CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organic RS Products

+14
naturalmommyGA
lovesunshine17
CurlsGalore
LaToya28
Ameenah
SimplyShainee
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Pretty_Curlista
curly+kinky+fierce
LadyMika
marquila2007
LilMsPuddles
Pinkrage
Tamren
18 posters

Go down

Organic RS Products Empty Organic RS Products

Post by Tamren 16th December 2009, 9:07 pm

Okay..I'm new to this thing about different products. My co-worker (who has been natural for 5 years) suggested that I use organic root stimulator shampoo and conditioner. Now, I am trying to curb my PJ tendencies but I wanted to know if anyone has used it? Also, what do you think about it..is it worth buying?
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Organic RS Products Empty Re: Organic RS Products

Post by Pinkrage 18th December 2009, 4:19 am

Hi Tamren,

I use both. I LOVE THEM! My hair is thick and the shampoo and conditioner is thick so I don't feel like I have to use a lot of it. I only shampoo once then I co-wash with ORS conditioner (I rinse it out). I have even used the conditioner as a DC. It's cheap and definitely worth the purchase.

I have been alternating between HE-Hydralicous and ORS for my co-washes.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 18th December 2009, 10:57 am

Thx!! Smile
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 18th December 2009, 11:37 am

I used to use their products. I recommend the shampoo and hair mayo w/ the optional extra egg, they make the hair so manageable and feeling truly conditioned. I have used some of the other products too but none of them were good to me other than those two.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by marquila2007 9th February 2010, 11:36 pm

I dont like the shampoo and hair mayo because they both contain sulfates which was very drying to my hair.

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th February 2010, 12:15 pm

I like the Replenshing Conditioner--it makes a GREAT weekly deep conditioner for me. My hair feels fantastic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 11th February 2010, 2:57 pm

I have stopped using the shampoo since I have found KBB shampoo to be more moisturizing. I will try to use up what I have left but I won't repurchase. I mainly wash with when I use MJ products.

I still use the conditioner. Although I haven't used it in a while since I was giving my other conditioners a chance.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 12th February 2010, 7:11 pm

I used to use the shampoo and the conditoner...they served the purpose..i do like the conditioner...i have stopped tho since ive found other things...

But why i did revisit and am now IN LOVE WITH is their olive oil hair lotion..!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Curlista 22nd February 2010, 4:18 pm

I use the Replenishing Conditioner for co-washes, I LOVE IT! It makes my hair so soft and fluffy, also helps to detangle my permed ends since Im still transitioning.
Pretty_Curlista
Pretty_Curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 22nd February 2010, 9:58 pm

I too have the shampoo & replenishing condish(great Deep condish) from transitioning days...I also have the Lock & Twist gel...love....im just going to use up the poo...not repurchase it...dont love the sulfates....
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyShainee 13th March 2010, 5:30 pm

Can someone please list the ingredients to ORS Replinishing Cond. I don't have it anymore and just wanted to see the type of silicones and surfacants are in it.

SimplyShainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 13th March 2010, 9:47 pm

I tried the replenishing pack once on my daughter's hair I didn't really see a difference I do use the hair mayo in her hair and it works great
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 15th March 2010, 10:26 am

Here are the ingredients for the Replenishing pak...I assume the on in the bottle has the same ingredients.

Water Aqua , Soybean Oil Glycine Soja , Glycerine , Olive Oil Olea Europaea , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin , Amino Silk Acid , Dimethicone Copolyol , Orange Oil Citrus Aupantium Dulcis , D’Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5 , Dimethicone , EDTA , Chamomile Extract Anthemis Nobilis , Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel Aloe Barbedensis , Yarrow Extract Achilea Millefolium , Kiwi Extract Actinidia Chinensis , Polyquaternium-37 , Trideceth-7 , Triethanolamine , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone , Yellow No. 6 CI 15985 , Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 16th March 2010, 1:31 pm

I used it once and really was not impressed. I really didn't like the smell, and it made my hair feel a little hard. No plans on going back to it.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 17th March 2010, 8:07 pm

I've used the conditioner a few times, once to detangle and the other times as a DC. I love the smell and its one of my favorite conditioners but I'm not a fan of the ingredients. My hair feels super soft after DCing with the conditioner. I just used my last replenishing pack and I probably won't repurchase for a while because I have some other all-natural conditioners that I want to try out.
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 18th March 2010, 2:29 pm

I have and currently use the ORS products. I haven't used the conditioner in awhile however I use the lock and twist gel for my twists. It provides a good hold, but it's not hard. Also, I was in the Walgreen's the other day and saw they have a hair pudding product now. I wanted to buy it..so bad, but I am trying to use up most of products that have now.
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyShainee 19th March 2010, 8:18 pm

@LaToya thank you for listing the ingredients for me Wink

SimplyShainee

Back to top Go down

Organic RS Products Empty Organic Root Stimulator - Carrot Oil review

Post by MissCrys 25th August 2010, 3:56 pm

I am actually really thrilled to have stumbled on your post because I have been using ORS for quite some time now (5 months) and I kinda like the results. The Creamy Aloe Shampoo leaves my hair EXTREMELY dry and the conditioner works just fine though. However I would really like to get some feedback on their CARROT OIL, I've been using it but it makes my hair super oily which I hate do you guys have any suggestions preferably within the ORS family since I've already been with them for some time. Thanks

MissCrys

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th August 2010, 10:32 pm

I haven't tried the shampoo because I'm happy with my Pantene Natural/Relaxed for now, but I use quite a few of the other products.

I use the Replenishing Conditioner for deep conditioning and the Hair Mayo w/ an egg also for deep conditioning. I won't be repurchasing the Mayo since I'm in love with the Replenishing Cond. and like the tangy scent of it. I hated the Mayo smell. (They sell it in the bottle also which is more economical than the paks especially for short hair.) The Replenishing Cond. leaves my hair soft and shiny. I never thought about cowashing with it. Maybe I'll give it a try also since it's not that expensive.

I have the Lock and Twist Gel, but haven't used it since I BCed because I don't have enough hair to twist, but I'll be trying it once it grows. We'll see. Loved it when I was transitioning. Held like a champ. No flakes, no problems.

I also use the Nature's Shine almost everyday. Awesome stuff. I can't remember who on the board recommended it, but I'm so glad they did. I spray my little ones hair with it also.

Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 27th August 2010, 12:14 am

I use the Nature's Shine for my twists and I love it. I just purchased a replenishing cond. packet. I am looking for a DC and I wanted to try it since love the nature's shine. Also somewhere in this form is a website where you can order samples of ORS for a $1 a piece. I think the post is free stuff.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th August 2010, 1:12 am

@BattleKat - You have an amazing smile. Is your hair in twist in the pic? Maybe mine isn't too short to twist. It looks cute.

That Nature's Shine is really top notch stuff. It's on my short list of the five best products I've tried and I'm becoming quite a PJ so that's saying alot.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 28th August 2010, 12:20 am

@Renny Thank you. In the picture I had tried to do twist and this is a twist out. No your hair is not too short to do twists. I think I started with 3 inches of hair.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 31st August 2010, 6:50 pm

Replenishing Pak Conditioner: Love it, it's my staple DC!

Creamy Aloe Shampoo: I use it once or twice a month (diluted) for clarifying.

Lock & Twist Gel: Not sure how I feel about this one...I haven't used it much.
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down