CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist and Curl!

+20
KeishaMac
vonda4b
StacyB
Raytay
Mz. Thang
krenea
NikE
BlakButterfli
Reshon30
HoneynBrown
natural83
NikG20
AfroButtafly
tiashaunteƩ
MixedStraightUp
*CurlyNikki*
bella gee
loveself247
oooop2
RandRlove
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Twist and Curl! - Page 3 Empty Re: Twist and Curl!

Post by 1FlySista 25th November 2010, 7:35 pm

I really want to try this "Twist n Curl" style after viewing "ItsMeHeatherNicole" tutorial on Youtube but I would like to know how to prepare it before bed each night so that it can last a few days. Anyone have a proven technique? Or have a YT vid to share of a natural who has a tutorial?
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 7th December 2010, 1:23 pm

What is everyone using for the "curl" part of the twist n curl? I am currently using gray perm rods and it comes out great. But I am wondering if maybe those little raised bumps on the perm rods are not good for my ends and hair? It seems like they might be rubbing my hair wrong Crying or Very sad What about smoother options but something comfy cause I usually sleep in the perm rods & they are not exactly cushy! Any ideas for me to try?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Twist and Curl! - Page 3 Empty HELP!!!!

Post by RawPsych12 8th December 2010, 2:58 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I NEED HELP! Im currently on a journey from relaxed to texlaxed .. then texlaxed to natural. Why the round-about? That's just me! I currently have about 3 inches of texlaxed hair and .5 inches of natural new growth. My hair is just brushing my shoulders. I believe I'm mostly 4b with fine but THICK hair. I have been relaxed since I was 6 because mom could not deal with my hair. After almost 15 years I have decided to go natural (despite opposition from mom, hubby, and friends). However I dont want my transition to be too drastic and dramatic.
Anyway I LOVE the TnC! I do it pretty well. My issue is second day hair. How do I preserve the curls. I usually just re-twist everynight. Ialways do it on dry hair because I hate the feel of wet hair and the process of styling wet hair. I use Luster's Scurl styling spray for moisture and whipped shea butter (shea butter and coconut oil mix) to seal. I make about 30 twists and set on the smallest size perm rods (blue). Wrap in a net and cover with satin cap. In the morning a undo twists and use a pick for my roots. My hair is always soft, bouncy,fluffy and light. Re-twisting every night is not a problem for me. I take that time to reflect on the day and plan for the next so I enjoy it. I never used a comb on a re-twist. I would however like to know that if I ever don't have the time I can preserve my style till I felt like redoing. So what am I asking?
How do I "sleep-proof" my TnC?
What products are good (on a college student budget)?
Is nightly re-twisting bad?

Thanks in advance!
K Rawlins

RawPsych12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3