnt have Smooth As Silk or Moisture Maniac. :: Lynnieluve :: Baby pics..... Kopfschuettel

That's all I have for now. Later curlies!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next