CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Transition w/Pixie Cut

+11
JRoshelle
LadyMika
Offandrunning
mrsmackey
3rdTimeAround
Alicia
EagerCurler
Russianjoy
BlondeByDesire
Ameenah
Sunshyne
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Transition w/Pixie Cut - Page 2 Empty Re: New Transition w/Pixie Cut

Post by 3rdTimeAround 28th February 2010, 8:09 pm

I am no longer "transitioning"...
Last week I pretty much came to terms with BCing over Spring Break. Once I made the decision I just kept thinking "why am I waiting?" I wanted to have it done at natural salon but due to my schedule that wasn't going to happen until 3/12. This morning I was on a mission to get my hair cut. Thank you Visible Changes for being open on Sunday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now it did look a little better after the stylist did it...I couldn't wait to get home and start playing with it...the center portion is very straight unlike the rest of my head so I'll need to figure out what to do with it.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th February 2010, 8:54 pm

@thirdtimearound - your hair looking great - congratulations
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 28th February 2010, 10:33 pm

@BBD thanks so much
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia 1st March 2010, 10:38 pm

@thirdtimearound your hair looks great. I did a mini BC last week, I washed my hair and saw this perm on the top and natural on the sides and back and just got the scissors and just started cutting the top and it looks so much better. I have just been doing a wash and wear which has been working good for me. I plan to cut the remaining perm off around May or June that's if I don't get tired of it before then, I really don't have that much perm left on the top.
Alicia
Alicia

Back to top Go down

Post by Blex 4th March 2010, 1:15 am

OMG!! We are having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM! My last relaxer was end of Dec 09 and my plan is to BC in Aug but because my hair is short on the sides and back it's kind of hard to do many things. I tried some bantu knots and that worked the best for me. I'm not good with braiding so the top of my hair is the only part i can braid! Right now i have some sew-ins but im not used of having weave and i must say....I DO NOT LIKE IT. I am actually taking them out tomorrow. I am going to experiment this weekend with shea butter and coconut oil. Hopefully, it turns out well! Neutral
Blex
Blex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia 4th March 2010, 10:35 pm

Well I co-washed last night and again grabbed the scissors and started chopping. I have about an inch of perm left on the top, I am too scared to cut the rest. I have about an inch and half of new growth and I am still doing the wash and go. But I am having a problem with dryness, I am trying everything suggested, I think I may be using too many products. I still have to figure out what works on my hair.
Alicia
Alicia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia 7th March 2010, 5:01 pm

@ thirdtimearound, I have joined you, I am no longer transitioning [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I did the BC this morning. After I washed my hair I look at the beautiful natural curls on the sides and back and still had about an inch and half of perm on the top. I stood there in the mirror and kept asking myself why am I holding onto this little piece of perm. So I grabbed the scissor's and off they went. At first I thought I would BC in May or June but it just became to hard with the 2 textures. I feel so much better and it seems like my hair is really growing now. I am still experimenting with products to see what works best with my hair. I realize my hair does not handle a lot of products, I couldn't put a lot of products in my hair when it was permed and am finding out that natural I still can't. I hope to nail it down to 3-4 products and that's it. I am still fighting dryness so any advise on that end would help. i will take some pictures and post.
Alicia
Alicia

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 7th March 2010, 9:28 pm

Woooowwwww!!!! So again I've missed soooo much... Ive been busy with school and work!! But Im soooooo excited you guys BC'd and I'm uber jealous!!!! @ BlondbyDesire awesome texture!!!!!!!

Ok @ Alicia Im sooooo wishing I could do mine!!! Ur hair is going to grow like weeds.... Oh sooo a lot of people have been talking about castor oil. I know its heavier than extra virgin olive oil...thats what i use and dont have much dryness. But u should try castor oil maybe u'll have better luck!!! N oh where are the pics????

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 12th March 2010, 12:01 am

CONGRATS ladies! I too have been just busy busy busy!

My kinky twists are growing out like its nobody's business! I'm excited! I'm still shooting for May 26th!

Hang in there ladies, and again congrats to the newly BCed!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

New Transition w/Pixie Cut - Page 2 Empty Home sweet home!

Post by Karameldiva1978 12th March 2010, 3:33 am

It looks like I've found a place for me! I too have the Rihanna/Halle like pixie cut that is longer on top than the sides and back. I got my last relaxer in January all over, but 3 weeks ago relaxed the back and sides. My stylist's suggestion is to grow out the longer lengths for a while and then tackle the tapered areas since they will take longer to get any length. However, after reading you all's post, I think I'm just going to use other products and my hair dryer to lay down the tapered areas and go from there. I too work in Corporate America, a branch mgr of a community bank so I am really needing to keep it professional. Also, I am not a fan of the afro, although I can't wait for some length to have BIG, wavy hair. I am transitioning after deciding no more relaxers for my 7 y/o daughter. We have all the natural products and mommy is rockin perm rods on the longer lengths and dd has cornrows.

My personal goal to BC is Labor Day weekend. Right now, I'm on a serious kick for growth aids, MN/Sulphur 8, Ayurvedic natural methods, you name it! I would love to get this ball rollin' ladies. Thanks for your support.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 12th March 2010, 3:58 pm

I had a short cut while in transition and at first it was ok, but then it got frustrating. I got tired of flat ironing my new growth so I installed a sew-in. After that I got micros...but I could no longer wait and I just cut it off after the braids were out and I did one last flat iron lol
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayelyn 26th May 2010, 2:59 pm

This is my first post on a Curly Nikki forum, but I had my last relaxer 7 weeks ago (I usually get one every 5 weeks) and my hair is a short pixie like Halle's, seems shorter then Rihanna's. Right now my edges are super thin from relaxing and breakage so I don't think braids are an option for me. I also workout alot and am having trouble already maintaining my weekly flat ironing. I would like to try a transition style like a coil out or small perm rod set and give myself a little time before a BC, but I can't seem to find any pictures of people with pixie/shorter haircuts doing these styles. Can someone post some or give some suggestions...I'm afraid I will lose my nerve and relax soon without guidance....

Kayelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 26th May 2010, 4:44 pm

Don't get frustrated Kayelyn. I am almost 4 months into my transition and it is frustrating...but that's what makes it great! My picture to to the left (I couldn't figure out how to upload lol) is of me with rods. It last for a long time and most importantly easy to manage!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayelyn 26th May 2010, 4:50 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! Its nice to see someone 4 months in from a similar hair length/style. I am going to try tonight to do either a set on small perm rods, or just try to do a coil out. I have a hair appointment just in case tomorrow night in the event it does not go well ( I have plans so I will need a quick fix), but I am resolved I won't succumb to the creamy crack!

Kayelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 26th May 2010, 4:54 pm

Glad I could help! And yes, ALWAYS have a backup appointment! lol...I know I do!
Good Luck and remember--Just Say NO! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayelyn 26th May 2010, 5:06 pm

Also I meant to say I really like your rod set!

Kayelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 31st May 2010, 10:08 am

Thanks!

BTW: I just got my first sew-in yesterday and I am in love!!!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2