CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair Blowout

+21
aliariess
PaganWifey
raina
MsJay1121
poeticlyspkng
curly+kinky+fierce
new-naturalle
Curly Film Chick
Lynnieluve
specialk
PanaR3dd
My fro loves me
BajanPrincess82
Karyn
PyreFli42
d.denise
TerraD
KinkyKurls4Krystal
LadyMika
Muz
jlowman1
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Natural Hair Blowout - Page 2 Empty Re: Natural Hair Blowout

Post by PaganWifey 13th February 2010, 2:59 am

The smoke is why you don't put product in right before you blow dry or iron. You put it in, but not right before if that makes sense.

I want that roller set she gave that girl. It spoke to me. Lawd I'm supposed to go to Sally's tomorrow too. Sad
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th February 2010, 3:06 am

PaganWifey wrote:The smoke is why you don't put product in right before you blow dry or iron. You put it in, but not right before if that makes sense.

I want that roller set she gave that girl. It spoke to me. Lawd I'm supposed to go to Sally's tomorrow too. Sad

STEP AWAY FROM THE ROLLERS! Curb that product junkie! lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 13th February 2010, 3:30 am

I need to get a bowl and a brush......maybe I'll send my husband in the store for me.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by aliariess 13th February 2010, 11:58 am

i had a couple of blowouts b4 i knew they were called dominican blowouts. i would try to stretch out my relaxers. I have to say that the blowout did the trick, i would look like i had just gotten a perm and it'd actually be 2-3 months post. the only thing i hated was the blow drying, there was definitely smoke everywhere, and it was killer when she'd get at my roots with the blowdryer directly on my scalp. but the end result was always soft, light and bouncy hair. probably wouldn't do it now though.
aliariess
aliariess

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 13th February 2010, 3:32 pm

whether you visit a Dominican salon or a "regular" salon that offers blow outs, you have to understand that most customers want the their hair to be straight, stay straight, and to straighten easier with each blow out. we all know most people have issue with their curls and blowing it out it their solution. so i believe stylist "burn out" the curl intentionally, believing it is what the client wants!!! that's why if i want to blow out my hair i do it myself. i know how to protect my hair, keep it moisturized, prevent frizz and reversion, and i know how much heat i need and when to stop blow drying!!!!! i have not suffered any curl damage. i don't think the smoke is from product, because i use three different products when i blow out and my hair NEVER smokes. it is surely from something far more sinister along the lines of the moisture inside you strands rapidlyboiling and evaporating and frying you hair in the process. here is my blow out, i did my self. this is at the end of the day and i am i Seattle, a mere three blocks from the Puget Sound and my hair was bombarded by salty sea mist all day and night, without the slightest hint of frizz or reversion!!!! (everyone's probably seen it already, i think i have posted it before, in another thread)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by lexibugg004 on 13th February 2010, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by HisBeauty 13th February 2010, 9:12 pm

I'm a native New Yorker and I love going to the Dominican salons...even though there's a 300% markup here in the DC area (but, that's another story).

I've gone while I was relaxed, transitioned, and completely natural. Maybe it's my controlling nature, but I would never sit in a chair if my head was on fire and not say something. The amount of heat can be adjusted, and normally I'd just get my edges blown then have my hair wrapped. I've NEVER EVER had my hair flat ironed...that's just too much. I love the results, silky and smooth. It's not something I would do anymore on a regular basis, but every now and then it's fine. I suggest you let them know what you want up front, like you would at any salon.
HisBeauty
HisBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 14th February 2010, 10:36 pm

I've gone to Dominican salons and I really like the way my hair looks afterwards. My hair never smells burnt after I get it done. I don't go that often though. I usually go when I want to get my ends trimmed, because I don't like to trim my natural hair. I do worry that it will damage my hair. So that's why I don't go that often. They use a lot of heat, and it does hurt a bit.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 14th February 2010, 10:49 pm

OH! And one of the salons that I used to go to stopped doing my hair because they said that they do not do natural hair.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 14th February 2010, 11:13 pm

WOW!!!! That video brought back bad memories of my mommy pressing my hair with Blue Magic grease that was Green all that smoke and heat!! The end result is very pretty, but I don't think I could do that, my hair is too soft and I am afraid it will not revert back!! I have a friend who gets her natural hair blown out by Dominicans and she loves it, but she hast to keep getting it done or cut her ends in order to wear her hair curly. More power to the ladies who can take that...
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2