CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealing in the summer

4 posters

Go down

Sealing in the summer Empty Sealing in the summer

Post by chocolate-kinks 1st March 2010, 8:32 pm

I heard sealing is done the same exact way in the summer such as in the winter. I use blackonyx77 (from youtube) method of sealing. First you add a water based product, then an oil, then a cream product. It seems to be working great for me so far, but I'm not sure about it in the summer. I more than likely will be going to Antigua this summer and Antigua is WAYYYY to hot for an oil. Is there another method of sealing in the summer? I really don't want to sweat and have the oils running all over my face. Ewww. BTW is sealing in the summer important? I didn't do it last summer (maybe thats why I had some hair issues).Also another question about sealing. So far since I've been sealing my hair lately I've been doing it everyday. Sometimes I notice my hair is still a bit moisturized the next day, but I still seal regardless. Is this okay? or if its moisturized should I leave it as is and bump it? (bump it means to twist and tuck under to prevent tangles)
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Sealing in the summer Empty Re: Sealing in the summer

Post by R2D2 1st March 2010, 10:12 pm

You could vary your choice of oil. Some oils are lighter than others. Coconut oil and grapeseed oil are fairly light. Also perhaps only use a small amount of it when applying to the hair. Castor, avocado and olive oils are fairly heavy though and probably best avoided in summer.

I've just come out of summer and used oil to seal about twice a week after my DC and cowash. I didn't have any problem with the oil running down my face. I also continued to pre-poo with oil every time I shampooed as well. My hair has done well this summer.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 1st March 2010, 11:22 pm

Chocolate-kinks i live in the Islands year round I have yet to have oil dripping down my face, the most that would happen is if you do a wash and go then water may drip a little but once it dries you're good. Coconut oil is good, Carol's daugther hair elixir is ok too,you can also use a little olive oil mixed with leave in. I use a variety of oils and the heavy ones just use less and plenty plenty leave in conditioner.

Last edited by beautywithcurls on 2nd March 2010, 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 12:51 am

R2D2 wrote:You could vary your choice of oil. Some oils are lighter than others. Coconut oil and grapeseed oil are fairly light. Also perhaps only use a small amount of it when applying to the hair. Castor, avocado and olive oils are fairly heavy though and probably best avoided in summer.

I've just come out of summer and used oil to seal about twice a week after my DC and cowash. I didn't have any problem with the oil running down my face. I also continued to pre-poo with oil every time I shampooed as well. My hair has done well this summer.

Oh okay that sounds awesome. Thanks a lot.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 12:52 am

beautywithcurls wrote:Chocolate-kinks i live in the Islands year round I have yet to have oil dripping down my face, the most that would happen is if you do a wash and go then water may drip a little but once it dries you're good. Coconut oil is good, Carol's daugther hair elixir is ok too,you can also use a little olive oil mixed with leave in. I use a variety of oils and the heavy ones i just you less and plenty plenty leave in conditioner.

Oh Thanks I'll do that then.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 2nd March 2010, 1:07 am

i meant use, lol
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 1:26 am

beautywithcurls wrote:i meant use, lol

use what? I'm confused lol.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 2nd March 2010, 9:21 am

i meant use little of the heavier oils, i had made a typo,lol oh i also like jojoba oil too...I'll be trying some new stuff soon, i just have to figure out how to get it shipped to me without paying crazy prices,lol...Maybe i'll just wait until my next trip [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 2nd March 2010, 11:41 am

You should be fine, and BlackOnyx lives in Florida, and it can get extremely hot there, and she seems to have no problem.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 2:32 pm

beautywithcurls wrote:i meant use little of the heavier oils, i had made a typo,lol oh i also like jojoba oil too...I'll be trying some new stuff soon, i just have to figure out how to get it shipped to me without paying crazy prices,lol...Maybe i'll just wait until my next trip [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol ohh okay. What my family does is have the product shipped to us, then when someone is going back home we send it with them.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 2:33 pm

MissFierce21 wrote:You should be fine, and BlackOnyx lives in Florida, and it can get extremely hot there, and she seems to have no problem.

Your right, and she seals with coconut oil
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 2nd March 2010, 2:37 pm

I do that sometimes but sometimes my relatives take to long to send me things and the one person i know who would ship on time just moved to Mexico for 2 years,lol....Coconut oil is one of my favs actually anything with coconut especially Cruzan Coconut Rum, I'm not just saying that bcuz i live here, lol

avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 2:39 pm

beautywithcurls wrote:I do that sometimes but sometimes my relatives take to long to send me things and the one person i know who would ship on time just moved to Mexico for 2 years,lol....Coconut oil is one of my favs actually anything with coconut especially Cruzan Coconut Rum, I'm not just saying that bcuz i live here, lol

Lol I feel you. I have family who live is St.Croix too.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 2nd March 2010, 3:09 pm

For real! Most likely i've seen them, know them or know someone who knows them, lol
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 3:14 pm

beautywithcurls wrote:For real! Most likely i've seen them, know them or know someone who knows them, lol

lol my family are Looby's down there. one of my aunt's name is Cassandra.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 2nd March 2010, 3:25 pm

hmmm, Sounds familiar i'll be on the lookout,lol
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 8:26 pm