CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Empty Week 2-Twist n Curl w/ shea butter = Epic Failure (for me)

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 5:12 pm

January 9-15th 2010

Okay guys- week two was okay. I decided to change things up mid week, and I retwisted my hair and did a twist n curl..with the shea. I just knew it was gonna turn out nicely!

Bad idea! I slept in the same rollers i used to spiral my hair and it was one of the worst nights ever!!!!!!

when I woke up the next morning and took it down this is how it turned out...funny pictures... The shea butter made my hair heavy and straight! Uggh! You can see the disgust I have about the turnout Lol! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 00110

My hair was a HAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugggh!

I had to pick my pup up from the groomers and I couldnt walk around looking like that..so i created a style...cant really remember how i did it...it is pulled up in an octupus clip..i think that is what it's called...

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 00210

So after that, I was like shea no more...and i will try smaller rods (perm rods..which i have now) for the TnC in the future...right now, just focusing on my twisting techniques...
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th January 2010, 5:26 pm

You may not like the results, but your pictures are too cute. I like the style your created. Good to know I'm not the only one with interesting results. I was I could be a brave as you are to post my pictures when my hair doesn't turn out right.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 5:44 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:You may not like the results, but your pictures are too cute. I like the style your created. Good to know I'm not the only one with interesting results. I was I could be a brave as you are to post my pictures when my hair doesn't turn out right.

Awww! thanks! I think the first picture is horrible! My hair was jacked up! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_razz
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th January 2010, 6:13 pm

You take the best pictures.

The end result was nice though.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 6:28 pm

MahoganyCurls,

I'm gonna leave the CG method to you. I recently found out what my hair loves so I am gonna stick with it. I am gonna start the challenge on the 1st of February. I am gonna put mini twist in my hair on Sunday night....keep them in til Friday or Saturday....twist out and retwist on Sunday again. I will post pics in my BnB thread.

I'll will be checking here from time to time for motivation! Good luck to your too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 6:36 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:MahoganyCurls,

I'm gonna leave the CG method to you. I recently found out what my hair loves so I am gonna stick with it. I am gonna start the challenge on the 1st of February. I am gonna put mini twist in my hair on Sunday night....keep them in til Friday or Saturday....twist out and retwist on Sunday again. I will post pics in my BnB thread.

I'll will be checking here from time to time for motivation! Good luck to your too.

Great! I say, do what works for you because it is your hair! I will be checking up on you as well for this challenge! Thank you!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 6:37 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:You take the best pictures.

The end result was nice though.

Thank you! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 27th January 2010, 6:39 pm

I'm loving your twistout pics! Very cute! How long have you been natural? When I twist my hair, I can't get my twists to look as chunky as yours.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 27th January 2010, 6:48 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:I'm loving your twistout pics! Very cute! How long have you been natural? When I twist my hair, I can't get my twists to look as chunky as yours.

Thank you! I have been natural 11 months. It will actually be a year in about 2 weeks. I didnt really transition (2 months=8 wks), just shaved all my hair lol!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_lol

This week i twisted my hair with pretty chunky twists. I will post pictures friday of my twists and twistout I did/will do this week. Last week (the video) I made really small twists. I like my two strands to be kinda chunky, so I try to make bigger sections..then, when I take the twist apart, I find seperating once or twice make them chunkier...I found that fluffing my hair is a total disaster, and it will look like the picture, I have with a frown on my face!

have you tried making larger twists..I am still working on perfecting my medium/large twists, I want them to be neater. They are getting better, look much better compared to week one..I figured that twisting takes practice, the same goes for twistouts. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_smile

Again, thank you!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th January 2010, 7:35 pm

love the challenge!!! btw: ur hair is fab!!

actually, i pretty much wear my hair in two strand twists the majority of the time (like for three or four weeks) and then wear my hair out for a week. i just co-wash/poo with my hair in the twists, dc, rinse, gently untwists, detangle and retwist with my shea mix. i have found this is the best way for my hair, as it keeps those fairy knots at bay FOR SURE. i noticed my hair grows better/'faster' this way. and two strand twists are so versatile!!! oh, and i love chiselcouture!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th January 2010, 8:56 pm

LOL I love the style you created and that first picture is priceless!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 27th January 2010, 10:20 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:
CurlsGalore wrote:I'm loving your twistout pics! Very cute! How long have you been natural? When I twist my hair, I can't get my twists to look as chunky as yours.

Thank you! I have been natural 11 months. It will actually be a year in about 2 weeks. I didnt really transition (2 months=8 wks), just shaved all my hair lol!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_lol

This week i twisted my hair with pretty chunky twists. I will post pictures friday of my twists and twistout I did/will do this week. Last week (the video) I made really small twists. I like my two strands to be kinda chunky, so I try to make bigger sections..then, when I take the twist apart, I find seperating once or twice make them chunkier...I found that fluffing my hair is a total disaster, and it will look like the picture, I have with a frown on my face!

have you tried making larger twists..I am still working on perfecting my medium/large twists, I want them to be neater. They are getting better, look much better compared to week one..I figured that twisting takes practice, the same goes for twistouts. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_smile

Again, thank you!

Thanks for the breakdown! I'll be 8 months natural next month. Twistouts are my sig style at the moment. I just love them! I tend to twist kinda small, too. I'm thinking I'm twisting chunky, but the sections are much smaller than yours. I'm going through an in between stage with my hair, and I dealing with shorter hair in the back and longer hair on the sides and front. Here is my most recent twists/twistout style.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10810.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10811.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10812.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10813.jpg

I think I'll join in your challenge. I'm improving my twisting techniques, too, and I'd like to keep it going!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 4:50 am

That was a cute end result, MC MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th January 2010, 8:08 am

CurlsGalore wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

Again, thank you!

Thanks for the breakdown! I'll be 8 months natural next month. Twistouts are my sig style at the moment. I just love them! I tend to twist kinda small, too. I'm thinking I'm twisting chunky, but the sections are much smaller than yours. I'm going through an in between stage with my hair, and I dealing with shorter hair in the back and longer hair on the sides and front. Here is my most recent twists/twistout style.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10810.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10811.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10812.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/49/24/41/sdc10813.jpg

I think I'll join in your challenge. I'm improving my twisting techniques, too, and I'd like to keep it going!

I absolutely love your hair! Your twists look good and are so shiny and your twistout is awesome! It would be great to join the challenge. I have noticed a difference already in my twisting skills...will post new pics today from this week. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th January 2010, 8:09 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:That was a cute end result, MC MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_smile

Thanks girl! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_smile
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th January 2010, 8:10 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:LOL I love the style you created and that first picture is priceless!!

Thank you MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin . Yes, that first picture was a mess MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_mad
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th January 2010, 8:13 am

dajewel wrote:love the challenge!!! btw: ur hair is fab!!

actually, i pretty much wear my hair in two strand twists the majority of the time (like for three or four weeks) and then wear my hair out for a week. i just co-wash/poo with my hair in the twists, dc, rinse, gently untwists, detangle and retwist with my shea mix. i have found this is the best way for my hair, as it keeps those fairy knots at bay FOR SURE. i noticed my hair grows better/'faster' this way. and two strand twists are so versatile!!! oh, and i love chiselcouture!!

Yes, I remember reading that you do that! I may have to try it one day. Thank you! Yes, Cali is cool, her videos are awesome as well as many other youtubers! I am subbed to so many ppl! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_razz So, you did notice a decrease in the fairy knots? I think I am noticing a little difference, I will still find a few, but I have only been on this challenge 4 weeks...wow! Time flies!!! Whenever, I find a fairy knot, I grab my hair sheers, and snip that little monster! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_evil

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 28th January 2010, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Empty Week 3 and Week 4- Things are getting better!

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th January 2010, 9:06 am

Week 3- January 17-22, 2010

Week 3 was much better than week 2. I just eliminated the shea butter and sealed my hair with EVOO. My twists and twistout turned out much better. The twistout video I posted on youtube is from that week. So I will not post pictures.

Week 4-January 24-29, 2010

Again, another great week regarding the twists. I will wear a twistout tomorrow. This time I made my twists a little bigger, but not as big as week one. I am trying to work on making medium/large twists with smaller parts. If that makes any sense. I think they turned out a little better. I twisted my hair while it was wet. I said that I want to focus on improving my twists and twistouts since i had a hard time with them. Yesterday, (Wednesday) they were fuzzy so, I touched up each twist. All I did was take down a twist, one by one, dampen my hair with a little water using my finger and sealed with EVOO. Then I retwisted. I like the look.

I noticed the less you keep your hands out of your twists, it reduces frizz. It is kinda like a wash n go. I also, removed a few fairy knots that I found (search and destroy). Hopefully, I will have a successful twistout tomorrow! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

My two strand twists (this week) Week 4

Freshly Twisted Hair (Sunday 1-25-10)

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 00111

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 00310

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 00410

I retwisted my hair Yesterday (Wednesday 1-27-10) bc they were fuzzy I actually think the twists look a little better... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 Icon_surprised

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 00510

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 2 00610

Sunday, I will try to make smaller parts, with nice medium size twists...
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th January 2010, 10:31 am

So are you using anything to define the twists? I know you seal with EVOO.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 28th January 2010, 11:17 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:So are you using anything to define the twists? I know you seal with EVOO.

Right now, I am using herbal essence hello hydration as my leave in. But I only use it when twist my hair the first day. When i re touched the twists, I just used a little water and EVOO since, I used conditioner the other day.
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th January 2010, 12:02 pm

Your twist look adorable! Your hair looks a lot like my niece. What do you use for sheen/shine? Is it coming from the EVOO?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th January 2010, 3:08 pm

Good seeing you again. I see I made the cut for the TWA video after much trial and error. Lol. I too need to embark myself on a twist challenge. Right now I'm getting mine done by a stylist, but that cost is no joke. And I need to ensure that I take the best care of my hair (something I don't think the stylist is doing). Good luck to you. I need more than luck, I need prayer. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th January 2010, 6:22 pm

Your twists are looking really good! Great job! I'm going to try twisting mine thicker and chunkier and check out my results! I'll do my best to leave them in for more than 3 days...but IDK.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th January 2010, 6:23 pm

Your twists are looking really good! Great job! I'm going to try twisting mine thicker and chunkier and check out my results! I'll do my best to leave them in for more than 3 days...but IDK.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 28th January 2010, 8:47 pm

I need to desperately keeps my hands out my hair!!!

Four months is tough for me, but I will accept your challenge MC!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next