CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much styling is bad for your hair?

3 posters

Go down

How much styling is bad for your hair? Empty How much styling is bad for your hair?

Post by photobscura 19th January 2010, 4:11 am

How often can you style your hair a week without damaging it? Is it bad to put it in curlers more than 2-3 a week? I'm still learning a lot about natural hair and I'm wondering how much styling is too much styling and can potentionally damage your hair. Any knowledge on this would be great.

Thanks!
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

How much styling is bad for your hair? Empty Re: How much styling is bad for your hair?

Post by NhappyJackie 19th January 2010, 2:33 pm

If you are styling with heat, 2-3times a week can cause heat damage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but styling too much can be slightly damaging if you are trying to retain growth. Styling too much can lead to split ends and breakage which are to two culprits of slow/no growth.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

How much styling is bad for your hair? Empty Re: How much styling is bad for your hair?

Post by truet 19th January 2010, 8:54 pm

JackieJ205 wrote:If you are styling with heat, 2-3times a week can cause heat damage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but styling too much can be slightly damaging if you are trying to retain growth. Styling too much can lead to split ends and breakage which are to two culprits of slow/no growth.

I agree it is best to let hair rest for a couple of weeks with protectives styles. Try to avoid to much combing and styling.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down