CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair Stylist

3 posters

Go down

Natural Hair Stylist Empty Natural Hair Stylist

Post by princessstar24 23rd November 2010, 10:00 pm

Ok ladies. I would love to try out a natural hair salon in my area but I am scared to death of going to one and having my hair chopped off and or my hair damaged affraid (sounds silly I know). The only hair stylist that I trust with my hair is my sister but my issue is that our schedules don't match up at all (she works in the evenings and so do I). I really need to trim my ends I have noticed some split ends but nothing drastic lol. What are the things I need to look for when looking for a natural hair salon? What questions do I need to ask my future stylist? I don't know maybe me looking at horror stories on youtube just got to me and now I am fearful of trying out a new stylist. What do you think?
princessstar24
princessstar24

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair Stylist Empty Re: Natural Hair Stylist

Post by ReRe71 24th November 2010, 1:12 am

I haven't gone to a stylist since going natural (I BC'd in September), but I think that you should, first and foremost, get referrals from other naturals. It seems to me that most of the horror stories come from ladies who either go to stylist they had gone to while relaxed (because they are comfortable with that person and feel obligated) or just used a stylist who claims to know natural hair (and 9 times out of 10 they don't). I know that I would be more comfortable knowing that other naturals have visited a stylist I've been referred to, and if they have been pleased with the results that would sit much better with me. Good luck! Smile
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 25th November 2010, 1:21 am

I agree with ReRe .. get some referrals from other naturals. When I first went natural I went to a natural hair salon which has a pretty good reputation and have really good stylist but I was unhappy with their lack of knowledge with my hair. Long story short a good friend of my BFF referred me to a guy who specialized in natural hair and since my first hair cut by him I FELL IN LOVE.

You can shop around but try to get some feedback from other women.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down