CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mz. Thang

+24
sunbaby
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
jcanalena79
NubieNatty
LaToya28
Shauny
missmoriah
ChrsLvsBks
naturalkitty'10
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
Intelligentbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
StephanieB
sweetdrk1
Mz. Thang
28 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mz. Thang - Page 3 Empty Re: Mz. Thang

Post by bholmes87 21st February 2010, 4:41 pm

Hey girlie!! I just tried the cinnamon treatment last night too! lol I just love chisellecouture's channel and I want to try all the styles she has on there Smile
I can kind of tell a slight color difference already so I'm definitely gonna keep on doing it, probably twice a month. And it didn't take long at all to wash it out of my hair. I did add a little squirt of honey to my conditioner and cinnamon though ... My mixture was actually conditioner, cinnamon, extra virgin olive oil and honey because I read online that honey lightens your hair too and the olive oil just helps to activate the lightening qualities of cinnamon and honey! But when she said it took her 2 hours to rinse out I was reconsidering doing it at all!! lol but it only took a few minutes, at least for me. I hope you try it because I wanna see results on a lot people's hair before I actually believe that it works.
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 23rd February 2010, 1:51 am

Ok I can't believe that I am already at three pages it seems like I just did my first post yesterday. So in hair news I did the cinnamon treatment yesterday. My mix was cinnamon and Organix vanilla Bean cond. And I kid you not my hair smelled like a cinna-bun. So I left it in for seven hrs and I was so anxious to wash it out to see the results. Soooo....I'm not quite sure if i notice any major difference i think maybe it may have enhanced the red highlights that I already had. Not enough to really say exactly but I will say this I was still finding specks of cinnamon this morning. I know it's a gradual process but I'm not sure if I will try it again.

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0621

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0622

this is also pics of how i wore my hair yesterday and today.

Last edited by Mz. Thang on 23rd February 2010, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 23rd February 2010, 3:19 am

Wow, i am seriously lovin ur hair! Its beautiful and i love all the different styles that youve doneMz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 23rd February 2010, 11:26 pm

Thanks Cherry I love your hair and your color,,,,i wish i would have been natural at your age.

I really have been having major frizz action but I know my hair will do what it wants so no fuss. I want to try a flat twist out this week but I feel like it isn't gonna be good with my frizz action right now. I've been really stressing about getting my school stuff together cause I am trying to go back so my hair has been on the back burner. But it works cause I feel like she wants to be left alone thats why she frizzy. So I have just been misting it in the morning with my leave-in and pulling it back.

Hope you all are having a good week so far....Natural beauty is the best no matter how you look at it because it's you. Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 24th February 2010, 4:26 am

your vday weekend hair - to die for! your hair is crazy beautiful chic so thick and shiny.

and i lost my ipod touch a year ago :-( I keep thinking its going to "pop up" in my apartment somewhere even though I have moved and cleaned my apartment from top to bottom! lol I loved it though...i'm buying another one at some point..as soon as I get over the denial I'm facing about it coming back lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th February 2010, 8:48 am

Your hair is down right beautiful. drunken

Like the weekend pony style...really cute!!

I'm curious...how long does it take your hair to dry?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 24th February 2010, 10:03 pm

Thanks d.denise and knh for the compliments
I would definitely go crazy if I lost my iPod lol and @ knh soaking wet air dry completely 4 ever but it will still be damp inside at the end of the day and that is the main reason I can't do half of the styles I would like to do. I totally need to get a hair dryer.

In hair news nothing spectacular I wore a huge bun with a flower on the side. Made me kinda feel like old Hollywood Wink I will post pics later hope everyone had a good day...cause I'm definitely glad mines is over time 4 some serious relaxing.

I enjoy being free....free to be me.

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0623

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0624

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0625

Last edited by Mz. Thang on 25th February 2010, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th February 2010, 10:06 pm

your hair is beautious!!! D.denise I just replaced the ipod touch I dropped in the toilet!! So trust me I hope it appears!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th February 2010, 2:38 pm

Your hair is gorgeous. As my stylist says you have "Goo-Gobs of hair"
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 25th February 2010, 9:26 pm

Thanks Sweet Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_smile

@Shee thanks and yeah I know that is one of the reasons I can't go get my hair done professionally cause the prices go up when they see my hair Mz. Thang - Page 3 Lol .

Today I didn't do anything but rocked a messy bun and threw a headband on. I'm flaring up again so I really wasn't in a hair mood so I took the easy road. Tonite I am going to co-wash with HE TT and try to put in som flat twist to do a t/o for tomorrow nite. This will be my first time trying it without my hair being already in twist( crossing fingers). It's my mother's B-day so she wants me to go to a party with her and my aunt. Okay question ladies how do I get my bnb link in my signature to post every time I post?

Hope you all had a better day than me I was a little sassy today but I'm just ready for this week to be over.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 26th February 2010, 12:02 am

Wow, I especially love the style you did with your twists still in. Most of the time I dod my twists I leave them it for a couple of days because I don't always have the patience to take them out, lol. btw, I read your comment on my B-n-B journey post and you're right, we do have similar stories. Laughing
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2010, 12:12 am

Cute Bun!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 1:19 am

Mz. Thang wrote:Thanks Cherry I love your hair and your color,,,,i wish i would have been natural at your age.
Sorry it took so long to respond but hee thanks and lol everyones saying that. I wish i went natural when my sister did like 2 years ago but i didnt think of it then. Oh! and i love the bun, especially with the flower, really cute! Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th February 2010, 3:07 am

CUTE BUN!!! Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 3:23 am

Mz. Thang wrote:Okay question ladies how do I get my bnb link in my signature to post every time I post?

When you click profile, signature is the third tab and i just pasted my link there. Idk if thats the right place to put it but hay it looks pretty much right. . . Wait, isnt "*cuz i can*" ur signature? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th February 2010, 3:05 pm

Mz. Thang wrote:Thanks Sweet Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_smile

@Shee thanks and yeah I know that is one of the reasons I can't go get my hair done professionally cause the prices go up when they see my hair Mz. Thang - Page 3 Lol .

Today I didn't do anything but rocked a messy bun and threw a headband on. I'm flaring up again so I really wasn't in a hair mood so I took the easy road. Tonite I am going to co-wash with HE TT and try to put in som flat twist to do a t/o for tomorrow nite. This will be my first time trying it without my hair being already in twist( crossing fingers). It's my mother's B-day so she wants me to go to a party with her and my aunt. Okay question ladies how do I get my bnb link in my signature to post every time I post?

Hope you all had a better day than me I was a little sassy today but I'm just ready for this week to be over.

Well next time I'm in St. Louis I promise I will do your hair. I can do twists and coils. Anything above that is out of my league..lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th February 2010, 2:16 am

Hi there and welcome! I love your styles, very cute. As for the ponytail look, is it made from three ponies--I want to try that one.

I love my iPod Touch also, aren't they the best?!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 28th February 2010, 5:27 pm

Thanks Ladies(NK '10, Lynnie,cherry, IB)

@Shee just let me know when you stop through.

@Chrs yes it's just three of the sm goodie bands that I think I bought at BBS nothin fancy.

So in hair news Thursday night I co washed my hair with HE TT sectioned it into four twist and plopped for maybe 30mins. I decided I was going to try to put three big flat twist going to the back. So this was the first time I attempted to flat twist with my hair out not in twist. The two side ones wasn't that bad but once I got to the middle let's just say I struggled Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_pale . So since this is where most of my thickness is it was very hard so.....I put in six big two strand twist and then twisted those up in to a flat twist. So I sprayed it with some of my leave-in and tied it down.

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0626

This is how I wore it to work Friday. Accessory is an old necklace that I haven't wore in ages and decided to make it in to a hair tie. So I sprayed it again and left the scarf on until I got to work. I figured I could just take it down and rock it for my mom's BDay get together. Well wrong when I took it down it look a HAM. So I played with and tried to make it work but when I looked at the time it was 9:00 so I didn't want to make everyone else late so I just told them to go ahead with out me. But I wasn't the only one having technical difficulties so they ended up not going anywhere Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_cry. I felt bad for my mom cause she has had a bad time for a couple yrs so I have really been trying to let her see that life is not all bad. (sorry for rambling)

So saturday my sister and I went to see a dance performance at UMSL.(loved it) Watching it totally makes me miss dancing and I totally wish I would have stayed in it but I plan on changing that.
I rocked a puff for saturday nothing fancy.

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0627

Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0629

So I hope all you ladies had a great weekend.
*Enjoy Life to the Fullest in whatever way you see fit.*
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 1st March 2010, 10:18 pm

I'm soooo tired today but nothing new on the hair front. I just wore a bun today didn't really have the energy 4 anything else.

Nite ladies I'm definitely gonna turn in 4 the nite
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 3rd March 2010, 9:45 pm

Ok as this week goes on it is getting more stressful. Yesterday we had an office meeting about how the practice isn't doing so well with all the cuts in healthcare and if we don't find a way to fix it soon there will be pay cuts across the board. So now everyone is on edge. Now even though I live with my dad I have bills like nobody's business and really can't afford a pay cut. So I have that and waiting to hear back from the schools I applied to stressing me out big time.
Sorry for rambling but I needed to vent a little.

In hair news I have been still rocking a bun but today I did it a little different. I put my hair in two pony tails and took the bottom one into two twist and wrapped it around the top. Put the top in one twist and pin. I haven't really perfected the back shot yet but will try to get a decent pic to show.

Mucho Love~n~peace ladies
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th March 2010, 12:27 pm

That bun sounds cute. I will be patiently waiting for a pic.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th March 2010, 1:33 pm

Hey Mz Thang I dont think i have been by your post yet but im gonna read around Wink if you dont mind. And by the way your avatar is GORGEOUS Wink
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 1:38 pm

tiashauntee wrote:That bun sounds cute. I will be patiently waiting for a pic.

^^What she said!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th March 2010, 4:41 pm

Don't stress just make a plan and trust God to work it out. You could always go into modeling. Have you seen yourself? lol You and your hair are gorgeous.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 9th March 2010, 9:43 pm

@Shee thanks and if I wasn't all but 5'even and 5'1" on a good day I would actually think that over lol

@MMC thanks for stoping thru and the compliments

Ok I know I have been totally MIA for a while but I have been swamped with drama coming from all angles but I won't dwell. I'm moving on....

In hair news as you all know I have been rocking a lot of buns lately and just finger comb lately...BIIIIIG mistake I have too much hair to just prolong detangling my hair when its out. So last nite I tried to do a BnC since I always fail at the TnC. So as I was detangling I found these horrible matted pieces thru out that felt like dreads.... Mz. Thang - Page 3 Icon_redface nothing against them but these were proof of how neglectful I was being to my hair. I just grabbed my spray bottle and went to work. I ended up with roughly about 15-20 braids. This morning when I woke up I hit my hair with the blow dryer on low heat cause even though my hair wasn't soaked just damp during styling I still felt it was best. After maybe 5-10mins of blow drying I took down and guess what.....hair still was damp soooooo this is what I came up with
Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0633
Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0634
Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0635

@Tia and Lynne I know its sooo late I apologize but here is the bun not a good pic but still working on my back shots
Mz. Thang - Page 3 100_0636

Hope all is well with everyone Mz. Thang - Page 3 Herz
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next