CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 31st January 2010, 4:02 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I think you're onto something...

Tried my dry BnC again last night (with no shea).... Man, the difference!

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 678474
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 31st January 2010, 4:04 pm

Reeree1224 wrote:Girl you have inspired me! Your hair is gorgeous! ;-)..I've been thinking about doing the two strand twists for the longest. After viewing your video, I've decided to stop procrastinating and just go for it! I'm starting tomorrow on Sunday January 31st. Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Yay! Thank you! Please keep me posted, good luck! I will stalk you thread! Lol!!!MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Empty Month Two

Post by MahoganyCurls 31st January 2010, 5:32 pm

Okay, it is the second month of my challenge already and i have made a few tweaks to my regimen...Who doesnt?...Anyway, I did my usual,well, I actually low-poo'ed today with DevaCare Low-Poo. I have to say the DevaCare Low-Poo is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will do a formal product review later. I just lathered once and cowash with V05.

As, I was cowashing I noticed that my hair isnt detangling like it usually detangles. This is a problem. It is like my hair has grown in a month and is getting harder and harder to detangle with my beloved V05...it took a while to get some slip.... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_sad

So, i finished the bottle off and decided that I need to change my regimen (a little)..so here is the new regimen:

Effective February 1st 2010-

My hair Loves V05 as a cowash, but it is getting thicker and I need more slip so:

~Cowash and Detangle- Herbal Essence HH 1x a week- ( I never used this as a cowash but everyone raves about it..I know it has slip, so I think it will be an awesome cowash...and I never experience any bulidup with this product. It is cheap, not as cheap as V05, but has a LOT more slip..I would use almost half a bottle of V05 just to get some slip and I am sure I will use less HH compared to V05 so i shouldnt use it up as much if I am cowashing, you know, it most likely will take less product).

~Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine w/EVOO-running low on this one...not sure if i will repurchase. (I may use V05 as my DC w/Evoo since my hair will already be dantangled after my cowash.)

Rinse

~Leave In- TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac-This is a staple...the moisture factor is ridiculous! (I have a bottle of Deva Care One Condition but I am not gonna use it, until I am done with the MM...which will be a while from now.)

Twist hair for the week and Twistout on Friday-Saturday

Anyway, I twisted my hair with the MM and my hair is so soft and has a little hold. HH gives my hair moisture, but not as much as MM in my opinion. There is a major difference, I wonder how much moisture the DevaCare one sitting in closet has?

I twisted my hair and this time I made the sections a little smaller, but not too small. I would say they are medium sized twists. I like them. Then I sealed with EVOO.

I am gonna try sleeping without my bonnet tonight and just sleep on my satin pillow case and see if that makes a difference with frizz...

I also rolled the ends of four twists with perm rods...I am just curious to see how it will turn out before I try a full TnC. Well, let me rephrase that. I tried a full Tnc w/ shea butter and it was a hot mess...so am revisiting it...

That is it for today!

"Naked hair"- Productless (is that a word?) hair

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 00113

My twists (without flash- I think the MM really gives a nice sheen MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin and moisture!)

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 00211

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 00311

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 00810

With Flash

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 00511

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 00611

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 00910

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 01010

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 31st January 2010, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2010, 5:40 pm

Your smile is so contagious!!! Great update!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 31st January 2010, 5:45 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Your smile is so contagious!!! Great update!

thank you!!!!!!!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st January 2010, 7:07 pm

It is like my hair has grown in a month and is getting harder and
harder to detangle with my beloved V05...it took a while to get some
slip.... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_sad

The same thing is happening to me MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_eek...its a sad day!! I am also having to use half a bottle to get the slip I need. I was thinking about giving Suave a try after I use up the other 3 bottles of VO5 I have.

You will probably have better results with your partial twist n curl this time.

Today starts my twist/twist out challenge. I am still looking for a product to twist with that I love. I like Miss Jessie's alot but because of the icky ingredients, I only use it once a month and shampoo afterwards. If I could find a product that does what MJ's does, I would be in love!!

I cant wait to see the twist n curl!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 1st February 2010, 6:29 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
It is like my hair has grown in a month and is getting harder and
harder to detangle with my beloved V05...it took a while to get some
slip.... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_sad

The same thing is happening to me MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_eek...its a sad day!! I am also having to use half a bottle to get the slip I need. I was thinking about giving Suave a try after I use up the other 3 bottles of VO5 I have.

You will probably have better results with your partial twist n curl this time.

Today starts my twist/twist out challenge. I am still looking for a product to twist with that I love. I like Miss Jessie's alot but because of the icky ingredients, I only use it once a month and shampoo afterwards. If I could find a product that does what MJ's does, I would be in love!!

I cant wait to see the twist n curl!

Thank you! I saw on FB that miss jessie will be available at target now. i think this month. I was thinking about suave as a cowash too...i may try that or HH...but I need a lot of slip! Lol! The longer it gets the more tangles I have. And since I am cowashing once a week, that means my hair only get detangled once a week. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes Lol!!!!

I cant wait to see your twistout results at the end of the week! Good luck! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st February 2010, 11:47 am

Miss Jessie's will be sold in Target in March. Check out this thread.

I may have to give HE products another try. When I first BC'd VO5 and HE HH gave me the same results so of course I chose VO5 because it was cheaper.

I am gonna do my twist out on Saturday (my son's 2nd bday party). I will let you know when I post the pics.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 1st February 2010, 11:28 pm

go girl..ur so faithful with ur challenge!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 2nd February 2010, 12:49 am

Finally got to twist tonight... yay!

I love HE... I cowash, DC, detangle, add to my spritz--everything with it... I like suave and VO5 too, but I need to use a lot of it to get the slip I need for detangling too...
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 1:33 am

Your twists and twist out looks fabulous!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 2nd February 2010, 4:01 am

Thanks guys!
@ Lynnieluve- I can't wait to see your pictures! I am sure they are gonna look amazing! (happy early birthday to your son!!!!) MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Empty February 1st 2010

Post by MahoganyCurls 2nd February 2010, 4:08 am

Well, nothing much really new to talk about today. My hair is still twisted of course. I did go grocery shopping and picked up another bottle of HH because the bottle I have now is half full. I also grabbed a bottle of V05 conditoner, why? I dont know, I guess because it is a habit. I have been cowashing with V05 since I bc'd and I feel that, it what I suppose cowash with...It is just a habitual thing. I will get over it.

I did have an urge to remove my twists and cowash again, so I could see how the HH works as a cowash... I know bad, right? I didnt do it though. HH is just so thick, and I never Cowashed with a thick conditioner. I feel like it will be too thick to clean my hair....again, I am worrying. I have tendancy to worry about things at times. But the tangles are ridiculous and I need a conditioner to melt those tangles away.

I was thinking about getting Garnier Fructis and shine to cowash with, it is thick (a lot thicker) and it detangles pretty good too...It isnt as thick as the HH. I still may get it, I have a little left in my shower. I will use that first and see how it works. Then I will use the HH... I may test both sides and compare.

But that is all for now!

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 3rd February 2010, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd February 2010, 12:28 pm

I had the opposite concern. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get those thinner conditioners to "lather" I always end up putting in the condish running my head under some water and then smooshing it in to try and build that sudsy feeling I like. Your next cowash will come up before you know it and you'll be able to conduct your experiment.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 3rd February 2010, 7:52 am

Nothing really went on yesterday....Tuesday, February 3rd. Still have my twists.
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Empty The Cassia is Here!

Post by MahoganyCurls 3rd February 2010, 7:53 am

The Cassia I won from Nmoultry is here. I am really excited about it. I have 200g. I am not sure when I am going to use it. I am tempted to try it tonight...I can be so impulsive! SMH!!!! Lol!!!

Thanks Nmoultry! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

The twists are still in....
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 3rd February 2010, 7:57 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:I had the opposite concern. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get those thinner conditioners to "lather" I always end up putting in the condish running my head under some water and then smooshing it in to try and build that sudsy feeling I like. Your next cowash will come up before you know it and you'll be able to conduct your experiment.

Yes, I do the same thing as well! Lol! I am just gonna use the HH as my cowash, bc the V05 is working anymore! And that isnt good, I need slip...The thing with the V05 is, it is so thin, so when you put your head under water it just "run off"..then you have to add more...(well, since my hair is longer, I am experiencing this...). So hopefully, I will not have to use as much HH...I know that the HH is great as a leave in.

I will let you guys know how my first cowash with HH goes! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_smile
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2010, 10:43 am

Your naked hair pic is great. Have you ever done a wash-n-go at this length?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 3rd February 2010, 10:53 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Your naked hair pic is great. Have you ever done a wash-n-go at this length?

Hi! Thank you! To be honest, no, I havent...that is weird, bc I usually wear wash n gos all the time! I posted a wash n go puff video back in December and after that, it was the last time i did a wash n go. And that really wasnt a "regular" wash n go, bc it was pulled up.

I may wear a wash n go the week after next (for one day), it will be my 1 year anniversary...just to see how my wash n gos look 1 year post bc...then I will twist it again the next day. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 12:31 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:
CocaColaCutie wrote:I had the opposite concern. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get those thinner conditioners to "lather" I always end up putting in the condish running my head under some water and then smooshing it in to try and build that sudsy feeling I like. Your next cowash will come up before you know it and you'll be able to conduct your experiment.

Yes, I do the same thing as well! Lol! I am just gonna use the HH as my cowash, bc the V05 is working anymore! And that isnt good, I need slip...The thing with the V05 is, it is so thin, so when you put your head under water it just "run off"..then you have to add more...(well, since my hair is longer, I am experiencing this...). So hopefully, I will not have to use as much HH...I know that the HH is great as a leave in.

I will let you guys know how my first cowash with HH goes! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_smile

I have 4 more bottles of VO5 so I wont be trying anything new anytime soon. I am apart of a no buy challenge until the end of this month. I look forward to your review of the HH as a co wash.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd February 2010, 12:53 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:Your naked hair pic is great. Have you ever done a wash-n-go at this length?

Hi! Thank you! To be honest, no, I havent...that is weird, bc I usually wear wash n gos all the time! I posted a wash n go puff video back in December and after that, it was the last time i did a wash n go. And that really wasnt a "regular" wash n go, bc it was pulled up.

I may wear a wash n go the week after next (for one day), it will be my 1 year anniversary...just to see how my wash n gos look 1 year post bc...then I will twist it again the next day. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

I am looking forward to your wash n go, I want to see your curls at 1 year!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 3rd February 2010, 3:24 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

I am looking forward to your wash n go, I want to see your curls at 1 year!!

Me too! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_lol MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_razz MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_wink
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 3rd February 2010, 3:25 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

I have 4 more bottles of VO5 so I wont be trying anything new anytime soon. I am apart of a no buy challenge until the end of this month. I look forward to your review of the HH as a co wash.

Lol! Darn! Well, I will definitely give you a review!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Empty Okay, I am so impulsive!!!! Lol!

Post by MahoganyCurls 4th February 2010, 5:10 pm

last night, I decided to cowash, because I was curious about the HH. Well, first i tried the V05 just to make sure i wasnt going crazy. It is still the same, no slip. Then I tried the HH! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cowashing with this stuff is awesome! I didnt use a lot of product and it cleaned my scalp and it detangled my hair so nicely! I am in love!

When I applied my leave in (TIGI MM) my hair felt like butter MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 617583 ...my hair felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, and twisted better too! HH is the perfect leave in and now is an awesome Cowashing conditioner too!

I am so excited about my twistout tomorrow. I stole a lot of straws from burger king today...i am gonna try to roll the ends of my twsts with the straws. I got the idea from Wes...www.honeybrownsugar.com... The style is called a wavy coil (click the highlighted area to see the style..scroll down the page until you get to wavy coil...) anyway, my hair isnt as long as hers, but i am still gonna give it a try. I have straws, but they are so skinny...and she recommend using larger straws...like McDonald's..so I just took the BK straws...i grabbed a handful of them too..maybe like 20+ MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Lol ...such a bad little girl! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_lol ...So, I will try that tonight and post the outcome tomorrow.

Hopefully my hair will turn out nicely..i think i am getting better with my twists/twistouts..when you practice, it makes things a lot easier..and I am starting to fall in love with the twistouts! Starting to forget how to do a simple wash n go! Lol!! my last one was 2 months ago!

Okay, I remember...but my hair is longer and thicker now...this is gonna be interesting when I try to do it...

I really hope i have a good hair day tomorrow. My husband bought us tickets to a comedy show tomorrow night...that is the last thing i need to have is jacked up hair at a comedy show!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_lol

Oh yeah...I am gonna do my first Cassia treatment saturday night...and let it sit over night. I have 200g. if I really like it, i will start henna'ing when i am done with all the Cassia! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th February 2010, 5:19 pm

Good Luck and have fun! A blizzard is heading my way ... so they say MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 4 Icon_evil
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next