CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

white men (or non black men) and natural hair

+19
TiffNotANY
jaybella
naturally yours
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
MsJay1121
creolebeauty1
TLog77
dajewel
mizcreativelyme
curlya
aprilj90
biracialbeauty
DreamMerchant
tamtam7
j. kinky
AngiePie
bcandy
Cupcake415
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

white men (or non black men) and natural hair Empty white men (or non black men) and natural hair

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 30th December 2010, 7:54 pm

So my DH is white. He has been gone since June 2010 and will be home in May 2011. I BCd in July and he has yet to see my natural hair. Every picture that he has seen of me my hair was either in PS or put up some how. He always says it's cute but he hasn't seen me in my full fro'd out glory. I really hope that when he gets back and sees my hair he loves it as much as I do but all he ever dated before me were permies with long hair (not too different from many black men I guess). I'm not too worried because he always says that I'm beautiful no matter what and anyway no matter his reaction I love my hair and Ill never change it for anyone. Still it'll be interesting to see what he thinks. So the question is for those of you who have/have had an SO of a different race...what was or is his/ her reaction to your natural hair or your transition. For those of you who have never had an SO of another race do you find that you attract men of other race? Im excited to show him my hair (I'm actually kinda hiding it from him so that I can shock him when he comes home. Hope that plan doesn't backfire)...LOL

Back to top Go down

white men (or non black men) and natural hair Empty Re: white men (or non black men) and natural hair

Post by Cupcake415 30th December 2010, 8:15 pm

Well, I am NOT in a inter-racial relationship... BUT bounce

From what I have seen, I notice that the black female is always natural...

I have a female friend who is of the ethnic background, her hubby is of the Latin decent... She wears here hair in a FADE!

I have another female friend of the ethnic decent, her hubby is caucasian, and she rocks the cutest fro's...

Now, they have never mentioned any complaints from their hubby concerning their hair...

But this is just me looking from the outside-in... I notice that in inter-racial relationships where the female is from the ethnic side, is always rockin the natural hair! afro
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

white men (or non black men) and natural hair Empty Re: white men (or non black men) and natural hair

Post by bcandy 30th December 2010, 8:42 pm

My white boyfriend dated through my transition which for hom wasn't much of a transition because I went from long curly micros to a short curly Afro in one day. Honestly he loves my hair anyway I have it because he loves me. Being caucasian he doesn't understand the hang ups and stigma related to natural African-American hair. He's just happy I let him touch it more often, can go swimming and out in the rain without a second thought, and no longer come home semi traumatized after a.whole day wasted in the salon. Don't worry he'll love it.

bcandy

Back to top Go down

Post by AngiePie 30th December 2010, 9:42 pm

My boyfriend is white and from day one has encouraged me to go natural. He loves my hair more than I do .

I don't think I would have had the courage to stop permming my hair without his encouragement.

He doesn't really understand my hair hang ups; and sees natural hair as the obvious way to go.

The first time I took out my extensions he ran his hands through my hair and loved it. Then I got a perm and absolutely hated my straight hair.

Don't worry, your man will love it.
AngiePie
AngiePie

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 30th December 2010, 10:28 pm

my boyfriend isnt white but he loves my hair cause he loves me (even if he make fun of me being obsessed with my hair)

Plus ur hair is the cutest!!! whats not to love??? Very Happy
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 30th December 2010, 10:55 pm

I agree with J. Kinky, your hair is beautiful Craving Curls, he's going to love it!

I have never dated someone of another race but I noticed that when I started wearing my hair natural I got a lot of attention from men of different races. From my TWA to bra strap length twists, they were all over me. LOL! I was shocked because I thought that they would be repulsed by it, but it wasn't them it was black men that had issues with my natural hair.

My husband (who is black) does love my hair natural. He just loves the fact that I'm not complaining about my hair. LOL! I think that's the key. Men will love it if you're confident about your hair and you love it. Which it appears that you do, so just rock it like the stylish chica that you are and your husband will love it too.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th December 2010, 11:03 pm

My hubby is white and he wants me to have an afro so bad! My hair will not stand up like that but he loves when I have my hair in TST and Twist outs. It seems like the bigger it is the more he wants to play in it and tangle it up! My poor husbands only 2 complaints are 1. The conditioner in the tub is slippery therefore it is a hazard. 2. I leave the door knobs a little oily and he "claims" that he cannot get out of the bathroom! Rolling Eyes
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 30th December 2010, 11:08 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:My hubby is white and he wants me to have an afro so bad! My hair will not stand up like that but he loves when I have my hair in TST and Twist outs. It seems like the bigger it is the more he wants to play in it and tangle it up! My poor husbands only 2 complaints are 1. The conditioner in the tub is slippery therefore it is a hazard. 2. I leave the door knobs a little oily and he "claims" that he cannot get out of the bathroom! Rolling Eyes

An oily tub can start a huge fight , lol , i feel u girl cause i know lol
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by biracialbeauty 30th December 2010, 11:20 pm

My fiance is white and he loves my hair. When we first started dating he NEVER saw my natural hair. It was always in a weave whenever he saw it. When he did finally see my natural hair the first thing out of his mouth was "why don't you leave your hair like that all the time? It looks better" I was shocked and in love with him 100x's more. I never thought he would ever feel that way. He helped me to embrace my hair and begin loving myself for me. Now if I flat iron it just for a change...he gets all grumpy and repeatedly tells me "I hate your hair all straight and lifeless" woot! I think your boyfried will love your hair
biracialbeauty
biracialbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th December 2010, 11:27 pm

lol @ j.kinky Laughing
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 30th December 2010, 11:44 pm

My boyfriend of 2 yrs is white. He met me with permed hair and has been through my 1st (and now 2nd) transition. He admits he likes my hair better straight Sad but he says it's my hair and I should do what I want with it. Since I'm still transitioning, I hope he'll like it better when I'm fully natural *fingers crossed!*
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 30th December 2010, 11:49 pm

... I noticed that when I started wearing my hair natural I got a lot of attention from men of different races. From my TWA to bra strap length twists, they were all over me. LOL! I was shocked because I thought that they would be repulsed by it, but it wasn't them it was black men that had issues with my natural hair.

I was walking down the stairs the other day and a caucasian male said, "Your hair smells good." I was like, 'DId I hear him correctly'? He was embarrassed. I don't think he meant to say it out loud.

My bf is not black and he is the one who encouraged me to let my hair grow out. He loves the twist out and encourages the fro more than the wng. LOL!

Craving curls I think you will be just fine. Your hair is beautiful, he will love it.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 31st December 2010, 12:01 am

lol! @Dream Merchant .... 2 complaints are 1. The conditioner in the tub is slippery therefore it is a hazard. 2. I leave the door knobs a little oily and he "claims" that he cannot get out of the bathroom!

I think he will love it. As long as he loves you, he'll love your hair. He'll see how beautiful you are in the 'natural' you. He'll also feel how much you love it and the confidence you exude in your new look will seal the deal.
On a silly note... girl please.... as sweetdrk1 put it best the other day on another post, when he comes home he is NOT gone be worried about what the cookie jar looks like. He's just gone want the cookie bounce
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 31st December 2010, 12:55 am

@mizcreativelyme lmao truth sista! TRUTH!

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 31st December 2010, 1:23 am

dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 31st December 2010, 1:57 am

I just went to YT and searched white men natural hair and black men natural hair. Wow! Lot's of videos on the subject. Very interesting!
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2010, 1:57 am

@craving curlz...
idk about what men think about different women natural hair; i'm not in an interracial relationship and i've never had to experience anything like this, but whether natural or straight, the man should love it b/c it's on u and the hair doesn't make u who u are~ Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 31st December 2010, 2:00 am

TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 31st December 2010, 2:05 am

For some reason i think men of other races seems to embrace natural curly , coils , kinky hair more than our own men , whenever i wear my afro puff ponytail or afto wig i get more attention from "other" races of men , so i think you should be fine besides he loves you not your hair Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2010, 2:08 am

@creolebeauty1...soon as something comes along that looks like a "video vixen" or some chick that got long straight weave or whatever, blk men want that (fakeness & all) but soon as a natural woman steps on the scene, they turn the other way.smh~ Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 31st December 2010, 2:15 am

@ strawberri you ain't never lied girl , than they have the nerve to say they want a girl that's natural lmao this guy told me his dream girl has Beyonce hair and face , a body like nicki minaj he said you know " a real natural beauty " I DIED laughing smh they are brain washed
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 31st December 2010, 2:15 am

I know that it will be ok we have been married for 3 yrs and we adore each other its just...u know u wanna keep that attraction going. And I was just wondering about other women's experience or opinios on this

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 31st December 2010, 2:16 am

TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2010, 2:16 am

@creolebeauty1....
and speaking of being brainwashed...the girls in the videos are the most b/c they are like sex slaves and they don't know any better; as long as they getting money,they happy and in that aspect they aren't really even happy.smh~
silent

Last edited by strawberri_slushee on 31st December 2010, 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 31st December 2010, 2:17 am

Lmao @ creolebeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next