CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

difficulty styling transitioning hair

+3
naturallybjones
mocha_mom
komirra
7 posters

Go down

difficulty styling transitioning hair Empty difficulty styling transitioning hair

Post by komirra 1st November 2010, 4:27 pm

its been a year since i relaxer my hair this month and for the past 3 months ii have had major difficulty stying my hair. its like its in some awkward stage tht make it harrd to style. theres too much natural to bunn, nor do i really think buns are cute. and too much to use a banana clip with either. im really not sure what to do to acheive 2nd day hair after my twist outs start getting raunchy. i just dont have time to retwist it every nite. does anyone have styling suggestions besides braids, or shud i just big chop?
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

difficulty styling transitioning hair Empty Re: difficulty styling transitioning hair

Post by mocha_mom 1st November 2010, 9:53 pm

Big chop. You sound JUST like me about 3 months ago. (bc'd aug 4th of this year) I had a hit a wall, and I was about to go on vacation, so I cut it. BEST DECISION ever! I also transitioned a year. Don't think you're ready? Then I hate to tell ya but...you're gonna have put in the extra work(twists, buns, etc) until you are. But I do hope you chop, you're gonna love it!!! Hope I helped..good luck!
mocha_mom
mocha_mom

Back to top Go down

difficulty styling transitioning hair Empty Re: difficulty styling transitioning hair

Post by komirra 3rd November 2010, 12:13 am

i really hope i can. i have came to the decision this past week that I am offically ready. i just need to fully convience my mom. who is a little relauctant to the natural thing, but reagrdless its gonna have to happen. my relaxed ends are just too damaged to be able to do anything with. i mean theres only like 3 in of relaxed left, i dont have much i hold on to, lol
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by mocha_mom 3rd November 2010, 12:52 am

let em go girl! Lol! Tell mom she'll be alright, it's not like she's never seen you natural before, u were born that way after all! However long it takes, I really do wish u all the best Smile I love being natural, best thing I've ever done for myself.
mocha_mom
mocha_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallybjones 3rd November 2010, 1:16 am

I've been having this problem too and I've been transitioning for a year myself. The majority of my hair in the back is natural, but the front is still coming along and the left side is permanently straight. I want to do a flat twist out, but I don't know how to do anything to the scalp...sad I know. I started having difficulty with mine after I got this really weird haircut. I get tired of rolling it every week b/c it's a hit and miss all the time. Grrr...I need to BC myself.
naturallybjones
naturallybjones

http://lefthandscribble.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by komirra 3rd November 2010, 2:51 pm

we,ll girls i just BC'ed!! mu mom was surprisingly cool about it. I LOVE it. i just twisted it so im gonna rock a twist out tomorrow. Smile
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 3rd November 2010, 3:17 pm

komirra wrote:we,ll girls i just BC'ed!! mu mom was surprisingly cool about it. I LOVE it. i just twisted it so im gonna rock a twist out tomorrow. Smile

Congrats! have fun with your hair
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mocha_mom 3rd November 2010, 4:04 pm

CONGRATS!!!! can I take the credit? Lol Smile
mocha_mom
mocha_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 3rd November 2010, 4:07 pm

CONGRATS on the BC!!!! Now you are going to have to share some of those natural styles with us!!! cheers
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 3rd November 2010, 4:38 pm

komirra wrote:its been a year since i relaxer my hair this month and for the past 3 months ii have had major difficulty stying my hair. its like its in some awkward stage tht make it harrd to style. theres too much natural to bunn, nor do i really think buns are cute. and too much to use a banana clip with either. im really not sure what to do to acheive 2nd day hair after my twist outs start getting raunchy. i just dont have time to retwist it every nite. does anyone have styling suggestions besides braids, or shud i just big chop?

komirra wrote:we,ll girls i just BC'ed!! mu mom was surprisingly cool about it. I LOVE it. i just twisted it so im gonna rock a twist out tomorrow. Smile
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 3rd November 2010, 4:43 pm

woot!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd November 2010, 4:45 pm

Welcome to 100% natural hair. Now you can get your fro on afro
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by komirra 3rd November 2010, 5:22 pm

lol mocha_mom u can take the credit lol! i really love the fro. its soo me, thanks eveyrbody for the love <3 my friends can't wait to see it Smile
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down