CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Transitioner

+2
Monnie
TiffNotANY
6 posters

Go down

New Transitioner Empty New Transitioner

Post by TiffNotANY 22nd February 2010, 7:13 pm

Hey everybody! I'm new to this. I've ALWAYS wondered what my hair was like and I'm excited about the transition. It's only been 2 months and I'm loving the new growth that I have, no matter how little it is. I'm so happy I've found this and other sites b/c I don't have the support of my mom or my sister. They look at me crazy b/c I don't want anymore creamy crack!! LOL
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

New Transitioner Empty Re: New Transitioner

Post by Monnie 22nd February 2010, 7:20 pm

Welcome to the site DukesDame. I am almost 4 months post-relaxer and have found this site to be very helpful and the people very supportive. Good luck with transitioning!
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 22nd February 2010, 7:25 pm

Thanx and good luck to you too!
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 22nd February 2010, 7:26 pm

welcome to the forum! This site is very helpful, it helped me sooo much during my transition!
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd February 2010, 1:54 pm

Welcome DukesDame. This site is loaded with info to help you along your transition. I've been transitioning for about 17 months and this site along with naturallycurly.com has helped me tremendously. Because of these websites I understand how to take care of my hair and how to properly moisturized my strands. All the curlies have been wonderful and the meetups are just the icing on the cake.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 23rd February 2010, 2:03 pm

Hey you guys. I'm on the same boat. I am in my 15th week transitioning and I have everything, but patience. I think I am going todo a little chop this week.

I was braiding and wearing wigs and am getting tired of that.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 24th February 2010, 5:58 pm

@MomnWife, I'm holding onto my half wigs. I can't seem to chop anything yet. Good luck with your transition!! =)
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 24th February 2010, 6:00 pm

@HAMPTONSFNST & CreoleLady88 Thank you. I'm finding all of my research very useful. Thank God for the internet b/c I wouldn't know what to do.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 24th February 2010, 6:29 pm

DukesDame wrote:@MomnWife, I'm holding onto my half wigs. I can't seem to chop anything yet. Good luck with your transition!! =)

Whoops, scratch that post...see avatar. I had originally wanted to cut a little bit off and I told my husband to take it all off and be done with it.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by kdenise 28th February 2010, 9:35 pm

Monnie wrote:Welcome to the site DukesDame. I am almost 4 months post-relaxer and have found this site to be very helpful and the people very supportive. Good luck with transitioning!

Monnie, my last relaxer was around the same time as yours. Have you thought about when you are going to BC? It's good to find someone that started this journey around the same time as I did so hopefully we will be able to share info on our transition.

Good luck!!
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

Post by kdenise 28th February 2010, 9:38 pm

DukesDame wrote:Hey everybody! I'm new to this. I've ALWAYS wondered what my hair was like and I'm excited about the transition. It's only been 2 months and I'm loving the new growth that I have, no matter how little it is. I'm so happy I've found this and other sites b/c I don't have the support of my mom or my sister. They look at me crazy b/c I don't want anymore creamy crack!! LOL

Hi DukesDame! I am new to this as well! Last relaxer was November 8th, 2009. I am very excited about the transition but will not do the BC anytime soon! I am sure you will find plenty of people on the site that will support you in your transition. Count me in as one of them! We are all in this together!!

Good luck!!
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down