CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review!

+35
Maricopa
coilykinks
CandiceKane
4EverNatural
mstokes2008
Muz
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Keisha
CocaColaCutie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
LaToya28
ftiffrenee
priceless
Neems
bholmes87
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
poeticlyspkng
CurlsGalore
laleepop14
BrownSkinDiva
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
NappilyEverAfter
tiashaunteé
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
jlowman1
MahoganyCurls
39 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Empty MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review!

Post by MahoganyCurls 15th June 2010, 5:53 pm

Hey Guys,
I decided to start a new thread for myself since, my old one is lost somewhere...lol! I hope everyone is doing well. As some of you may know, I have been busy catching up with family since my 3 year absence from the states. I know I am late with a lot of things, and have fallen off the YouTube videos, but I promise as soon as things settle I will crank things back up.

Everyone's hair is Beautiful! I love it! I can't wait to start chatting with you ladies on a regular basis again!

I have tried two new products:

Miss Jessies Curly Pudding (Now, as some of you all may know, I follow the CG method, and trying this product is not a CG way of doing things...lol)...I was in Target and just had to try it, since everyone raves about it....I will let you guys know if I like it or not...

Yay or Nay?

Treseme' Naturals Moisture Rich Conditioner- Silicone Free, I had to try this one as well...I will give you guys the verdict on this product also...

Yay or Nay?

Anyway, that is it for today. I will let you guys know about my experience with the Curly Pudding and Treseme Naturals tomorrow!

TTYL!

Miss everyone!
Jess MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_wink

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 18th June 2010, 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review!

Post by jlowman1 15th June 2010, 6:26 pm

Can't wait to see your review and your hair is still gorgeous as usual! I hate the smell of the curly pudding. I have a bad habit of opening things with my mouth and that crap got all in my mouth, can you say GROSS! Eww!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review!

Post by CrissyQ 15th June 2010, 6:32 pm

Hey welcome back. I just brought Tresemme flawless curls conditioner today, its not the natural line. I am excited to use it tonight. Cant wait to see your reviews.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th June 2010, 6:34 pm

WELCOME BACK MC! Can't wait for your review! love your AVI!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th June 2010, 9:37 pm

Hey MC,
Glad to see you back on. I'll be looking forward to your youtube videos once you start cranking them out again.

Your new avi and hair look beautiful!

~Dva
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th June 2010, 10:00 pm

Welcome back!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th June 2010, 10:29 pm

Welcome back lady!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyEverAfter 15th June 2010, 10:33 pm

Welcome back MC!

I've used the Treseme' Organics Conditioner-Silicone free and I love how it makes my hair feel. I hope you enjoy it!
NappilyEverAfter
NappilyEverAfter

http://members.fotki.com/playahdrea/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th June 2010, 11:49 pm

Hey MC and Welcome back, your hair is gorgeous in your avi!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th June 2010, 1:04 am

Welcome back! Love the avi!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th June 2010, 11:20 am

***waving****Hi!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th June 2010, 11:27 am

looooves the avi, ur old thread is probably floating around on page 10 of the threads, lol.

what made u give in to try the curly pudding esp since its goin against ur cg method MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Suspect . i think you'll have good results with it though....and how's little man doin????

@jlo; lmaoooo, i used to open bottles of poo n stuff wit my mouth too and HATED when i tasted it cuz its hard to get rid of the taste....eeeeh yuck!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 16th June 2010, 12:05 pm

welcome back Jess!!! your hair looks great, as it always does Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 16th June 2010, 12:11 pm

Hey welcome back MC!!! I was wondering where you went. Your hair looks like it grew and I cant wait for more of your youtube videos!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 16th June 2010, 12:42 pm

Hey MC! Good to see you back with us! Love your avi! Super cute!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th June 2010, 1:36 pm

Hey! I log on to CN and look who's back among us! Can't wait to see your review on Miss Jessies. I probably still won't buy it but it always waves at me when I go to Target. Wink
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th June 2010, 2:27 pm

Hey MC! Welcome back ... how are you enjoying time at home?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 16th June 2010, 3:27 pm

Welcome back MC!!! It's good to hear from you.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th June 2010, 6:05 pm

Hey guys!

Thank you!!!!!!!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th June 2010, 6:10 pm

NubieNatty wrote:looooves the avi, ur old thread is probably floating around on page 10 of the threads, lol.

what made u give in to try the curly pudding esp since its goin against ur cg method MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Suspect . i think you'll have good results with it though....and how's little man doin????

@jlo; lmaoooo, i used to open bottles of poo n stuff wit my mouth too and HATED when i tasted it cuz its hard to get rid of the taste....eeeeh yuck!

Thank you and Ha! @ the miss jessie's comment...I will do a review on it in a few seconds...Jr. is good, a busy body, but he is doing really good! Thanks! MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_biggrin Eww, I can't open stuff with my mouth, bc of that happening...lol! My old thread is probably on page 10..lol!!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey! I log on to CN and look who's back among us! Can't wait to see your review on Miss Jessies. I probably still won't buy it but it always waves at me when I go to Target. Wink

Yes, it waved at me too! Too many times! ...lol!!! MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_lol
BlondeByDesire wrote:Hey MC! Welcome back ... how are you enjoying time at home?

Hey! I am enjoying it a lot. I will be headed to California in 2 weeks to see my husband so I am excited about that. Your puff is looking good!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th June 2010, 6:43 pm

Whoot whoot, Cali love!! I love you

where in California will you guys be??
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Empty Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding Review- With Pictures

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th June 2010, 6:46 pm

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding Review (video review will be coming soon!)

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today, I will review Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. Now, as you all may know, I follow the CG method (the Curly Girl Method) This means that I do not use products with silicones, mineral oil, or sulfates, because they can build up on the hair. I do not use direct heat heat such as flat irons, bc I do not want heat damage, etc, and it isnt the best thing for curls (of course, this is if it is used excessively). I have been following this method for a year now, since I have been natural (about 16 months) and have experienced wonderful results.

NOW- Miss Jessie's is not CG friendly at all. It has mineral oil and silicones in it...so one may ask, Why did Jess decided to try it, if she follows the CG method?

Well the answer is: Curiosity...I have heard so many great stories about this product since I have been natural, seen great YouTube reviews on this product, not to mention it is pretty popular and it is owned by two beautiful black women. The cake topper: it is sold at Target, easy access! Lol!!!

So, last week I decided to fall off my beloved CG ship and try it...Here is the review:

I purchased this product at Target after going back and fourth on whether I should buy it or not. I mean $38 is a lot for a curl definning product...after taxes it was $40! Uggh! MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_rolleyes and this is only 16 0z!

That night, I low poo'd using giovanni 50:50 shampoo and detangled my hair using suave naturals. I rinse that out, i could have left it in bc the MJ Curly Pudding is a definer not a moisturizer, but i didnt.

I apply a generous amount to my hair, all over, i didnt section it or anything. I applied it to dripping wet hair. I stepped out of the shower, clipped most of my hair up and from the back began shingling my hair with my fingers.

The product smells really good, kinda like grape bubble gum...so that was a plus, but the smell gets stronger and stronger which isnt all that good! After a while it became a problem.

After I finished shingling, my hair was defined and had elogation. Pretty good hunh?

Here is how it looked after the shingling process:

Please excuse my dry lips! Lol!!!

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! 00143

Okay, so I do not like my hair to dry like this... all flat and stuff...so I decided to take the blow dryer and blow it with cool air (without attachment) I have to buy a diffuser, i want to purchase the DevaFuser by DevaCurl..but i will get into that later...so i just took the blow dryer and let the air blow my curls...i did this upside down..i got this idea from Wes (www.honeybrownsugar.com)... I didnt use heat beacause, i did not want any damage, so i just used cool air. Doing this will give me volume.

Here is the finished product:

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Miss_j10

I love the way my hair turned out MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_biggrin ...

VERDICT

Pros

Locks in the curl definition that you already have pretty well
Has slip

Cons

Cost too much money (I can use a product that is cheaper, i.e. conditioner and get the same results if not better).

Smell is a little too strong

I do NOT like the ingredients for the price (will take KCCC over the MJ CP anyday, it is cheaper too)

Dries your hair...my hair felt like straw the next day...not good in my book...

Did I mention cost too much money... MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_eek MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_rolleyes MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Icon_smile

Will I repurchase?
Nope!

Bottom line: I am not bashing the line, but I feel that the products that I use already, can do the same thing for a cheaper price. All the products I use are not all natural, but they do have better ingredients than MJ's products. Not to mention, my hair is moisturized more with using conditioner compared to this product. I didnt really find anything special using the curly pudding, it defines your curls, but like i just stated Eco Styler Gel, or Conditioner or any other product can do that too, for a cheaper price...

Star System: *****

MJ Curly Pudding: **

I give it 2 out of 5 stars for my hair, definitely will not repurchase. The next day, I @#$%poo'd my hair and DC'd for 2 hours...back on my CG method!

Treseme naturals Nourishing Moisture Review Tomorrow!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th June 2010, 6:51 pm

Great review!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 16th June 2010, 7:02 pm

MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Star3 Thanks for the review MahoganyCurls- Treseme' Naturals Nourshing Moisture Review! Star3 ...the costs too much is one reason and the main reason I won't try MJ products.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th June 2010, 7:57 pm

Excellent review! I agree with the pros and cons you listed. You have definitely achieved this look with other products for a fraction of the cost and without all the yucky ingredients. I recently gave my MJ away in a swap. However, the PJ in me kind of wishes I'd at least given it a shot to satisfy my curiosity. Ah well... maybe some day... that $38 is a pretty good deterrent. Lol.

Have you tried the MiraCurl Curling Gelly or Original Fragrance Shop Curl Soufle?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next