CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning

3 posters

Go down

Transitioning Empty Transitioning

Post by Ms.Fenty 15th February 2010, 10:50 pm

Would it be easier to transition on texturized vs relaxed hair, due to the smaller difference in textures???
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Transitioning Empty Re: Transitioning

Post by Deva_87 16th February 2010, 2:11 am

i think the transition is going to be trying either way. A chemical alteration is a chemical alteration. Are you texlaxed or relaxed currently?
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 16th February 2010, 3:26 am

i can only speak for myself, but when i was relaxed, my hair was never straight. in fact relaxers made very little change in the texture of my hair, it was always still very curly. so when i decided to stop relaxing(since there was no point anyway), the difference in texture was only noticeable once my hair is left to air dry curly(shrinkage differences), or during a twist out, the natural hair holds the twist longer with less frizz and shrinks more.there was no difference in curl size or pattern. i have been transitioning for a year and a half as of February, and it has be relatively easy for me, my natural hair has never had the tendency to tangle and the chemically treated hair only tangle if i am extremely negligent, so i am not in a rush to chop, i may in august or just go indefinitely. i personally attribute the easy to the textures being nearly identical, and the fact that i am used to dealing with something very close to my natural texture since my perm never really "took", so i had no choice but to figure out how to wear and style it curly,and find tools and products that work best!!!! here is a pic of my hair with a perm in a curly style, looks exactly like my natural hair!!(best permed texture shot i could find)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

so the short answer is yes, based on my experience, transitioning could be easier if your permed hair is closer to your natural hair in texture.. but even if you natural and permed hair are glaringly different in texture, it shouldn't stop you from transitioning. the right tools(wide tooth seam less comb, rollers, clips, one of those donuts for buns), and the right products(very moisturizing conditioners with great slip) with help ease the journey!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 16th February 2010, 11:54 pm

Thanks for the input ladies, I think my last relaxer was more of a texlax (only about 3 wks ago), which was not done on purpose. And I know chemicals are chemicals but I would assume that there would be less tension (not necessarily damage) w/less texture difference. But I don't know...... Would being texlaxed make any difference (even though I know transitioning will be pretty difficult regardless)?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down