CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

only one side curls...help!

3 posters

Go down

only one side curls...help! Empty only one side curls...help!

Post by seria. 10th February 2010, 7:19 pm

Hi all. I've newly signed up to the page (even though I've been following for months now) and I need help. I will have been natural for 2 years come May this year. BUUUTT... Only half of my hair curls up Sad I wanted to go natural so I could wear my natural hair out, but I can't because it all doesn't look uniform. My front left half of my head will get wavy, while the rest legitly curls. I've been twisting it (I'm not sure of the correct lingo) like cornrows at night and taking it out and wearing it like that. I love that hair style and it works well for me, but I'd like to wear my natural curls...Is there any way I can make the other side curl? Naturally? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for sharing in advance.

-seria.

seria.

Back to top Go down

only one side curls...help! Empty Re: only one side curls...help!

Post by TerraD 10th February 2010, 11:02 pm

I have this problem, but I've had it since birth. My left side is 2c/3a. The rest of my head is 4a. I have to always set my hair with braids or twists to wear it out. A cool thing I noticed is that if you do cornrows on the non curling side, you can wear the other side out and no one will ever know why!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 11th February 2010, 12:35 am

my hair is like that too. one side of my hair is legit ringlets and the other side is waves. and then there are pieces in the front that have no curl pattern at all. I have been natural for 2 years as well and my FIRST time wearing my hair out was this weekend in miami...I didn't even have a choice. and I was shocked at how many compliments I got! We are often our own worse critics and if you find the right product that may be a little heavier you may be the only one that really notices the difference. Another tip may be to leave your hair wringing wet when you get out of the shower put some conditioner in it and DONT TOUCH IT. If I even so much as breathe on my wavy side, it gets straight. So I have to occupy my hands and get out of the mirror and leave it alone and it looks much better. I really wish my hair was uniform all the way out but I've just accepted it and now it just does whatever it wants to do lol.

but sideswept styles are your friend! and they are really cute on top of that! I just pin one side all the way over and let the curly side have a field day. I also wear banana clips which look great with messy curls.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down