CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th January 2010, 8:59 pm

those are some good looking twists mahogany!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 8:14 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist look adorable! Your hair looks a lot like my niece. What do you use for sheen/shine? Is it coming from the EVOO?

Thank you! Yes, I am using EVOO, it seals my hair, and gives it a nice shine! I love it! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 8:16 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Good seeing you again. I see I made the cut for the TWA video after much trial and error. Lol. I too need to embark myself on a twist challenge. Right now I'm getting mine done by a stylist, but that cost is no joke. And I need to ensure that I take the best care of my hair (something I don't think the stylist is doing). Good luck to you. I need more than luck, I need prayer. Lol.

Aww! Thank you! The salon can get pricey, I am sure you will do a good job with your hair, and thank you so much for participating in the video! Good luck to you too!!!!!!! I will be praying!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 8:25 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:those are some good looking twists mahogany!

Thank you!!!!!!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 8:27 am

CurlsGalore wrote:Your twists are looking really good! Great job! I'm going to try twisting mine thicker and chunkier and check out my results! I'll do my best to leave them in for more than 3 days...but IDK.

Thanks girl, I am trying! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin You can leave them in as long as you want, you know, do what works best for you...i know the first week, leaving them in so long, was extremely hard for me. I think I am getting used to it now! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_surprised
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Empty Twistout Week 4! Loving the Results!!!!!!

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 10:18 am

Wow! It has already been a month since I started my challenge!!! I cannot believe it. I have discovered things that work for my hair, and things that didnt work so well. My twistouts and twists are getting a little better IMO. It doesnt take me as long to twist my hair and I think I have found a technique that work for my twistouts.

Last week (the video) I made smaller twists. They were nice, but I like my twists to be about medium to large. I just need to work on making more (twists). I will get there. Since I started this challenge I get so excited about my cowash day, because I am actually stating to enjoy twisting my hair...it is kinda therapeutic..Lol!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin .

With that said, I think my hair is happy. It feels very moisturized, and has shine, and is crazy soft! I havent notice any growth because it has only been a month. I may not notice any at all. To be honest, my main objective is improving the health of my hair. This twistout challenge is a personal challenge to myself. It allows me to be more disciplined. So far, I am doing good.

Now, my twistout...
I am so in love with it today! The pictures do not do it any justice at all. It moves, it is soft and has a nice sheen (the EVOO does that). I am so happy! I didnt fluff my hair. Fluffing cause problems for me. When I seperated the twists. I took my finger and ran it down my hair gently and stopped before I reached the ends. Doing this created volume, not a lot...but it helped with seperating. I figured as the day goes on, my hair will get more volume later...no big deal, I love big hair, but I noticed that twistouts do not require a lot of manipulation. It will lead to some serious frizz!

Conclusion for the 1st Month (January 2010)

* Shea buttter is too heavy for my hair. Regardless of how I mix, it builds up and weighs my hair down. It may work for others, but it isnt for me..and I am fine with that.

* Seperating my twists too much creates A LOT of frizz..not a good look...I don't mind a little frizz, but when I have too much I am not happy with it MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_evil

* Touching your twists too much will make them frizzy...

* Extra Virgin Olive Oil is liquid gold for my hair! I love that stuff

*Re-twisting (mid-week) keep the frizz at bay and allows for a smoother twistout...when I retwist, I just use a little water on my fingers to dampen the hair and seal with evoo...just touching up my hair...that's it.

* Always cover your twist at night with a satin bonnet

*Sleeping on your twist make them flat (well at least for me). So now, I try to sleep on my arms (some kinda way...and still lay my head on my pillow at the same time..it works for me..) I usually do this after I retouched my twists. Wed. night -Thur. night....

* Taking your time to remove your twist create better twistouts and reduces frizz at your ends...

* Finger coiling your twist at the ends also prevent frizz (or rolling them..TnC)

* Last but not least. Always twist your hair (or style it) when you have time to do it. I have noticed when I rush, my hair doesnt turn out nice. So, take your time, and put effort into your 'do! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Okay, Pictures

First set, my twist were taken down...hair isnt seperated yet.

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto10[/url]

Reduce this image
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto11[/url]

Reduce this image
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto12[/url]

Final Results

Reduce this image
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto13[/url]

Need to seperate the back a little more to get rid of the parts...

Reduce this image
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto15[/url]

Okay, it is seperated a little better now...have something red in my hair...things are always getting stuck in my hair!!!!!!! Lol! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Lol

Reduce this image
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto17[/url]

Reduce this image
MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto16[/url]
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th January 2010, 10:44 am

Wow, the shine and definition is crazy. I love it. I think you've profected the style to a "T".

So when you retwist - are using the same "parts" so to speak - I hope I'm explaining this right - the same formation or number of twists. Grabbing the same pattern?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 10:55 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, the shine and definition is crazy. I love it. I think you've profected the style to a "T".

So when you retwist - are using the same "parts" so to speak - I hope I'm explaining this right - the same formation or number of twists. Grabbing the same pattern?

Thank you! yes, I sure am. What I do is, take a twist down one at a time. So, I will grab one twist, unravel, put a little water and seal with EVOO. Retwist the same twist in the same "part" Start on the next twist. I like it that way.

Again, thank you so much MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 29th January 2010, 11:14 am

your hair looks goergoes!!!

I think I am starting to discover that my hair doesn't love shea butter either....Well let me rephrase that, its nice for the edges when I am trying to lay them down, but when I am trying to do twists, it makes my hair so heavy and straight! I thought I was doing something wrong because damn near EVERYBODY swears by Shea Butter....I am glad someone else feels my pain MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_surprised
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 11:19 am

Miss CurlyT wrote:your hair looks goergoes!!!

I think I am starting to discover that my hair doesn't love shea butter either....Well let me rephrase that, its nice for the edges when I am trying to lay them down, but when I am trying to do twists, it makes my hair so heavy and straight! I thought I was doing something wrong because damn near EVERYBODY swears by Shea Butter....I am glad someone else feels my pain MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_surprised

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am only using it for my edges, and body. My hair ABSOLUTELY HATES IT! And I am tired of trying it in different forms, bc I get the same result everytime- A hot mess! And I do not feel bad that it doesnt agree with my hair, that is what the EVOO is for. People that use it have gorgegous hair and get great results, but not this chick. It isnt for everyone, just like any product. You have use what works for you. I can't stress that enough. Yes, hun, i totally feel your pain. My hair would get straight and stringy, just ugly...you will be fine...you may need something lighter, like me MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin .

Thank you for the compliment too!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 29th January 2010, 11:26 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am only using it for my edges, and body. My hair ABSOLUTELY HATES IT! And I am tired of trying it in different forms, bc I get the same result everytime- A hot mess! And I do not feel bad that it doesnt agree with my hair, that is what the EVOO is for. People that use it have gorgegous hair and get great results, but not this chick. It isnt for everyone, just like any product. You have use what works for you. I can't stress that enough. Yes, hun, i totally feel your pain. My hair would get straight and stringy, just ugly...you will be fine...you may need something lighter, like me MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin .

Thats exactly how I would phrase it...LOL. My hair LOVES EVOO as well. From now on I am going to have to stalk your thread to see what you're using cause the Lord knows I need some ideas...
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 29th January 2010, 11:36 am

Miss CurlyT wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

Thats exactly how I would phrase it...LOL. My hair LOVES EVOO as well. From now on I am going to have to stalk your thread to see what you're using cause the Lord knows I need some ideas...

I'm starting to wonder this about my own hair... I thought it was the henna, but now I'm not so sure... I may try sealing with EVOO this week and see if that makes a difference!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 12:00 pm

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
Miss CurlyT wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

I think I am starting to discover that my hair doesn't love shea butter either....Well let me rephrase that, its nice for the edges when I am trying to lay them down, but when I am trying to do twists, it makes my hair so heavy and straight! I thought I was doing something wrong because damn near EVERYBODY swears by Shea Butter....I am glad someone else feels my pain

I'm starting to wonder this about my own hair... I thought it was the henna, but now I'm not so sure... I may try sealing with EVOO this week and see if that makes a difference!

Yes, it could be the shea..how do you like henna? I am considering it (a lot!). MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 12:00 pm

Miss CurlyT wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

Lol!!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_smile
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 29th January 2010, 12:14 pm

I really like the henna! For some, it does have the tendency (I've been told) to stretch your curl a bit, but it bounces right back. Which is why I'm thinking it's the shea! Certain parts of my hair (the 4a/b) love it, but the front is more 3b/c and is STICK straight after my melted shea DT the other day.... and it wasn't really like that after I rinsed the henna out....

But back to the henna: my hair feels stronger, healthier, and the shine was crazy!!!! I have pics on my BnB thread!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 12:36 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I really like the henna! For some, it does have the tendency (I've been told) to stretch your curl a bit, but it bounces right back. Which is why I'm thinking it's the shea! Certain parts of my hair (the 4a/b) love it, but the front is more 3b/c and is STICK straight after my melted shea DT the other day.... and it wasn't really like that after I rinsed the henna out....

But back to the henna: my hair feels stronger, healthier, and the shine was crazy!!!! I have pics on my BnB thread!

Really?!?!?!?!? It has to be the shea then. I am 3b/3c all over and the shea is extremely too heavy for my hair. It is finer than you may think...anyway, i just avoid it now. I am about to check out your thread now. Henna seems promising! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Empty Shea butter Twistou vs. EVOO twistout-Comparison

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th January 2010, 2:23 pm

Twistout sealed with the shea:

Look very closely, no definition whatsoever...

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00112

Twistout sealed with EVOO:

My hair has more volume and better definition.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Twisto10

I even used a small amount of shea and it still weighed my hair down. After I eliminated the shea butter, my twistouts are much better, and of course because of practice! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 678474
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 2:57 pm

You look extremely through in the first picture. At least you were able to identify the culprit MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_wink .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 29th January 2010, 3:00 pm

The only thing I'm trying to master about twisting is twisting the back of my hair. I part my hair 4-6 ways, and I'll always have the half part in the back. I try to reach to twist, but ultimately I'll just fluff the part and cover with my hair. Have you mastered that yet?
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 29th January 2010, 3:05 pm

I think you're onto something...

Tried my dry BnC again last night (with no shea).... Man, the difference!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2010, 10:20 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:Week 3- January 17-22, 2010

Week 3 was much better than week 2. I just eliminated the shea butter and sealed my hair with EVOO. My twists and twistout turned out much better. The twistout video I posted on youtube is from that week. So I will not post pictures.

Week 4-January 24-29, 2010

Again, another great week regarding the twists. I will wear a twistout tomorrow. This time I made my twists a little bigger, but not as big as week one. I am trying to work on making medium/large twists with smaller parts. If that makes any sense. I think they turned out a little better. I twisted my hair while it was wet. I said that I want to focus on improving my twists and twistouts since i had a hard time with them. Yesterday, (Wednesday) they were fuzzy so, I touched up each twist. All I did was take down a twist, one by one, dampen my hair with a little water using my finger and sealed with EVOO. Then I retwisted. I like the look.

I noticed the less you keep your hands out of your twists, it reduces frizz. It is kinda like a wash n go. I also, removed a few fairy knots that I found (search and destroy). Hopefully, I will have a successful twistout tomorrow! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

My two strand twists (this week) Week 4

Freshly Twisted Hair (Sunday 1-25-10)

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00111

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00310

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00410

I retwisted my hair Yesterday (Wednesday 1-27-10) bc they were fuzzy I actually think the twists look a little better... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_surprised

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00510

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00610

Sunday, I will try to make smaller parts, with nice medium size twists...

those twist are beautiful! I can't wait to see the Twist out! let me go back and keep readin
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Empty I'm In! ;-)

Post by Reeree1224 30th January 2010, 11:08 pm

Girl you have inspired me! Your hair is gorgeous! ;-)..I've been thinking about doing the two strand twists for the longest. After viewing your video, I've decided to stop procrastinating and just go for it! I'm starting tomorrow on Sunday January 31st. Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Reeree1224

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 31st January 2010, 3:58 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:You look extremely through in the first picture. At least you were able to identify the culprit MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_wink .

Yes, I was too through! Lol!!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 31st January 2010, 4:00 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:Week 3- January 17-22, 2010

Week 3 was much better than week 2. I just eliminated the shea butter and sealed my hair with EVOO. My twists and twistout turned out much better. The twistout video I posted on youtube is from that week. So I will not post pictures.

Week 4-January 24-29, 2010

Again, another great week regarding the twists. I will wear a twistout tomorrow. This time I made my twists a little bigger, but not as big as week one. I am trying to work on making medium/large twists with smaller parts. If that makes any sense. I think they turned out a little better. I twisted my hair while it was wet. I said that I want to focus on improving my twists and twistouts since i had a hard time with them. Yesterday, (Wednesday) they were fuzzy so, I touched up each twist. All I did was take down a twist, one by one, dampen my hair with a little water using my finger and sealed with EVOO. Then I retwisted. I like the look.

I noticed the less you keep your hands out of your twists, it reduces frizz. It is kinda like a wash n go. I also, removed a few fairy knots that I found (search and destroy). Hopefully, I will have a successful twistout tomorrow! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

My two strand twists (this week) Week 4

Freshly Twisted Hair (Sunday 1-25-10)

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00111

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00310

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00410

I retwisted my hair Yesterday (Wednesday 1-27-10) bc they were fuzzy I actually think the twists look a little better... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_surprised

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00510

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 00610

Sunday, I will try to make smaller parts, with nice medium size twists...

those twist are beautiful! I can't wait to see the Twist out! let me go back and keep readin

Thank you! I actually posted the twistout pics...I am in the purple shirt! Lol!!! Thanks!!! You are so sweet! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 31st January 2010, 4:02 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:The only thing I'm trying to master about twisting is twisting the back of my hair. I part my hair 4-6 ways, and I'll always have the half part in the back. I try to reach to twist, but ultimately I'll just fluff the part and cover with my hair. Have you mastered that yet?

Lol! No, I really havent mastered that either. I am still working on it...The back is the hardest part for me, then I am left handed, so I tend to do things "backwards"...I guess when our hair gets longer, I will not be a problem, because the hair will hand more.
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next