CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went to a Natural Salon and my stylist had straight hair!!!!

+12
adiaha
Pinkrage
MahoganyCurls
Curly Film Chick
naturallydestined
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
MaameYaa
CocaColaCutie
Lena_Jolie
BlondeByDesire
RoseNaturalBeauty
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Went to a Natural Salon and my stylist had straight hair!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Went to a Natural Salon and my stylist had straight hair!!!!

Post by Pinkrage 27th January 2010, 3:15 pm

GUURRLLL! I can't believe you paid $75 for that after you knew it didn't look right. You KNEW you had to go back home and do your hair. NO WAY!!

I still don't understand the high prices in these natural salons. As I have stated before, I have never paid $75 for any style/perm (except color). I mean FA REAL...it's like 15-20 twist in your head. They weren't even small.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Went to a Natural Salon and my stylist had straight hair!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Went to a Natural Salon and my stylist had straight hair!!!!

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 3:17 pm

Pinkrage wrote:@koilsbynature and mahogany-Thanks!

I definitely don't think the stylist should have been pushing her to straighten her hair. I thought KBN was initially taken back that the stylist hair was straight in a natural salon (the title of the topic).

I do agree that some people can lose their curl pattern when straightening all the time. It depends on how the hair is straightened and the person hair type.

Girl, your are welcome! No problem! It is all good! I can see how you thought that...Your hair is beautiful and it looks very healthy. It does depends on how their hair is straighten and their hair type...it is all about technique! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 27th January 2010, 3:20 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:

Girl, your are welcome! No problem! It is all good! I can see how you thought that...Your hair is beautiful and it looks very healthy. It does depends on how their hair is straighten and their hair type...it is all about technique! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks! I am still learning!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 3:24 pm

We all are [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 27th January 2010, 5:13 pm

hold up...she let you walk out of the salon looking like that? what ever happened to stylists that take pride in the work they do? you think she would know that you are a walking/talking advertisement for her work. No offense to you, but if I saw you walking down the street I'd be thinking that you just threw those twists in for a twist out and had to make a grocery store run real quick. Again, I'm glad you were able to salvage her tomfoolery. you owe yourself $75. LOL.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 5:25 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:hold up...she let you walk out of the salon looking like that? what ever happened to stylists that take pride in the work they do? you think she would know that you are a walking/talking advertisement for her work. No offense to you, but if I saw you walking down the street I'd be thinking that you just threw those twists in for a twist out and had to make a grocery store run real quick. Again, I'm glad you were able to salvage her tomfoolery. you owe yourself $75. LOL.

LMBO!!!! Yes she did and if you go to her website she does great work....I guess it was my hair...who knows!!!

http://www.naturalhairstudio.com/
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 27th January 2010, 5:32 pm

I looked at the site, and maybe she was having an off day. But she still shouldn't have let you out of her chair like that.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 5:41 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I looked at the site, and maybe she was having an off day. But she still shouldn't have let you out of her chair like that.

No, she shouldnt have...I have 3 aunts that are beauticians and my grandmother is a retired beautician...And I have spent many days in the "shop", whenever a client isnt feeling her hair hair the beautician usually charge them little or nothing to re-style the person's hair. It is about ethics and pride, and good customer service...I am about to check out her site...
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 5:47 pm

Please do and you'll see why I was so darn disappointed!!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 27th January 2010, 5:58 pm

Now Im confused, her website states she does two strand twist, but when you asked her to two strand twists your hair she says she doesn't do it. What was that about?
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 6:02 pm

adiaha wrote:Now Im confused, her website states she does two strand twist, but when you asked her to two strand twists your hair she says she doesn't do it. What was that about?

Hi I may have mistyped...she does do it but she didn't want to do my hair wet, she wanted to blow dry my hair!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 6:06 pm

koilsbynature wrote:Please do and you'll see why I was so darn disappointed!!

oh wow! I see! Well, at least you know now! Hopefully you wont experience that again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 27th January 2010, 6:24 pm

@koilsbynature That is crazy that you had to go through that experience of not liking your hair for $75.00! You should write a review on the salon so that other naturals will know the deal ahead of time! Im thinking if you google it, there should be an option to write a review....girl get to writing and spill all the beans, cuz that doesn't make any sense for a so-called "natural-stylist" to be like that!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 8:18 pm

I'm sorry you had this terrible experience. That's the reason why I
probably would never set foot in a salon to have my hair done. You
definitely did a much better job than she did. It appears to me, she
did it like that because you asked her to do it on wet hair. I checked
out her site and all of the two strand twist styles I saw was done on
dry hair. She appears to be a stylist that can do natural hair vs a
natural hair care stylist. I agree with Natural83. I would let her know I was not happy with her services.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 8:44 pm

natural83 wrote:@koilsbynature That is crazy that you had to go through that experience of not liking your hair for $75.00! You should write a review on the salon so that other naturals will know the deal ahead of time! Im thinking if you google it, there should be an option to write a review....girl get to writing and spill all the beans, cuz that doesn't make any sense for a so-called "natural-stylist" to be like that!

I did do research and her site has beautiful pictures! I thought it was good to go!! But I told my stylist that I will not cheat on her ever again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 27th January 2010, 11:04 pm

My hairstylist is natural but she only wears it flat ironed. Basically she only does flat irons and kinky kurly with the natural hair. I would say 95% of her clients are natural or transitioning. She was the one who actually talked me into going natural.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th January 2010, 11:14 pm

dmnnnnn koils! i gotta check her site out to NOT go there or maybe go for my own review. lol, at her trying to tell YOU about haircare [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but yea $75...umm NO!! why do natural stylist in our area charge so much when u can get a touch-up n style for like $40!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 11:32 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:dmnnnnn koils! i gotta check her site out to NOT go there or maybe go for my own review. lol, at her trying to tell YOU about haircare [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but yea $75...umm NO!! why do natural stylist in our area charge so much when u can get a touch-up n style for like $40!!

I KNOW!!!! When I was permed I NEVER paid that much evern with a perm but and style....it would only be $60, but here in DC I've paid as much as $100 for two-strand cornrows with twist! But my stylist starts at $40 and $65 on the high end......I think natural salons in this area is taking advantage of natural sisters.
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 11:35 pm

This was $95 at Twist it Sistah in DC
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The back
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My stylist does the same thing for $50, she works out of her house and I love her!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th January 2010, 11:37 pm

oh yea koils u need to pass on the info for your stylist too...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th January 2010, 11:40 pm

NINETY FIVE DOLLAZ!! WTH!! i feel like chris rock in "im gonna git u sucka"

$95...how much for ONE twist?

how often u gettin ur hair done? cuz 95 equals 2 months of staying power in my book! for every 100 thats a month n half.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 27th January 2010, 11:47 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:NINETY FIVE DOLLAZ!! WTH!! i feel like chris rock in "im gonna git u sucka"

$95...how much for ONE twist?

how often u gettin ur hair done? cuz 95 equals 2 months of staying power in my book! for every 100 thats a month n half.

LMBO!!!!!!!!!! I know right! You're crazy girl!!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2