CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Transitioner...

4 posters

Go down

New Transitioner... Empty New Transitioner...

Post by thenaturalme 3rd February 2010, 1:46 am

Hello, I am addicted to the creamy crack. I believe my last relaxer was in November but it could have been October so please don't quote me. I haven't ever relaxed on a schedule just whenever I felt the need. I have actually gone almost a year between touch ups. (This is my first attempt at transitioning back to natural).

I am the mommy of a curly boy (2 yrs old) and a curly daughter (4 months old). I have never been big into doing my hair. I mostly wear ponytails which led me to question why I continued to relax my hair. So I need HELP because I do not know how to style my hair whether it relaxed, natural, or somewhere in the middle.

I am reinventing myself and trying to be "Natural" in all aspects of my life. I have some items (olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and I have the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner). Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!
thenaturalme
thenaturalme

Back to top Go down

New Transitioner... Empty Re: New Transitioner...

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd February 2010, 5:28 am

Welcome and congrats on choosing to become natural. I am a 10 month transitioner so far and there is so much fun things to learn about hair. This is a great site to start and there are alot of knowledgable people here. So ask lots of questions. I have my journey on the link below, MY BUTTER-N-BARS CHALLENGE, that you can look at for styles and products. But also THIS LINK IS ON CN AND FEATURES MARIA, WHO WAS A 10 MONTH TRANSITIONER. THIS IS A FABULOUS LINK FOR NEWBIE TRANSITIONERS and was very helpful to me

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/06/resource-for-newbies-and-transitioners.html

Remember that transitioning journey is more mental than physical manipulation of hair. So have fun with it. There will be times of truimph and defeat, but just hang in there. Try not to judge your hair, curls and/or curl pattern until you get about 6-7 months out of the perm. That is important because the hair is changing as you grow it out and in this process you are trying to figure out what products work best for your hair. So this will affect the way your hair may feel or look. Ty to take looks of pics thru the process and write down the products that work and that don't work. This will be helpful going forward. God Bless [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2010, 11:51 am

Good advice IB ^^^^^

Also welcome and enjoy your journey. I'm 15 months into my transition and there were bumps in the road along the way. I learned to move forward and correct whatever I was doing wrong. There is a wealth of knowledge on the net about natural hair and the proper way to take care of it. Read, read, and research. It's an amazing journey and you have fun along the way.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 3rd February 2010, 5:26 pm

Im going into my 6th month of transitioning, so welcome and ENJOY this journey!!! Curlynikki.com and other websites are lifesavers. Glad we have technology nowadays.. I would be lost without it!!!SMH
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down