CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Rules Product line

+3
BattleKat
lexibugg004
JRoshelle
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hair Rules Product line Empty Hair Rules Product line

Post by JRoshelle 14th February 2010, 12:51 am

Has any one used or know some one that had used the Hair rules product line, I was thinking about ordering some but I wanted to see if anyone has tried it

http://www.hairrules.com/

I think I might order the travel kit and see how it goes but please let me know if any one has used it

Thanks
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Hair Rules Product line Empty Re: Hair Rules Product line

Post by lexibugg004 14th February 2010, 4:15 am

i haven't tried it yet, but i have definitely been scoping out the site for some time now. seeing susan and Janine's after shots was quite an inspiration(but i guess they are suppose to be). i wonder how long it took to fluff up and tease those fros, because my hair will not do that at all, huuuuummmmmm!!!!! anyway, if i try them before you do, i will definitely leave you a very detailed review
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 14th February 2010, 4:24 am

Lexibugg004: The inner product junkie in me couldnt resist and I actually ordered the Kinky Curling Cream and the Curly Whip. I found small 2oz bottled on amazon.com and decided I'd try them both before I bought a bigger bottle. When they come I'll post the results dance
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 14th February 2010, 10:06 pm

that would be greatly appreciated!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 15th February 2010, 11:10 pm

I would like to know how it work for you also. I have tried Miss Jesse and it didn't work for me and Kinky Curly is ok but I still have alot of shrinkage when I use it.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 16th February 2010, 12:14 am

Will do! It shipped today so it should be here with in the week.
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 18th February 2010, 9:54 pm

Just got my order of Hair Rules and wanted to give you some quick info on them. I want to use them a few times before i decide if i like it or not but I got the 2oz bottles of the curly whip (orange & brown label) which is for curly hair and the 2oz bottle of Kinky curling cream (blue and purple label) which is for kinky hair. First thing I have to say is I like the bottle it's self because it is a softer bottle than you'd expect, which is nice because you can actually squeeze it and get the product out. Both have a light scent the curly whip has a fruity smell, it reminds me of fruit loops and the curly cream kind of smells like marshmallows and coconut, but not exactly it's but it is a nice scent. Both have a creamy consistency, the texture reminds me of lotion, neither leave a sticky residue over all without using them I like them. I am going to try the Curly whip first I can usually tell with in 2 days how it's going to work with my hair so I will have updates for you soon. I will also post pictures. Let me know if you have any questions. afro
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 18th February 2010, 10:06 pm

Good deal! We'll be waiting to see the pictures.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Islander3906 18th February 2010, 10:23 pm

JRoshelle I'm waiting on the pictures too. dance
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 18th February 2010, 10:34 pm

Hi, Ladies! I got my BC at the Hair Rules salon and I bought a few items. I liked the shampoo and the curly whip is the truth. The conditioner was just okay for my hair.

I bc'd on 1/14/10 and I'm already a complete PJ- lol.

Anyway, HTH.
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 18th February 2010, 11:42 pm

Angeljoy was there anything you didnt like about it, or any tricks to using it. I bought the small bottle and I dont want to waste it, but I do want to get the best results cause this was the type of product i was looking for. I cant wait to use it!
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 12:04 am

So I used the Curly Whip today and I love it.

First what I didn't like is because it is recommended that you use it in the shower you end up using more water, and you can't see what your doing so I ended up using more than what I needed, because I applied more product to the same place (whoops) But I think next time I am just going to wet my hair and hop put the shower, apply the product and get back in. The only thing I cant seem to figure a way around is the dripping wet hair when you get out the shower. But I found that after I finished styling and adding my head band it stopped dripping. But if that's all I have to worry about I'm ok with that lol

What I loved was it's easy to apply, and perfect for wash and gos at least for twa's and shorter hair. I don't know if those with longer hair would want to use it because of the cost and the amount of product you might have to use. But I'd say get the small bottle and see how much you would have to use. I am planning on getting a bigger bottle. But I still need to check out the kinky Curl Cream first.

But I have soft defined curls, ALMOST as good a gel but with a softer look. As it says on the bottler what you see is what you get when it comes to styling your hair. I let my hair air dry, but it does say you are able to sit under a dryer to get your hair to dry faster. I love the scent and it was not over bearing but just enough so you can smell it. My hair isn't sticky or greasy nothing it's soft and moisturized. AMAZING In the long run it cut down on time for me because I was using a shingling type method with gel and my hair took for ever to dry.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload picts but I at least wanted to give you this much...

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 20th February 2010, 12:17 am

WOW! It turned out really good. It looks like you have a jeri curl and it looks like you didn't get a lot of shrinkage. When I use the kinky curly my curls are stiff, did your curls feel stiff?
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 12:24 am

BattleKat wrote:WOW! It turned out really good. It looks like you have a jeri curl and it looks like you didn't get a lot of shrinkage. When I use the kinky curly my curls are stiff, did your curls feel stiff?

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same product line, This one is hair rules and they have a Kinky Curling Cream (not KKC). But today I used the Curly Whip, and no my curls are very soft, it technically didn't give me any hold but definition, I'm not sure how to describe it. If I pull on my curls, they bounce right back with out losing the definition (nor do they get frizzy)

JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Islander3906 20th February 2010, 1:51 am

JRoshelle,

I like this. It looks good on you. I like the hair band as well. You are rocking that hair missy!!!!!!
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 20th February 2010, 4:38 am

okay, with styling you said what you see is what you get, as in no shrinkage or frizzing when dry???
your hair does look lovely, nice and defined, you have beautiful curls. i wish i could see a before picture to try to get an idea o how similar our textures are and if i can expect similar results, my hair is very fine in some spots and very coarse in others, silky and fluffy, 1/3 is 3b, 1/3 is 3c, the rest is 4a like its starts loose in the back and gradually transitions into the tighter curls as it moves toward the front of my head and the sides, sides and front are fluffiest and finest and can be difficult to define, but oddly has the least shrinkage!!!
cant wait to see the kinky curling cream results, that may be my best bet!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 2:48 pm

Islander3906 Thank you very much Laughing

lexibugg004: Correct, I love it. when it dried it dried exactly how it looked when it was wet, it gave the look of a soft hold gel, with out any crunch or stiffness. it wasn't frizzy or anything.

Oh and the 2nd day hair is nice too, I was going to just wear my 2nd day hair but my son decided i needed some banana in my hair so I had to wash it and I am going to get picts up soon.

this one is like 2 weeks ago, i just wanted to see my hair before i did anything to it... i know its rough lol

JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 20th February 2010, 6:41 pm

THANK YOU!!!!! i think i will definitely give the products a try!!! I really want an all in one type of product, i hate trying to find different thing to combine to achieve what i want; moisture, definition, minimal shrinkage!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 9:16 pm

No problem Lexibugg004. I tried the Kinky cream today and I got about the same results. I think because the Kinky cream has mineral oil in it I am going to stick with the Curly Whip. The Hold and the look are exactly the same. Only difference is it seems like the Kinky Cream dries a little faster (but that could be because I used to much yesterday). But I am going to get a bigger bottle asap. Just as a warning when you put it on because it is white you will be able to see the cream right after you apply it, but that was gone by the time i got dresses and that was about 20-30 minutes later. I'd go on the website and watch the how too video just so you dont waste any and i'd get a shower mirror too just to help you out Smile
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 20th February 2010, 10:20 pm

So now I have to try this. Like have to.

JRoshelle would you like to explain to my hubs why I need yet another hair product? Between yall and the folks on Ravelry I'm hurting :rofl
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 20th February 2010, 10:24 pm

Smiley fail. That post would have been really funny with it too.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 10:34 pm

@PaganWifey

Just tell him he'd rather you have a legal addiction.... lol joking, I know it's horrible I have been Natural for not even 2 months and i have spent so much on hair stuff... but i think in the end it's work it. because not only do i have healthier hair and I pay attention to what i put in my hair but it makes me pay attention to what goes on all of my body and inside it too. But really depending on the type of hold you want, which i'm sure is a natural looking hold with out the stiffness you wont need any other styling product (i should work for the company) I'm not sure how it works for twist outs and things like that but if it can make mu curls look like curls with out being hard i'm sure it will work for twist outs and things. But yes you can tell him i made you do it i'll take the blame LAMO
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by angeljoy 21st February 2010, 1:36 am

@JRoshelle - sorry for the delay - work had me down and out. Your results are AMAZING!!! I let my work friend borrow my bottle (we have a natural product swap going at my job). She ran home on her lunch break, wet her hair and raked the curly whip through and it looked so nice. I would have said the shower application was tough for me, too, but I loved the product.

Keep your product reviews and pics coming!
angeljoy
angeljoy

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 21st February 2010, 12:43 pm

@angeljoy: Thank you. What did you swap for, and how did you like it. Do you have any pict with you using the hair rules line? I'd love to see them!
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 22nd February 2010, 3:41 pm

angeljoy wrote:Hi, Ladies! I got my BC at the Hair Rules salon and I bought a few items. I liked the shampoo and the curly whip is the truth. The conditioner was just okay for my hair.

I bc'd on 1/14/10 and I'm already a complete PJ- lol.

Anyway, HTH.

Angeljoy,

Can you share a little more about your BC experience at the Hair Rules Salon? I have been contemplating making a trip to NY just to have my hair cut by Dickey. Is that who cut your hair? Also, what products from the line do you like?
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next