CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHITE & BLK FOLKS

+28
R2D2
snappynappy
blondie
d.denise
DreamMerchant
KinkyNappyHappy
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
LadyMika
SisterBoyd
LadyV69
MsJay1121
catcurls
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
LilyFlower8604
Erica5417
NikG20
oooop2
bholmes87
CreoleLady88
Mz. Thang
KinkyKurls4Krystal
Lynnieluve
jlowman1
Tiffy2
FAMUdani
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WHITE & BLK FOLKS - Page 3 Empty Re: WHITE & BLK FOLKS

Post by LadyMika 15th February 2010, 12:51 pm

blondie wrote:
R2D2 wrote:
DreamMerchant wrote:

I had one of my 9th grade students (she is black) ask me if I was mixed. I told her no and then she had the nerve to ask me if I knew who my real father was! I was shocked and speachless.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Just wow. The sheer amount of brainwashing.

What the?!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Where's the fainting icon???

That reminds me of when I was in college and living in Philly, I was asked by a 17 year old girl from West Philly (I was 19 at the time) how many kids I had. As I stuttered that I didn't have any kids because I wasn't yet married, was only 19, AND was still in school, she looked at me as if I had just said I was originally from southeast Jupiter, had 2 heads, and a clubfoot protruding from my butt. I'll never forget, she said "At your age I'da thought you'd had at least TWO kids by now."

I couldn't even respond.

Oh, so we're all teenage mothers with more than one child now?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That kid needs to stop watching TV-slash-reading Hood Novels.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 15th February 2010, 4:45 pm

Hmmmmm.....most compliments come from caucasians and the occasional African American. Saturday while shopping someone asked if this was my real hair....lol...it was in a puff...I laughed and said yes.
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 15th February 2010, 5:20 pm

I get positive reactions from both white people and most black people.

What I usually get from white people more or less an awe. And then they lament about of dead, greasy and lifeless their hair is.

What I usually get from black people. Or at least recently is that I'm versatile with my styles and that I shouldn't relax my hair (I wasn't planning to). And they're always surprised that my hair is very soft.

But I'm also noticing a lot of black people don't even realize my hair is natural. Lately before they say something they will ask first if my hair is natural. I don't know what they think it is because it's definitely not straight, lol.

But I do get the occasional ignorant comment. But I haven't recently so I guess that's good.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th February 2010, 6:20 pm

My younger sister seems to love my natural hair and always compliments the styles you can do! but yesterday, after saying that she like my twist out, she said " I can't wait to see what it looks like straight!"

I don't know why people think that your only concern when going natural is to have long hair when most of use just want healthier, thicker hair!!!! I didn't go natural just so I could straighten my hair Rolling Eyes
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 15th February 2010, 6:56 pm

BHolmes...so true! I can't stand that question of, "when are you going to press your hair out?" Actually, I have no intention of pressing my hair...ever! If I change my mine you'll know when you see it straight. Duh! ha ha haha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by knatural 16th February 2010, 1:51 pm

I live in El Paso, so there are not a lot of black people period. The ones I do see smile when they see me coming. I have not had any negative comments thus far but this is my third time around. I BC'd April 16, 2009. There are ignorant people that come in all races, sizes, and colors. You have to be confident within yourself and let that confidence show on the outside. Sometimes I forget that my hair is natural because it is a lifestyle for me know. I make sure that my hair is together and my looks along with it. I think this will help others that are struggling with going natural. My sister is natural underneath her weaves but she swears that you can't have natural hair and be in her line of work(Senior Business Analyst). She likes how natural hair looks but I don't think she could take the negative comments from her white co-workers. If white people can embrace the fact that we are different and yet the same, then why can't black people see that too?
knatural
knatural

http://knaturalandknit.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3