CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone tried Organic root stimulater lock and twist gel for a twist out?

+21
Kimmie0810
deeply_rooted_chick
BattleKat
JerseyGyrl
happy2bcurly
maralyn45
Humblebug
Hazelbabe
LadyV69
jaybella
MomnWife
WhosThatRedHead
CurlyChefRobin
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
Happy2B
Muz
Lynnieluve
NikG20
marquila2007
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone tried Organic root stimulater lock and twist gel for a twist out? Empty Anyone tried Organic root stimulater lock and twist gel for a twist out?

Post by marquila2007 9th February 2010, 10:26 pm

Does it have good hold and is this product curly girl friendly? How did you like this product for your twist out? Thanks

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried Organic root stimulater lock and twist gel for a twist out? Empty Re: Anyone tried Organic root stimulater lock and twist gel for a twist out?

Post by NikG20 9th February 2010, 10:31 pm

I'm pretty sure I used that product when I did my DD's 3 strand twist out, great results. ORS Lock & twist gel has great hold, in my opinion. I usually use it when I do cornrows and things like that. A little goes a long way.

I don't know much about the curly girl method, so I'm not sure if it's CG friendly.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried Organic root stimulater lock and twist gel for a twist out? Empty Re: Anyone tried Organic root stimulater lock and twist gel for a twist out?

Post by Lynnieluve 9th February 2010, 10:48 pm

I dont believe it is CG friendly but I love the results I get when I use it. As NikG said, a little goes a long way. I was a little heavy handed this last time I used it and my twist are kinda hard but I have been using my homemade spritz and they are soften up. Here is a pic of my two strand twist using ORS Lock and Twist Gel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 9th February 2010, 11:30 pm

I'm still transitioning, and I've used it for twists and that stuff is great, it even held my relaxed hair together without me having to put something on the ends. My mom only wears twists on her all natural hair, and she uses it too.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 9th February 2010, 11:45 pm

I have the best twist out results with ORS Lock & Twist. I've tried a few other products but don't get the same results. There was another forum about this product, I'm looking for the link now.

Here are two pictures of my one of my twist outs.

Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by marquila2007 9th February 2010, 11:55 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing Smile

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 10th February 2010, 12:28 am

The twistout in my avatar is an ORS twistout... I love it!!! But like everyone has said, don't be heavy handed.... I do get slight buildup when I use too much....
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th February 2010, 3:01 am

Here's the ingredients to the Lock and Twist Gel:

WATER, COCONUT MILK (COCOS NUCIFERA EXTRACT), SOYBEAN OIL (GLYCINE SOJA), PVP, POLYQUATERNIUM 37, PROPYL PARABEN, METHYL PARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, FRAGRANCE, SUCROSE

I'm not a curly chemist, so I don't know what's bad for curlies. But I do see parabens which may cause cancer.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 26th July 2010, 8:06 pm

I just bought some. I hope it works. I wanted some KCCC but my budget will not allow for $30. The cancer thing made me sad J-n-B. I may have to only use it this time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th July 2010, 1:50 am

I use this gel for my finger coils and I really like it.

Cancer JnB??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I really liked this for my coils....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 27th July 2010, 5:42 am

I use it and love it for my twists and twist outs.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 27th July 2010, 10:12 am

I have an old bottle that is nearly full. I have been wanting to try it out, but every time I use it I end up with little white balls in my hair from where I put my moisturizer on. I think I am going to have to try it when my hair isn't wet or at least when it is still damp. Other than that I love the texture it provides.
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 27th July 2010, 11:54 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I dont believe it is CG friendly [...]

It's definitely CG-friendly. It contains no 'cones (not even water-soluble ones) or sulfates, and the polyquat shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I get great hold and good twist-outs with the ORS Lock & Twist gel, but I'm still on the prowl for a new twisting product, since gels leave my hair perpetually hard and things like shea butter mixes don't have nearly enough hold.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 27th July 2010, 5:35 pm

I use it frequently. It does have parabens, which some believe casues cancer, but no mineral oil, petroleum or cones. Like others have said, try not to be too heavy handed or you could end up with stiff hair. Otherwise, it's good and it doesn't leave your greasy neither does it just sit on top on your hair.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 27th July 2010, 6:09 pm

I love this product. I need to buy some more because I've been using other stuff for my twist and nothing is the same. When I was using this, I would wear my twist for a week and them take them out for a twist out.
The thing about parabens causing cancer, really doesn't make any sense unless you are putting it directly on the scalp.
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Humblebug 27th July 2010, 8:31 pm

I use it for locking, braiding, twist outs...
I'm actually using it right now for finger coils.

It works well for me, and beside shea butter during the winter, this sis the only product i use to hold, add shine and define.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by maralyn45 3rd November 2010, 4:18 am

Just no idea...sorry..

maralyn45

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 7th November 2010, 9:59 pm

I use it for my twistouts . Its not so drying if you mix it with oils but a little bit goes a long way. I'm trying to find something different cause it is drying but I looove the definition it gives. I've been thinking about trying the ORS smooth and hold pudding. I hear that it works for twists. Has anyone tried it yet?
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 10th November 2010, 12:10 am

i sometimes use the lock & twist gel when i want a 3-4 day twist out. After co washing, i use yes to carrots as a leave in, slather on some coconut oil and twist the ORS. the oil helps keep it from being xtra crunchy. You will have good hold. at least i do. try it, you might like it.
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 10th November 2010, 1:29 am

I use it and my twist outs look great but my hair looks so dry. I want to try something else. @happy2bcurly if you try the smooth hold pudding let me know if it worked for you.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 10th November 2010, 8:48 am

deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 11th November 2010, 1:59 am

I just bought this and the smooth n hold pudding. I like them both. My hair acts a DONKEY when I try to do twist outs so I'm going to try on a braidout & see what kind of definition I get. It's not the product, it's my hair!

I parted my hair down the middle & used a different product on each side. Both sides were soft & shiny. No flakey build up either. I was able to get 7day hair which NEVER happens b/c I co-wash almost daily. But I'd just do chunky twists or plaits at night & my hair would bounce back the next day.

The smooth n hold pudding does have mineral oil but that doesn't bother my hair in moderation.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 12th November 2010, 2:26 am

The lock n twist leave my hair dull there is no shine to it so I was wonder if the smooth n hold pudding gives you any shine or lust.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 13th November 2010, 12:32 pm

BattleKat wrote:The lock n twist leave my hair dull there is no shine to it so I was wonder if the smooth n hold pudding gives you any shine or lust.

I have tried the smooth and hold pudding, it leaves hair somewhat soft and moisturized, as far as twists, it really doesn't have any type of hold to it. I have used it for days that I'm wearing a fro with a headband or something like that..
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 13th November 2010, 1:11 pm

BattleKat wrote:The lock n twist leave my hair dull there is no shine to it so I was wonder if the smooth n hold pudding gives you any shine or lust.

I must admit when I twist with the twist and lock gel my hair has lots of shine. Now I haven't tried a fro or wash and go with with but I think for twisting with an oil underneath it gives pretty good shine.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next