CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnancy and Natural/Transitioning Hair

5 posters

Go down

Pregnancy and Natural/Transitioning Hair Empty Pregnancy and Natural/Transitioning Hair

Post by Thinice 21st March 2010, 11:13 am

During your pregnancy were you 100% natural or transitioning?
Do you have tips for the newly preggers?
What styles worked for you?
Were you a DIY-er?
Did your hair change during your pregnancy?
How would you have cared for your hair differently?

***Just found out we are expecting. I am super tired and do not feel like doing anything to my hair. I need some encouragement and tips for the future. Thanks
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy and Natural/Transitioning Hair Empty Re: Pregnancy and Natural/Transitioning Hair

Post by mrsrenaissance 21st March 2010, 1:43 pm

Congrats on your pregnancy!
I started transitioning while pregnant. I was fine doing rollersets for several mths (like 7). That was actually easiest for me because I would still just wrap my hair at night. I know you're tired now, but you will be really tired once the baby arrives Smile I don't have the energy/time right now to spend on styles that take a while so I wear my hair in a bun most of the time.
Yes, it will change. Your hair will grow alot while pregnant, then shed once you have the baby (especially if you breastfeed). I nursed both of mine & had alot of shedding, but it will grow back. My youngest is 8 mths & you can't even tell I had thinning along my hair line. Oh, & after your 1st trimester you will get some of your energy back so that would probably be a good time to experiment w/diff styles.
You may want to post on the Curlyparents forum!
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy and Natural/Transitioning Hair Empty Re: Pregnancy and Natural/Transitioning Hair

Post by Noma 6th April 2010, 1:50 am

congrats! You must be on cloud 99 Thinice.
Noma
Noma

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 6th April 2010, 12:07 pm

Congratulations!! I was transitioning during my pregnancy. My last perm was Oct 2007. I found out I was pregnant in March 08. I wore a lot of press n curls and rod sets during that time.

I agree with Mrsrenaissance about the hair line shedding after birth. During this first trimester, take it easy. Don't get styles that require a lot of maintenance. I slept a LOT during my first trimester. All I wanted to do was wrap my hair and go to bed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by prettysunshyne 6th April 2010, 1:31 pm

Congrats!! I am pregnant too..32 wks (8 months). I was natural before I found out I was pregnant..I haven't had any shedding in my hairline. I'm thankful for that. I wear more wash n go's now that the temps are warming here..I live in MD. In the colder months, I wore twist-outs. & yes I am an AVID DIY-er!! I haven't been to a salon in almost a year. I only go if I want a blow out that I don't feel like doing myself. I don't feel like my hair has changed, other than growing quicker Smile
prettysunshyne
prettysunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Noma 6th April 2010, 2:44 pm

Congrats! Prettysunshine and thanks for sharing this information with all of us becoz it seems most of the hair shedding has happened to ladies who are/were permed before. So, please keep us updated on what goes on with your hair since you're 100% natural. Good luck.
Noma
Noma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down