CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products?

+26
poeticlyspkng
ktoliver5303
PaganWifey
Keisha
KeishaMac
HennaRo
My fro loves me
MsJay1121
numbah5
kbelle
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
brownsugar09
naijachick
Happy2B
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
coily-muchacha
splitsun
tiashaunteé
ChrsLvsBks
CurliGoddess
Curly Film Chick
CocaColaCutie
StephanieB
lena73
MahoganyCurls
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products?

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 9:54 pm

Happy2B wrote:I have the same issue with my SO. I had to go out and buy him just about every conditioner that I have b/c it wants to use mine all up. The funny thing is that he loves to use my products but refuses to purchase them on his own, he's too embarrassed (lol!) He was so excited when he tried my Herbal Essence Totally Twisted b/c he notice some waves in his hair, he even told his friend about it since they are both trying to wave their hair. Now every Sunday when I do my hair, I have to do his too and we are both sitting around the house with a shower cap on our head, lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have You Caught Your Significant Other Using Your Hair Products?

Post by naijachick 28th January 2010, 12:17 am

I can soo relate to your stories... My guy is the same way. He has locs but tries to act like he doesn't care that much about his hair. He wants to pretend that he is a wash and go type guy. But he gets more excited about my new hair products than I do. I now find myself buying 2 of everything. He recently used all my Oyin Greg Juice, claiming the smell was irresistible. He even asked if I was going to give him a hot oil treatment with some EVOO!! *smh*
naijachick
naijachick

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th January 2010, 1:20 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:
StephanieB wrote:That is hilarious! lol

I'm pretty sure that I won't have that problem with my husband b/c he has a shaved bald head.
My hubby does too. He uses my KBB unscented hair cream on his head. After he shaves, it can be a little dry.

Lol! I know how the dry bald head can be. How does it work on his head? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It moisturizes it. He said it feels good.

LOL at Lynnieluve & AfrikanLatina!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 28th January 2010, 11:48 am

LOL!
My husband and my boys get the benefit of all the products that don't work out for me (Organix, HH, etc.) and some that do (Jojoba Oil, Shea butter mix, Vatika Oil). I usually have to fight my husband over Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine and Twist and Lock. It was all well and good until they started to use my Qhemet Amla and Olive this morning [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I had to draw the line, ladies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th January 2010, 12:04 pm

brownsugar09 wrote:LOL!
My husband and my boys get the benefit of all the products that don't work out for me (Organix, HH, etc.) and some that do (Jojoba Oil, Shea butter mix, Vatika Oil). I usually have to fight my husband over Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine and Twist and Lock. It was all well and good until they started to use my Qhemet Amla and Olive this morning [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I had to draw the line, ladies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Oh no! That is a major problem when they touch your good stuff! I have some Deva Care I havent used yet, and I hope my husband doesnt put his hands on it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 28th January 2010, 3:10 pm

My hubby is my potna...he started growin his hair out in Nov. I bought him the products O wanted to try(I was still transitioning) so...he uses clear ecostyler after he cowashes with Suave coconut and every other week I give him a Brahmi/amla treatment 2 get his curls poppin'!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 29th January 2010, 1:34 am

This is the same thing my husband does. He would always say about my JC Nourish and Shine in my hair ... "what's that citrusy smell?" Then after a while I noticed a few extra dips in my Nourish and Shine. I was okay with it, but it's funny when they DON'T admit it, at least at first.
Then when I moved it (just from cleaning, etc.) here he comes out of the bathroom saying, "Hey, where's the citrusy stuff, you know the orange stuff you put in your hair?"
Then he admits, yeah, it works on my hair too ... LOL. When were were running low and I told him I had to get some more, he asked how much (I guess he thought he could just foot a $5 for it) because I told him oh about $22, his mouth dropped ... LOL. But we both agreed it's worth it.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by numbah5 29th January 2010, 12:02 pm

My hubby is into my stuff too. He has a bald head but his beard gets the "spa" treatment. My problem is that he's heavy handed with my good ish...I'm like hello, I just dropped $20 on my Oyin, you need to ease up! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
numbah5
numbah5

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 29th January 2010, 12:36 pm

Hahahaha!!! Timing is so perfect on this!

Two weeks ago, I went on a condish splurge--$25 worth of conditioner!!! My husband fussed about how I just need one bottle at a time....

Well, last night, after his shower, he comes sitting on the couch with that silly smirk on his face (y'all know which one I'm talking about...)

Me: "Baby, your hair smells really good, like... like... a peppermint patty! Is that my Organix Tea tree mint conditioner?!!!"

He said, "well, you bought sooo much stuff, I'm just helping you use it all!"
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 1:30 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Hahahaha!!! Timing is so perfect on this!

Two weeks ago, I went on a condish splurge--$25 worth of conditioner!!! My husband fussed about how I just need one bottle at a time....

Well, last night, after his shower, he comes sitting on the couch with that silly smirk on his face (y'all know which one I'm talking about...)

Me: "Baby, your hair smells really good, like... like... a peppermint patty! Is that my Organix Tea tree mint conditioner?!!!"

LOL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 29th January 2010, 4:06 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Hahahaha!!! Timing is so perfect on this!

lol this happened to me on more than one ocassion
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by My fro loves me 30th January 2010, 3:32 am

I am currently hiding a bottle of Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner under the sink in the hopes that it doesn't suffer the same fate as my aloe vera gel, Trader Joe's Condish, Aussie Moist and Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I'm loving the fact that the hubby is into my stuff (helps with the pj guilt too) but dang he is a heavy handed one!
My fro loves me
My fro loves me

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 12:34 pm

@Curliecute...thats funny.

@myfrolovesme...I find myself hiding the good stuff too. If he knew how much it costs he wouldn't be so heavy handed I'm sure lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by HennaRo 30th January 2010, 12:35 pm

My SO uses my stash also. At first I wasn't to upset about it. But then he started growing his hair out. He's used MY Afroveda Curl Define, Regis Olive oil conditioner, organix shampoo and conditioner, Castor oil, Avosoya oil, ALL of my TWO oyin burnt sugar [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , and now he's using the KCCC he bought me for christmas.
HennaRo
HennaRo

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 30th January 2010, 1:10 pm

HennaRo wrote:My SO uses my stash also. At first I wasn't to upset about it. But then he started growing his hair out. He's used MY Afroveda Curl Define, Regis Olive oil conditioner, organix shampoo and conditioner, Castor oil, Avosoya oil, ALL of my TWO oyin burnt sugar [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , and now he's using the KCCC he bought me for christmas.

Oh no! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 1:13 pm

I have yet to try Oyin but I think I'm going to buy some soon and if its as good as I've been hearing I will be hiding that in my pajama drawer so hubby can't find it lol Better yet I'll hide it in the laundry room. HE'LL NEVER LOOK THERE!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 2nd February 2010, 6:58 pm

I think this is the funniest thread I have ever seen!!! I haven't been on here in a while, but y'all really had me in tears over your SOs! I have not let my hubby touch any of my stuff yet, because I know as soon as I turn him on to my products, it's over! I used to do all of the wifey stuff for him (manicures, washing hair), but I know if I start this mess then I will have something else to take care of, LMAO! On a reversal note though, I did use his t-shirt last week to plop...and he even noticed! He hadn't used it in a while, so why shouldn't I??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd February 2010, 7:03 pm

DH noticed me prepooing the other weekend.....guess who wanted a prepoo last weekend? I will admit, it locs do look really nice.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd February 2010, 7:15 pm

KeishaMac wrote:I think this is the funniest thread I have ever seen!!! I haven't been on here in a while, but y'all really had me in tears over your SOs! I have not let my hubby touch any of my stuff yet, because I know as soon as I turn him on to my products, it's over! I used to do all of the wifey stuff for him (manicures, washing hair), but I know if I start this mess then I will have something else to take care of, LMAO! On a reversal note though, I did use his t-shirt last week to plop...and he even noticed! He hadn't used it in a while, so why shouldn't I??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my bf gave me the side eye when i went for one of his tshirts to plop with.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 2nd February 2010, 8:47 pm

I encourage my SO to use my hair products. He likes to wash with Dr.Bronners Peppermint soap, rinse with organix coconut conditioner, use HE hello hydration as his leave in and moisturize with butters & bars "grow my hair butter"... chile his waves be dippin. Its fun having him along in my HJ. We love it. He get on my nerves with his weekly haircuts, talking about my hair grows so fast, I need a haircut [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] uhh me jealous much... very.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 2nd February 2010, 9:21 pm

Nope. But he's allergic to nuts so....yeah.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 3rd February 2010, 6:27 am

LOL!!! My husband is at home with the kids and in school while i am here in Iraq. I was using the Carols Daughter Tui Oil when i first decided to go natural and I put braids in my hair. We went on vacation and it was left on accident. Well he gets out the shower and gets dressed. Well I was not paying attention to him getting dressed but with us being apart for months at a time we get our hugs and kisses in as much as possible. Well he goes to hug me and he smells SUPER GOOD!!

I ask him what do you have on? He proceeds to inform me that he found this oil that I left under the sink and is using it has body oil!! I am SHOCKED at what he said so I was like WTF!! Are you serious!!

He just looked at me and was like I use it in my hair and body then he shook his head. He told me " you know what is a shame, your hair is growing out and thick but yet you tell me I cant touch your hair products regardless of what I am using them for"!!

I just gave him the "are you crazy look" and replied. You have been using suave shampoo and lotion JUST FINE before I BC'd so do not get besides yourself now!

We just busted out laughing, as I removed my oil from his hand..

From the point on he just knows and tells everyone how I came back from Iraq on vacation and yelled at him over hair products. LOL!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd February 2010, 11:19 am

I just found out that DH is using my Aveeno soap......I am speechless....
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th February 2010, 1:48 pm

I love this entire thread. Some very funny stories. At my request, my husband has grown his hair out a little. To manage it, he had been using my little potion of oils which was fine. Last week, after he looked in the jar he told me WE needed some more "concoction" after deciding he no longer needed to purchase his Murrays. This was amusing to us both. THEN this morning he came in saying that he just had to say that he used my Aubrey Organics conditioner and that it was great and that his hair was so soft after using it that he thought he had left some in. I'm like "WHOA!- are you using that every day??!!" He said no, but now that I know I'm sharing it- is it wrong for me to feel the need to hide it? 'Cause that's what I'm thinking. LOL
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 4th February 2010, 2:26 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:
StephanieB wrote:That is hilarious! lol

I'm pretty sure that I won't have that problem with my husband b/c he has a shaved bald head.
My hubby does too. He uses my KBB unscented hair cream on his head. After he shaves, it can be a little dry.

Lol! I know how the dry bald head can be. How does it work on his head? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It moisturizes it. He said it feels good.

LOL at Lynnieluve & AfrikanLatina!

I haven't noticed a dry scalp with my husband. Maybe he has been dippin'. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

poeticlyspkng wrote:I love this entire thread. Some very funny stories. At my request, my husband has grown his hair out a little. To manage it, he had been using my little potion of oils which was fine. Last week, after he looked in the jar he told me WE needed some more "concoction" after deciding he no longer needed to purchase his Murrays. This was amusing to us both. THEN this morning he came in saying that he just had to say that he used my Aubrey Organics conditioner and that it was great and that his hair was so soft after using it that he thought he had left some in. I'm like "WHOA!- are you using that every day??!!" He said no, but now that I know I'm sharing it- is it wrong for me to feel the need to hide it? 'Cause that's what I'm thinking. LOL

When I read the "we need some more concoction" part that cracked me up! I'm at work right now and I'm sitting here giggling at my desk like a crazy person. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next