CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by CrissyQ 23rd March 2010, 12:31 pm

Hey MC, I have a question. I still have some permed ends on my hair, how often should I trim them?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by jamaicacurl 23rd March 2010, 1:33 pm

MC your hair looks great!! Athens, Macon and Atl are some distances to be between when you're in GA! That's a lot of driving! LOL

Oh and Intelligent gave me your how-to on the Accordion Method and I tried it this morning. I talked about my results on my BnB (last page). I'm going to have to modify it a bit for myself (since nothing is one size fits all) and play around with it. Thanks again for your help and wisdom because WnG is my everyday style...all year!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 23rd March 2010, 2:22 pm

Hey MC!! I am catching up on ur thread!! I'm loving the WnGs. I am definitely gonna try it when I'm tired of twisting my hair. I am in the process of conquering 3 strand twists.

smooches

PS You son is so adorable I just wanna pinch his jaws
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 23rd March 2010, 4:06 pm

RoseBud wrote:Hey MC, I have a question. I still have some permed ends on my hair, how often should I trim them?

Hey!

It is up to you, I would personally just go ahead and remove the rest. If you are asking how to trim them (a certain way, if that makes sense..lol). I just took my hair cutting scissors and trimmed where I saw the new growth. I didnt wet my hair or anything, bc i could see the two textures. But I would trim them one good time to be done, I am very impatient! Lol!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin

When I bc'd i did it all in one day...i probably had less than an inch of hair...

The Day of the BC
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Big_ch10

A week later
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Fotki10
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 23rd March 2010, 4:24 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:MC your hair looks great!! Athens, Macon and Atl are some distances to be between when you're in GA! That's a lot of driving! LOL

Oh and Intelligent gave me your how-to on the Accordion Method and I tried it this morning. I talked about my results on my BnB (last page). I'm going to have to modify it a bit for myself (since nothing is one size fits all) and play around with it. Thanks again for your help and wisdom because WnG is my everyday style...all year!

Hey! I think WnGs are going to be my all year style too...Until I can bun...i feel that is the only style I have pretty decent results with...lol...anyway, yes, I am going to break it up during the months I am home. We will definitely have to meet up. I am gonna try to plan a natural hair meetup in Atlanta, late may/early june... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_wink

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey MC!! I am catching up on ur thread!! I'm loving the WnGs. I am definitely gonna try it when I'm tired of twisting my hair. I am in the process of conquering 3 strand twists.

smooches

PS You son is so adorable I just wanna pinch his jaws

Awwwwwwwwww, thank you! Yes, he has fat jaws Lol!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlCita 23rd March 2010, 5:01 pm

YOur wash and gos are very cute!
CurlCita
CurlCita

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 23rd March 2010, 5:09 pm

CurlCita wrote:YOur wash and gos are very cute!

Thank you!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd March 2010, 5:17 pm

hi mc. please excuse the low caps, broke my wrist and using one hand primarily. thanks for this method. i have struggled doing my hair with one hand but think the accordion method may prove VERY helpful!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 23rd March 2010, 6:30 pm

You looked very modelesque without hair.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th March 2010, 2:23 am

Love the new avi and your hair pics look great, as usual. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 9:48 am

poeticlyspkng wrote:hi mc. please excuse the low caps, broke my wrist and using one hand primarily. thanks for this method. i have struggled doing my hair with one hand but think the accordion method may prove VERY helpful!

OMG! Are you okay!?!?!?!? I think the accordion technique will work as well!

tiashauntee wrote:You looked very modelesque without hair.

Thanks Tia!
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Love the new avi and your hair pics look great, as usual. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin

Thank you ma'am, loving your new Avi too! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th March 2010, 10:14 am

Girl, you and these new avatars, one can't keep up with you, Lynnie and Sweet. I love it.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 10:19 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Girl, you and these new avatars, one can't keep up with you, Lynnie and Sweet. I love it.

lol! I know! I was thinking the same thing...I think I am gonna keep this one for a while! Ha!!! I am working on my new post right now...lol! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_razz
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Empty Bumble and Bumble Curl Consicous Holding Foam

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 10:29 am

Good Morning Laides!

Today, I decided to do a low poo, bc I felt that I had a little buildup from the KCCC, not to mention the Eco Styler on top of it. I think the KCCC doesnt really come out with a cowash, (at least it felt that way to me)..so i just shampoo'd with Deva Care Low Poo and that took care of that.

NC.com sent me a few products to try last week, unfortanately, out of the 5 products they sent me this time, I could only try one..well, i could try them on, but since I am CG, I avoid the silicones. Well, the product that I tried today is the Bumble and Bumble Curl Consicous Holding Foam. Price: $27 for 3.5 oz!!!!!! I know! Too much!

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Bumble10

Ingredients: Holding Foam for all curls
Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau [] Polyquaternium-72 [] Glycerin [] Sorbitol [] Isopentane [] PPG-2-Isodeceth-12 [] Transglutaminase [] Phytantriol [] Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein [] Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch [] Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol [] Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer [] Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch [] PEG-12 Dimethicone [] Butylene Glycol [] Caprylyl Glycol [] Hexylene Glycol [] Amp-Acrylates Copolymer [] Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol [] Ethylhexylglycerin [] Ethyl Alcohol [] Isobutane [] Aminomethyl Propanol
[] Polyurethane-14 [] Carbomer [] Maltodextrin [] Phenoxyethanol []
Yellow 6 (CI 15985) [] Red 40 (CI 16035) [] Limonene [] Linalool []
Coumarin [] Citral [] Fragrance (Parfum)

PEG-12 Dimethicone is water soluable...i have heard the new formula of the curl consicous line is cone free now for the other products..you know the conditioner, etc...

This is product is a mousse that is targeted toward curly hair. Last year, I used a mousse for the first time and fell in love with it. That was the Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Mousse and it was pretty cool. I like mousse bc it defines your hair without weighing it down. My hair is on the fine side so if I use too much product, it doesnt look too hot.

This product is best used on soaking wet hair. So I basically did as the directions instructed.

After I low poo'd I conditioned and detangled my hair with Bed Head Moisture Maniac, then I rinsed all of it out...

Then I applied a quarter size amount of suave naturals conditioner (Tropical Coconut) to my entire head (so I didnt use a lot of conditioner) i worked it through, rinsed for a few seconds..then I scrunched the conditoner in one time...then i applied a quarter size...a little of this product goes a loooooooooooooooooong way to my wet.

I didnt scrunch the mousse in, i just raked it through..positioned my curls and that was pretty much it...

It didnt take long to dry either! I think I will definitely purchase this product again...it is kinda expensive though, but a little goes a very long way. I never heard of Bumble and Bumble until I became natural. I am gonna check out the rest of their products, since so many ppl on NC.com raves about them...

Now, my hair has dried a little firm..not too crunchy but not soft either...but for a change, i am gonna leave it this way...the cast may help when i get home to prevent frizz, bc i know ppl in my family are going to put their hands in my head..uggh!

Anyway, I like this product bc it only took about 5 minutes to apply...which definitely is a plus!!!!!

Check out the pictures!

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 00134

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 00318

My hair is VERY fine and loose at the the crown..this is why i use clips for volume, otherwise it will stay flat! lol!

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 00418

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 00614

Dry Hair- 100%

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 01510

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 01710

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 01212

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 24th March 2010, 11:38 am; edited 3 times in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th March 2010, 11:13 am

Wow, those curls are super defined. I say "yes" to another product that seems to work for you. It looks good, I like. Now let me go and check them out. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 11:28 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, those curls are super defined. I say "yes" to another product that seems to work for you. It looks good, I like. Now let me go and check them out. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin

Yes, I think this product has made a place in my staple stash! Lol!!! And they are crazy shiny too!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! I am gonna update this post and add ingredients and the website. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th March 2010, 11:35 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, those curls are super defined. I say "yes" to another product that seems to work for you. It looks good, I like. Now let me go and check them out. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin

Yes, I think this product has made a place in my staple stash! Lol!!! And they are crazy shiny too!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! I am gonna update this post and add ingredients and the website. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin

MC, my hair want to be just like yours when it grows up. How do you get those curls? WOW
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 24th March 2010, 11:39 am

I've been dying to try that brand of products. TJ Maxx carries them sometimes but they are still too expensive even there! Now, you're tempting me. Also, I'm sure you've posted it somewhere but I need to know what kind of regimen has your skin looking so amazing.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th March 2010, 11:45 am

Your hair looks great MC! I am a follower of yours on Youtube and I also remember you from the old Healthy Textures...your relaxed hair was beautiful then too.

I still have some texlaxed ends and I think I'm going to take your suggestion and just get rid of them now. That will prevent me from having to cut them off later.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 11:45 am

RoseBud wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

MC, my hair want to be just like yours when it grows up. How do you get those curls? WOW

lol! Aww thank you! IDK, they just grew that way...your hair is going to be beautiful when it grows out, enjoy your TWA a phase, bc it flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss mine! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th March 2010, 11:49 am

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_cheers WOWWeee!!! Love the new Avatar!! Look at dem curls!! OMG!!! I think I will have to check Bumble and Bumble out! You have another winner!! Your hair is beautiful!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th March 2010, 11:54 am

Erica5417 wrote:I've been dying to try that brand of products. TJ Maxx carries them sometimes but they are still too expensive even there! Now, you're tempting me. Also, I'm sure you've posted it somewhere but I need to know what kind of regimen has your skin looking so amazing.
that is why I LOVE you ladies, I will be stopping at TJmax on my way home tonight!!! If I find it, these twist are hisssstooooreeeee!! hahahahahaaaa MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_bounce

Look what my bestie found..bumble and Bumble for only $12 bucks

Last edited by sweetdrk1 on 24th March 2010, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 24th March 2010, 11:56 am

Hey MC

Love you avatar, Man I can't wait till I get some more hair lol!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 11:59 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:I've been dying to try that brand of products. TJ Maxx carries them sometimes but they are still too expensive even there! Now, you're tempting me. Also, I'm sure you've posted it somewhere but I need to know what kind of regimen has your skin looking so amazing.
that is why I LOVE you ladies, I will be stopping at TJmax on my way home tonight!!! If I find it, these twist are hisssstooooreeeee!! hahahahahaaaa MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_bounce

Look what my bestie found..bumble and Bumble for only $12 bucks

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!? MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_razz MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_biggrin MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_eek MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Icon_lol
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 24th March 2010, 12:01 pm

You are just too cute for words! I hope after 1 year my wash and go's look half as good as yours.

So you are leaving Germany?? I use to live there for 3 years when my stepdad was in the Army. LOVED IT!

Ummmm where do I need to send money to so that you can mail me some gummies from Germany. They was the BEST!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 22 Lol
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next