CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mz. Thang

+24
sunbaby
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
jcanalena79
NubieNatty
LaToya28
Shauny
missmoriah
ChrsLvsBks
naturalkitty'10
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
MsJay1121
Intelligentbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
StephanieB
sweetdrk1
Mz. Thang
28 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mz. Thang Empty Mz. Thang

Post by Mz. Thang 9th February 2010, 4:35 pm

Ok after being a big time lurker of this contest I have finally deciced to just go head and do it.(Thanks Oooops)

I have always been known as the black girl with long hair as far back as I can remember. My mom used to tell me how ppl would stop her and ask was I mixed with something but really who isn't IMO? No I am not biracial but do have quite a few things in my whole make-up. So up until I was about 11 yrs old I was natural rocked plaits, cornrows, and braids. I idealized my mom so I begged her to let me get a relaxer and wear my hair down(straight) just like her's. Of course intially she told me no but I wouldn't give up(I wanted to be just like her). So right when I was about to graduate grade school she gave me my first relaxer. My hair was so thick the relaxer actually benefit my mom as well (my hair was easier to handle). My hair reached all the way to MBL and ppl continued to stop me and give me praise for my hair. My mom always did my hair and everything stayed fine until senior yr in highschool. I was bored with my black hair and decided to dye it honey blonde(big mistake). Slowly but surely my hair started breaking and I refused to cut it cause my hair was my pride and joy. I felt like that it was the only thing that made me special. So I stopped dying my hair help a little but I wasn't able to get it to grow to how it used to be. So after going threw a very big break up with my then fiance'(first) Jan. 2007. I decided to start anew completely cut of my damaged hair into supposed to be rihanna inspired cut(not). After the bad cut I started transitioning but didn't know it at the time. That summer got some micro braids for 3 months and after that cut off the rest of the damaged hair saw my curls and it was love at first sight. Mz. Thang Lol But I had no idea what to do with it so I was frustrated quite a few times and my mom was no help she would say this is your thing so you have to figure it out. So my baby brother is natural as well (gorgeous curls) so I used some Cantu Leave-in that she was using on him and became the Wash`n`go queen. I rocked fro-hawks and puff for majority of my first year and half. I had my hair twisted twice but never liked it. It wasn't until I found CN that the world of Naturals opened up my eyes, so now I'm on the journey of finding out what my curls like, dislike, and just down-right can't stand.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Mz. Thang Empty Re: Mz. Thang

Post by sweetdrk1 9th February 2010, 4:37 pm

I love your story!! Welcome to the family!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 9th February 2010, 4:56 pm

Welcome! I look forward to reading your posts!

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 9th February 2010, 5:03 pm

welcome!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th February 2010, 6:59 pm

Welcome to the Challenge!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 9th February 2010, 7:40 pm

Hi and welcome to the challenge! I just started yesterday and I love your story!! I can't wait to see some pictures of your hair Mz. Thang Wink
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th February 2010, 9:59 am

Welcome to the challenge...enjoy the journey!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 11th February 2010, 1:57 am

Thanks Ladies Smile

So I rocked my twist out 4 the last time today pulled it back in a puff. Put a double head band and called it a day. It's weird how the less I do to my hair the more compliments I get. So I decided I was going to wash my hair today after 7wks of twist and t/o.
•washed w/organix Shea shampoo
•DC w/AOHSR
•DT w/homade leave-in(HE TT,water, & Africa best oil)
So I didn't get to DC as long as I would have liked and probably needed to but I called myself pressed for time trying to prepare 4 my BF coming home 4 V-Day. So I decided to try a TnC again cause I wanted a style with my hair out 4 him. Sooo midway thru styling my hair I get a phone call from BF saying he can't come home Sad So not only was I disappointed but a little mad cause that means I could have pampered my hair like it totally deserves. I just hopes it turns out cute then it would all be worth it. Will post pics later with the final results.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2010, 8:57 am

Hi Mz. Thang~

I can't wait to see the pictures for your TnC...your hair looks so thick in your avatar, I'm sure that it will be beautiful even if you didn't get more pampering time.

Sorry you BF will not be able to come home for V-Day, but I'm sure he will be sending you something real special to make that up to you... Wink
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th February 2010, 12:18 pm

I cant wait to see the pics!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th February 2010, 1:32 pm

pics please...lets us see we are nosey! Mz. Thang Lol
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 11th February 2010, 1:39 pm

hey mz thang! i love ur avatar! ur hair is fab too! Mz. Thang Icon_wink
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 11th February 2010, 11:13 pm

@KinkyNappyHappy thanks he says i have a surprise coming sunday so I guess I will have to wait and see.

@Curly+kinky+fierce thanks for the compliments Mz. Thang Icon_smile

Ok so I woke up this morning did my usual and waited the longest possible to take my hair down with out being late for work. Sure enough my hair was still damp. Mz. Thang Icon_sad So I decided to just take the rollers out and blow dry the twist. Didn't work.....so i just started taking the twist out to look at the damage to see what I had to work with. The end result was a HAM....one side was super frizzy and big and the other side was defined. I looked so loped sided soooo did I get frustrated? Nope I just started messing with and seeing how I could fix the situation. I grabbed my coconut oil and castor oil and here is the end result.......
Mz. Thang 100_0513

Mz. Thang 100_0514

Wasn't the original look no but one thing I have learned in my hair journey and in life period you have to learn how to make it work Mz. Thang Icon_biggrin
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 11th February 2010, 11:29 pm

Here is some pics of my process last nite........

My t/o
Mz. Thang 100_0515

After poo no curl definition & lots of frizz
Mz. Thang 100_0516

Amount of hair lost after DT and styling
Mz. Thang 100_0517

Ok what have I learned after the whole process is:
Need products to battle my frizz
No styling wet hair during the week unless I get a dryer
Need work on my TnC still

So any advice ladies and also do you curlies think that my hair lost was a normal amount just in your opinions?
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th February 2010, 4:37 am

Ok so your hair is AMAZING!!! It looks shiny and healthy and it's beautiful Smile
Like for real your twist out is bomb! But the only thing I can think of that helps with frizz is 1. not playing/touching your hair while it's drying and 2. using oil to take out braids and/or twists
I'm not too sure about the amount of shedding though Neutral
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th February 2010, 5:12 am

Hey there, I agree your hair is beautiful. Mz. Thang Icon_queen
Try flaxseed gel for the frizz. Go to Jamaicacurl thread. She has a recipe on there. Also if you are still shampooing with sulfates, you may want to stop because that can cause hair to frizz too. Curly hair is more porous than straight hair, which makes totally rinising out all traces of shampoo virtually impossible and that residue causes frizz.
Lastly, try to not touch your hair while it's drying; that will cause frizz too.

As far as shedding, it is normal as long as you see long strands and not broken pieces. Our hair goes through growth/shed cycles. You may be in your shedding season. Mz. Thang Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th February 2010, 9:45 am

Hey Mz Thang

I can't see the pictures...(pouting) I have a question...did you win Ms E's video contest in December..My Favorite Things? Just curious you look just like the young lady that won!!

I'll try back later to see I can view your pictures.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 13th February 2010, 2:21 am

@KinkyNappyHappy no that wasn't me wish it was what did she win?Mz. Thang Lol

Thanks ladies for the tips. I used organix shea shampoo and it is sulfate free. I really need to find products that my hair likes but I just can't get myself to buy anything new cause:
1. I still have a cabinet full of products that I can't use(either contains bad ingredients or my hair just don't like them)
2. Since I haven't had good luck with products don't want to waste any money.

So I definitely have a dilema......

But here's what I did today: I pinappled my hair loosely last nite and when I woke up it still had some definition. Not enough to wear down but definitely workable. So I grabbed my c/o and castor oil and this is what I came up with
Mz. Thang 100_0518

The end result was a plus for me and I got compliments all day at work so Mz. Thang Icon_wink
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 13th February 2010, 3:01 am

Yeah that was definitely a good idea!! lol it looks great!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th February 2010, 3:32 am

Very pretty Mz. Thang Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th February 2010, 9:49 am

Hi Mz. Thang-

I can finally see your pictures...your t/o style is awesome!! Question ~ do you re-twist at night? That is was I was told was necessary to keep that look. I was like every night? Anyway your hair is beautiful and no matter how you style it...it looks good!!! cheers
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th February 2010, 1:44 pm

I liked your "make it work" hair do!! Your twist out looks amazing. Your hair is beautiful!!!!

As for the amount of shedding, only you would really know if that is a normal amount. Kimmaytube on Youtube, put her shedded hair in small ziplock bags and put the date on them so she would something to compare. Hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 16th February 2010, 12:24 am

Thanks for the compliments ladies hope you all had a fabulous weekend and a happy monday. So I tried a couple of looks this weekend. I went out with the women in my family that are my closest friends(mom, grandma, and aunt). Friday and sat. went shopping with my mom and Sat. nite we went to a comedy show. The show was hilarious and my first one too. I enjoyed my weekend even though I didn't get anything for Valentines day. But here are the pics
Mz. Thang 100_0610

Mz. Thang 100_0611

This was my look early sat. I had twist my hair the nite before and didn't want to take them out so I decided to do this.

Mz. Thang 100_0612

Mz. Thang 100_0613

This is what I did for the nite out but this was the end of the nite so it was way bigger. My hair definitely swells even when it is dry so I'm thinking that I won't fluff when I first take it down.

Here's another pick before we went out
Mz. Thang 100_0614
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 16th February 2010, 12:30 am

@KinkyNappyHappy I don't twist at nite cuz I am entirely to lazy for that Mz. Thang Lol but usually I wear a hair net and a satin hair wrap then fluff and shake in the A.M. Or when its too big for the hair net I pinapple but it doesn't last as long as the other way.

@Lynnie thanks for the advice youtube is sooo resourceful
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th February 2010, 12:46 am

It looks like you had a fabulous hair weekend Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down