CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life: 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, & beyond

+33
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Kez
TheRYL1
Neems
CrissyQ
suqiit
Napp_Napp_Cat
bcflorida_queen
luvinlife225
tashafawn24
Curly_Aquarius
BekkaPoo
jjleo
Nikcoils
kinksncurls
Syrah
MikMont
BlondeByDesire
Karyn
lumii
Intelligentbeauty
nikkinixnicole
cocoachanel
HisBeauty
ChrsLvsBks
Heart2Worship
HAMPTONSFNST
AfrikanLatina
LadyMika
tiashaunteé
Jonezy
LuvMeLuvMyFro
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Life: 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, & beyond Empty Life: 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, & beyond

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 17th February 2010, 4:03 pm

Hey ladies
what generation are you in and which one do you think was your best? I am in my last year of my twenties and I am
having a really hard time with it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I
mean not from the birthday standpoint but just the fact that I am entering my thirties. My girlfriend keeps telling me that I am
going to love my thirties (she is 38) but idk.
I mean when shopping I will try on something and tell myself that I am
too old for this or that but not old enough for something else. And I don’t know why but lately everyone’s grandfather
wants to take me out to dinner.
REALLY?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] First of all I am
happily married so that would never happen but can someone that DOESN’T have
worms show a little interest (a different friend of mine says that after 40 men
start to have worms LOL!). Anyway how have you ladies dealt with the
milestones of your life?

**I am still having a hard time dealing with turning thirty next month so, I decided to blog about it along with a friend of mine who is having a hard time too.**

http://thebig30sblog.blogspot.com/

Last edited by LuvMeLuvMyFro on 23rd September 2010, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Life: 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, & beyond Empty Re: Life: 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, & beyond

Post by Jonezy 17th February 2010, 4:42 pm

lol I'm in a similar boat--grandpas and all. I'll be 27 soon, I'm like why are these years seemingly flying by faster than normal--I was just 16?!*sigh* I'll be sticking around for the responses on this!

You look fabulous though Luv--you're going to rock those 30's! Smile
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th February 2010, 5:16 pm

I'm 27 but when people guess my age I get 19-22yrs. I think my early 20s so far were awesome. I could go go go, party all night, stay up all day, drop it like it's hot, eat any combination of foods.
Now I am sleep by midnight, lost my rhythm, and can't eat food older than 2 days. However, I am hoping that the years ahead will out shine my 20s....I haven't even started a family yet, lol
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 17th February 2010, 5:21 pm

I'm 27, and I felt like my 20s just flew right by. Mostly because I spent a good portion of it trying to find a life that was mine instead of actually LIVING. Now I feel as though I'll be spending my 30s playing catch up with all the things I SHOULD have done, but didn't do sooner. Such as getting back into music and art. I don't have the discipline I had when I was a teen so it's hard to stay consistent, let alone motivated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 18th February 2010, 9:56 am

tiashauntee wrote:I'm 27 but when people guess my age I get 19-22yrs. I think my early 20s so far were awesome. I could go go go, party all night, stay up all day, drop it like it's hot, eat any combination of foods.
Now I am sleep by midnight, lost my rhythm, and can't eat food older than 2 days. However, I am hoping that the years ahead will out shine my 20s....I haven't even started a family yet, lol

I so agree because if I am not in bed by 11 o'clock then I am cranky all day the next day and the thought of going out to like a club...NO! Let's not even start on how my digestion system has turned on me.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 18th February 2010, 10:11 am

LadyMika wrote:I'm 27, and I felt like my 20s just flew right by. Mostly because I spent a good portion of it trying to find a life that was mine instead of actually LIVING. Now I feel as though I'll be spending my 30s playing catch up with all the things I SHOULD have done, but didn't do sooner. Such as getting back into music and art. I don't have the discipline I had when I was a teen so it's hard to stay consistent, let alone motivated. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know for a fact that I started way to early. I was married with two children by 22 and had the third by 24. I spent my 20s trying to by that superwoman; finishing school, working, and being that perfect wife and mother. And I want to say that my 30s will be different but my kids are still young and until they are older my focus will always be on them.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 18th February 2010, 1:36 pm

I'm 25 and I feel like the mommy of most of my friends. I make people call me when they get home if we go out or if they leave my house too late and all that other mommy stuff. I don't do clubs anymore so when I see a new dance I'm like "What's that?" lol

I thought I would be a little further along career/education wise but I know I will get there. I plan to go back for my Masters within the next year. When my son gets a older I plan to homeschool & work outside the home. We'll see how that goes. We may put him in a charter school if we find one we like. I'm enjoying being a mommy/stay at home mom at this stage in my life. Four years ago I didn't think I would be where I am today but I'm glad I am.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 19th February 2010, 3:48 pm

Im 25 and anyone slightly older than me I tease them about how close they are to 30, even my bf. Right now career wise my life isn't where I hoped it would be by now but that's ok because I have I've grown and my experiences have given me wisdom. There's this old Jewish proverb that helped me realize that I'm where I should be. "Man makes plans and God laughs." Our Creator already knows how things are going to turn out. We just have to use our mistakes to teach us what not to do.

I look forward to marriage and starting a family yet that will not happen until my life is in order and I selflessly and responsibly am able to take care of someone that soley depends on me to provide all their needs. I'm enjoying my time with just me and my bf.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th February 2010, 3:51 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote: There's this old Jewish proverb that helped me realize that I'm where I should be. "Man makes plans and God laughs." Our Creator already knows how things are going to turn out. We just have to use our mistakes to teach us what not to do.

I like that!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 24th February 2010, 4:23 pm

I'm 28 and will be 29 in August. I can relate to every one of you ladies! If I had it my way, I would be in the bed at 9 o'clock! I would be considered the "momma" among my friends, also. The funny part about it is that I am the youngest of my friends. I notice that as the years go by I am getting a little set in my ways, but on the flip side I've made a conscious decision to stop being complacent and everyone's emergency IS NOT mine. Getting caught up in the concerns of others cause me to sort of lose myself in the process.

I don't remember a lot about myself growing up, do the things that were going on around me. But one thing that blesses me is that God is restoring all that was lost, therefore I can go into my thirties with a nice strut in my step!
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th February 2010, 5:05 pm

I am 38, and enjoying my 30s. I could care less what people think about me most times. I am more confident than I was in my 20s. I party and rock like a rockstar with the best of them. You will see me dropping it low and getting my "eagle on" in the clubs (when I go--it's rare now due to hubby's work schedule and job).

I had my sons young. They are 19 and 17. I love the time I have to focus on my husband and me. I do not plan to change jobs. I am happy where I am.

I am finished with school but hope to take a few non-credit courses in decorating, cooking, baking, wedding planning, jewelry making, etc.

I look forward to my 40s and beyond. I am hoping to start a family with my husband real soon. Pray for me that I will conceive and have a healthy baby. TIA
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HisBeauty 24th February 2010, 8:22 pm

For a minute I thought I was going to be the only thirty-something to respond. I'll be 33 in April and loving everything about my 30's. I thank God that no time in my life was bad, I'm glad about all the years and the fact that they keep getting better.

At 29, LuvMeLuvMyFro, I was a little nervous about things to come...but lo and behold it's all good. I don't worry about what people think, what's not getting done, or how to please the whole world. I am so satisfied with who I am, if anyone doesn't like it at this point who cares...

Unlike you most of you, I'm single without children so maybe things are a little different. It's usually the little teeny boppers trying to "holla" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , 25 and under...hysterical. Crazy thing is I met my S.O. when I was 18, but we've just figured ourselves out as we inched into our 30's.

Embrace each decade, learn from them, and be your best you at every age. (I'm determined to be that hottie in the age issue of Essence when I'm 70 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
HisBeauty
HisBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 24th February 2010, 8:30 pm

Alright HisBeauty!!! Your hair is gorgous, by the way.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by HisBeauty 24th February 2010, 8:36 pm

Thanks Heart2Worship, so is yours!
HisBeauty
HisBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 3rd March 2010, 6:06 am

I just turned 24 yesterday and I feel like I'm about to be getting to a point where I'm growing into my own skin and becoming the person I want to be. I'm about to graduate from college and I'm very much looking forward to leaving the undergraduate life behind. As much as I enjoyed it - for the most part - I just feel ready to move on. I like my 20's because I still have time to be young and make mistakes, but I'm also starting to learn from those mistakes and want better for myself.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 3rd March 2010, 3:26 pm

@ HisBeauty- I love those issues of Essence.

I am glad to know that so many of you can relate **insert snippet from MJ's "You are not Alone"** but still struggling here [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] maybe the only thing that will help is time.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 3rd March 2010, 5:58 pm

@ LuvMeLuvMyFro--Looks to me like you have the answer to your struggle in your signature...Proverbs 3:5...TRUST HIM. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 4th March 2010, 1:25 am

I'm 21 and I feel like I'm living my best life now! I believe it's going to get better as I get older (and wiser). Alot of older folks would say "live like there's no tomorrow" and being the drama queen i was as a teenager, I'd take on unnecessary problems (but who didn't in high school lol) and felt as though I was not truly living. Now, I realize the truth in that quote and I feel like I'm at a happy and comfortable place (with the exception of a few things but hey, noone's life is perfect lol). I'm rambling LOL. ANYWAYS...
Being natural puts the icing on the cake! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th March 2010, 4:11 am

HisBeauty wrote:For a minute I thought I was going to be the only thirty-something to respond. I'll be 33 in April and loving everything about my 30's. I thank God that no time in my life was bad, I'm glad about all the years and the fact that they keep getting better.

At 29, LuvMeLuvMyFro, I was a little nervous about things to come...but lo and behold it's all good. I don't worry about what people think, what's not getting done, or how to please the whole world. I am so satisfied with who I am, if anyone doesn't like it at this point who cares...

Unlike you most of you, I'm single without children so maybe things are a little different. It's usually the little teeny boppers trying to "holla" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , 25 and under...hysterical. Crazy thing is I met my S.O. when I was 18, but we've just figured ourselves out as we inched into our 30's.

Embrace each decade, learn from them, and be your best you at every age. (I'm determined to be that hottie in the age issue of Essence when I'm 70 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

I will be 34 this June. And I am loving it. I couldn't agree with the bolded statement more.
I am done with childbearing, done with school, and now I am just loving watching my children grow and enjoying all my new found interests. GOD IS SO GOOD!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 16th March 2010, 4:17 pm

I'm going to turn 16 in June [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Still feel like a baby..!
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 16th March 2010, 7:50 pm

I'm turning 17 this year. I dunno where the time went. It's extremely surreal to me. I'm almost an adult, but I miss being a kid so SO much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It will only go downhill from here lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 17th March 2010, 12:23 pm

I actually can't wait to get older..
in aboiut 10 years I'll probably be saying something else [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th March 2010, 12:52 pm

Well I'll be 41 this year ... time sure does fly ... these years are just rolling on by. I will have been married for 21 years come this September.

I too was a young Mom -- my oldest will be 23 ... and my youngest will be 16 this year.

I feel really good for my age and I always get carded. Most of the time when I'm out people think my kids and I are siblings.

@Chrs - wow I wish you much luck and success in TTC this year or when ever you are ready. I'm sure you will have a happy healthy spoiled Baby.

I got a tubuligation after the my third kid - at the time it was the right choice for me. Sometimes now, I regret it and then not. But I also think I only have 2 more years before my youngest is off to college and it will be just me and my Hubby ... that's a great feeling too. Looking forward to one day having grand-kids and spoiling them and then sending them home.

I've learned a lot during my 40 years thus far. I'm enjoying life and greatful each and every morning I wake up and see another day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MikMont 17th March 2010, 6:27 pm

I will be 25 in August and sometimes I think I am having a quarter-life crisis. Sounds silly but im so serious. It doesnt help that Im at least 10 years younger than everyone at my job - sometimes I feel like I should still be doing kid stuff. Paying bills isnt fun!! LOL And Im pretty sure I lost my rhythm too! My friends and I used to talk about clubs and drama, but now we talk about the weather. I know some of it is maturity taking over but I dont want to be too mature just yet.
MikMont
MikMont

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th March 2010, 11:41 pm

@BBD, thanks for the kind words!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content