CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Transitioner!!

5 posters

Go down

New Transitioner!! Empty New Transitioner!!

Post by aprilj90 21st February 2010, 2:06 pm

Hey guys

I'm so excited to start the transition but I know it will be painful, excuse me, already is painful lol.

I'm switching out my old shampoo and conditioner and would love feedback. I'm thinking of getting

Kinky-Curly products, any comments are welcome!!!

I also need a style to make it as easy as possible. I was thinking straw sets, again comments??

My last relaxer was Jan 9, 2010. Still have a loooong way to go, but so far all smiles
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

New Transitioner!! Empty Re: New Transitioner!!

Post by Russet 21st February 2010, 5:02 pm

Hello there April =)

You might be too early on in the process to really need or use kinky curly products and have good results. For now you can stick to conditioners such as Herbal Essences, Aussie, etc. ones you see at drugstores. They provide enough slip and moisture for your relaxed hair. You can also style your hair in braids using these conditioners along with an essential oil such as coconut or extra virgin olive, and wear a braidout.
p.s. if you curl the ends of your braids all the way to your scalp, or nape if you are cornrowing, and secure them with a pin, you will see GREAT results once dry, TRUST.

Happy Hair Growing!
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 21st February 2010, 5:40 pm

Congratulations on your journey Aprilj90, I transitioned for 4 months and I did what Auburn suggested and used lots of oils and conditioners for slip. However, I noticed you mentioned Kinky Curly products... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] which i LOVED while transitioning. I used the Knot Today religiously for detangling and I STILL use it. The other products were not that great until I actually BC'd because they work with curlier or kinkier textures.
I did a lot of roller sets and twists, but I hope you find a routine that works best for you.
Let us know how we can support you!
Kbelle
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 21st February 2010, 8:31 pm

So I loved Knot Today, I was skeptical with the shampoo but that conditioner made me a believer. I'm trying out my first roller set right now. Hopefully I did it right, and will look half way decent. I think I'll try the braid out next.
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by toolieboo 26th February 2010, 3:14 pm

Hey aprilj90, I am currently five months into my transition. Since I am a product junkie there is so many things to chose from in my stash, but mainly for shampooing I use Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, deep conditioning I use Aubrey Organics and co washes I use either Aussie or Herbal Essence. So far the styling options for me have been braidouts(my favorite), flexi rod sets and buns. Good luck with your transition.
toolieboo
toolieboo

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 28th February 2010, 2:51 pm

I really liked the braidouts when I did them. I tried roller sets but it was terrible! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I cowash just about every day and shampoo about once a week, but what is this thing I hear about sealing? I have no idea what it is.
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 28th February 2010, 3:24 pm

Hi, I'm a new transitioner too (last relaxer Jan.22) and I've been trying to do as much research as possible. Most girls seal their ends with olive, coconut or some other natural oil or oil mix after they apply a water based moisturizer. Sealing keeps the moisture in your hair.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down