CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are cornrows appropriate for an Interview?

+17
splitsun
naturallytexan
Lynnieluve
naturalhonney
Free2Be
PaganWifey
BajanPrincess82
tiashaunteé
CreoleLady88
natural83
Erica5417
ktoliver5303
BlondeByDesire
new-naturalle
poeticlyspkng
nbella
Janique
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are cornrows appropriate for an Interview? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are cornrows appropriate for an Interview?

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 2:09 pm

splitsun wrote:Is there an interview thread? Cause I need some emotional support lol.

I see you've gotten tons of advice Janique, so all I'll say is good luck and keep it professional.

I also have an interview, which I am a bit nervous about and all I can think about is my hair since it is still in twa stage.

You rock that TWA to your interview. Dont be nervous. I've said this on a few other threads on this forum.....If you get the job, you are gonna be rockin a TWA to work everyday (well until it grows out to a BAA). You be the true you!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Are cornrows appropriate for an Interview? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are cornrows appropriate for an Interview?

Post by splitsun 24th February 2010, 2:13 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
splitsun wrote:Is there an interview thread? Cause I need some emotional support lol.

I see you've gotten tons of advice Janique, so all I'll say is good luck and keep it professional.

I also have an interview, which I am a bit nervous about and all I can think about is my hair since it is still in twa stage.

You rock that TWA to your interview. Dont be nervous. I've said this on a few other threads on this forum.....If you get the job, you are gonna be rockin a TWA to work everyday (well until it grows out to a BAA). You be the true you!

I made a whole thread a moment ago and I just saw this lol

Thank you Lynnie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 24th February 2010, 3:14 pm

splitsun-Rock the TWA, as your hair gets longer you will be able to do more stuff with it. Just walk in head held high, and confident. Your confidence will outshine anything.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 24th February 2010, 10:30 pm

Straight back or with a curve with a bun, extra designs isn't very business like. We need people to see use for us not our hair, cornrows Can be professional. Make sure your dressed professionally and people will see you. It's a personal choice but we got to help erase the stigma...but then again the only rules i ever follow are my own. I'm stubborn as hell...lol
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 24th February 2010, 11:37 pm

My mom used to say the same thing about individual braid extensions a few years ago, "that they weren't professional enough" and now I don't think anyone would say that. Maybe they would and I'm out of touch!

My point is, that as more and more of us women go natural... our hair and the styles will become more mainstream, including cornrows. And that's what this thread is really all about. What is and what isn't mainstream and therefore appropriate for an interview.
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 25th February 2010, 9:21 am

I like Lynnieluve's advice, I plan on being true to myself but professional at the same time.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 25th February 2010, 10:22 am

jamaicanmecurly wrote:My mom used to say the same thing about individual braid extensions a few years ago, "that they weren't professional enough" and now I don't think anyone would say that. Maybe they would and I'm out of touch!

My point is, that as more and more of us women go natural... our hair and the styles will become more mainstream, including cornrows. And that's what this thread is really all about. What is and what isn't mainstream and therefore appropriate for an interview.

couldn't have said it better
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 25th February 2010, 4:44 pm

to draw a good comparison extra designs are like multi colored hair. Ok in some businesses but not all.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by misha 27th February 2010, 5:05 am

I just finished writing a post on my blog about something similar. I also had an interview, but I wanted to cover my flat twists as they're neither new nor neat. I wanted to wrap my hair and my mom wanted me to wear a wig. I didn't even fight. I just wore the wig.
misha
misha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 27th February 2010, 11:01 pm

I'm from New York and when I went to school out there I was always told you don't play around with a job interview. I was told to make sure nothing is out of place, don't where noticable makeup where something light and natural. Where your hair in a bun if it is long, if it is short it is okay to wear it out, it's best to wear a nice dress suite, only navy blue, black, or gray if you don't have those colors than something dark or neutral nothing loud. I was also told to wear low heals make sure your shoes are comfortable because they will notice if you cannot walk properly in them. Carry a small purse and a resume folder. Only wear a small pair of earrings, one simple necklace, maybe one bracelet and one ring nothing to flashy. The school I went to really broke it down. They said this guy went on an interview he was nice and perfectly qualified but he forgot to put socks on and the interviewer couldn't get over it so they didn't hire him. You never know what people look at or are thinking.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2