CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all Curls for Target Users...

+5
AimWard
MsJay1121
TheRYL1
tashafawn24
CocaColaCutie
9 posters

Go down

Calling all Curls for Target Users... Empty Calling all Curls for Target Users...

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 3:37 pm

Anyone using the Curls for Target Line? I'm trying to find an ingredient list. Target.com was a bust and so was the Curls website. I'm most interested in the Coconut Curlada Conditioner, Creamy Curls Cleanser and Goddess Curl Gel.

Ingredients aside--anyone know the consistency of the Goddess Curl Gel? Is it watery or thicker like Kinky Curly? I need something THICK for my curls.

Thanks in advance for the help!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Calling all Curls for Target Users... Empty Re: Calling all Curls for Target Users...

Post by tashafawn24 5th May 2010, 2:00 am

Well, Cocacolacutie, I wanted to know about the Curls Goddess Glaze as well but what I've noticed is that the Curls line of products are different than what they are selling at Target. I am a bit leary of this because the quality could be different, the prices are much lower than what you would pay from their actual site (you get what you pay for I guess) which is a $4.00 difference.

If anyone decides to pick up any of the Curls line designed for Target let me know how it works; again, I'm a bit leary of touching it because I want to try the real thing before I try the much watered down version of their product before I say that the Curls line does or does not work for me.

Boy, I really want to try their Goddess Glaze from their site... *in due time PJ, in due time.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Calling all Curls for Target Users... Empty Re: Calling all Curls for Target Users...

Post by TheRYL1 5th May 2010, 6:06 am

Hey CocoColaCutie!

I picked up the Lavish Curls Moisturizer from Target. I haven't used it so far, but it claims to be a "2nd day hair refresher"...I had to check it out. ;-)

Regarding the ingredients, I checked the Curls website and there are differences. The basic ingredients are the same, such as glycerin, shea butter, jojoba oil, etc. What is missing are the "extras": pretty much extracts of different fruits (i.e. pomegranate, mango, etc.)...TashaFawn24...that's the $4.00 difference.

So I'd suggest checking the website to see if the changes will really make a difference to you.

I also found these products in the beauty supply by my house (woot, woot)...so I may give them a shot later on down the line!

HTH
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 5th May 2010, 2:44 pm

tashafawn24 wrote:Well, Cocacolacutie, I wanted to know about the Curls Goddess Glaze as well but what I've noticed is that the Curls line of products are different than what they are selling at Target. I am a bit leary of this because the quality could be different, the prices are much lower than what you would pay from their actual site (you get what you pay for I guess) which is a $4.00 difference.

If anyone decides to pick up any of the Curls line designed for Target let me know how it works; again, I'm a bit leary of touching it because I want to try the real thing before I try the much watered down version of their product before I say that the Curls line does or does not work for me.

Boy, I really want to try their Goddess Glaze from their site... *in due time PJ, in due time.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I want to try the goddess glaze in the professional line too. I just found out that MOMs (My Organic Market) carries Curls so I might snatch them up from there.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 5th May 2010, 2:48 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey CocoColaCutie!

I picked up the Lavish Curls Moisturizer from Target. I haven't used it so far, but it claims to be a "2nd day hair refresher"...I had to check it out. ;-)

Regarding the ingredients, I checked the Curls website and there are differences. The basic ingredients are the same, such as glycerin, shea butter, jojoba oil, etc. What is missing are the "extras": pretty much extracts of different fruits (i.e. pomegranate, mango, etc.)...TashaFawn24...that's the $4.00 difference.

So I'd suggest checking the website to see if the changes will really make a difference to you.

I also found these products in the beauty supply by my house (woot, woot)...so I may give them a shot later on down the line!

HTH

Oh that makes sense. I still want to see a full ingredient list before I
make up my mind. I'm jealous you found them at the beauty supply store!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 5th May 2010, 6:41 pm

I bought the shampoo, and I'm not sure I'll be repurchasing. Don't get me wrong, it's AMAZING, the main products are the same as the one she sells online. There was just one problem--the Curls for Target shampoo is SOOOOO watered down. After three uses my bottle is halfway done. I remember the 'poo online being much more thick in consistency, so I'd rather spend extra $ for something that will last longer....
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 5th May 2010, 6:56 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I bought the shampoo, and I'm not sure I'll be repurchasing. Don't get me wrong, it's AMAZING, the main products are the same as the one she sells online. There was just one problem--the Curls for Target shampoo is SOOOOO watered down. After three uses my bottle is halfway done. I remember the 'poo online being much more thick in consistency, so I'd rather spend extra $ for something that will last longer....

Half way done after only 3 uses. Yikes! I'm not feeling watered down products. My hair needs thick luscious products.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 5th May 2010, 7:02 pm

I've tried the Coconut Curlada and was not impressed. It smelled good, but that's about it. No slip at all and the moisture was only so-so. I actually think it would make a good co-wash condish (but who wants to pay $10 for a co-wash condish).

Coconut Curlada Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetearyl
Alcohol, polysorbate 60, coconut oil gardenia tahitensis flower extract,
ceritified organic arnica montana flower extract, certified organic
anthemis nobilis flower extract, methylheptyl isostearate, potassium
sorbate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl
glycol, fragrance
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by jo*jo*curls 6th May 2010, 10:03 pm

CocaColaCutie, I purchased the Goddess Curl Gel about two weeks ago and it is now in my bin of "product TRASH". It made my hair feel like some serious straw and I didn't even use that much. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had to wash my hair and DC in order for it to return to being soft. It may work for some, but for me it was a serious FAIL. I don't currently have the bottle around me, but when I do I will post the contents of the gel.
jo*jo*curls
jo*jo*curls

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th May 2010, 2:14 pm

@aimward thanks soooo much for listing the curlada ingredients. my hair normally likes the top 5 ingredients you posted, but if all it's good for is a cowash then i'll go ahead and try the professional line

@jojocurls sorry the goddess curl gel didn't work out for you. straw-like hair is NOT the business. I was hoping to add it to my wash n go arsenal, but that's not appealing. Now I'm really thinking I'm going to go with my first instinct to try the professional curls line. thanks for your input!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusfairie 12th May 2010, 11:47 pm

I bought the cleanser, conditioner, moisturizing spray, and the creme brule over the weekend from Target. So far, my hair is loving this stuff. I washed, conditioned, spot dried it with a t-shirt just so my hair wasn't dripping wet, sprayed on the moisturizer, and ran the creme brule through my hair. I twisted my hair in sections and sealed each twist with the shea moisture shea butter. I took my hair down this morning and it wasn't dry or over-greasy, which are my two huge problems with my hair. My hair stayed nice the entire day, no frizz, and no dryness.

I am going to try it all over again this weekend and see if my hair really likes it or if it was all just a fluke.
Lotusfairie
Lotusfairie

Back to top Go down

Calling all Curls for Target Users... Empty Ingredient List For Curls Creamy Curls Cleanser

Post by nia55522 26th September 2010, 10:46 pm

I just posted an ingrediant list along with my review on justblogginit.webs.com .Saving you some tome from reading my review.I didn't like it.I read a lot of reviews about it and they are really good.My expirences differed.I really disliked it.Sad

nia55522

http://justblogginit.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 30th September 2010, 1:25 pm

The thing with the product line is in order to get good results you have to use the 'whole' line so...you can't just buy one product and give it a bad review...they're meant to work together...I wish it wasn't like that but...sigh...SUCH IS LIFE...SO i recommend you try the whole line and then see how it works like lotusfairie did...
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down