CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!! Styling products needed for 4a/b hair!!

+4
CocoEuro
StephanieB
knatural
ktoliver5303
8 posters

Go down

Help!! Styling products needed for 4a/b hair!! Empty Help!! Styling products needed for 4a/b hair!!

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd February 2010, 10:50 am

HHEELLLLPPPPP MEEEEE!!! I have purchased a lot of head bands that I now have to give a way. WHY?? You may ask.. Because my hair is now wwaayyy to thick for ANY headband to hold down!! So I was wondering is there a super duper hair product that I can use in my hair to hold it down or style to were by mid day my head band is not sitting at the front of my hair because my hair has pushed it up to the hair line.. I am getting SO FRUSTRATED with my hair it is unreal. I love my hair, and being natural but I am super done wit just doing the TWA and headband or scarf ( they are starting to give me headaches by the end of the day). Because I am super duper tired of the same look. I NEED SOMETHING NEW!! New Products and Style. Because my super thick hair is like NOTHING IS HOLDING ME DOWN HEFFA!! HEEELLLPPPP MMMEEE!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Help!! Styling products needed for 4a/b hair!! Empty Re: Help!! Styling products needed for 4a/b hair!!

Post by knatural 23rd February 2010, 1:12 pm

Your hair looks like it is long enough for twists. My hair got too thick for headbands too so I started wearing twists and twist outs. You can twist your hair with JAM(regular) or with Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Before applying the product, spray your hair with water and detangle. Apply the styling product of your choice and twist. You can check this link http://knaturalandknit.blogspot.com/2010/02/twists-using-kinky-curly-curling.html
Hope this helps! Hey my hubby is in Iraq too. Be careful and stay safe!
knatural
knatural

http://knaturalandknit.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Help!! Styling products needed for 4a/b hair!! Empty Re: Help!! Styling products needed for 4a/b hair!!

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd February 2010, 1:55 pm

I tried that and it came out horrible. Like i literally had on a hoody that whole day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The funny thing is that my friend keeps telling me to use JAM but I am like that dries my hair out AND I gave her my Curling Custard. Darn the luck much!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 23rd February 2010, 2:14 pm

I put a Goody elastic headband on first and then put on the pretty headband.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd February 2010, 2:57 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:I tried that and it came out horrible. Like i literally had on a hoody that whole day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The funny thing is that my friend keeps telling me to use JAM but I am like that dries my hair out AND I gave her my Curling Custard. Darn the luck much!

I heard Eco Styling Gel is good! From my experience, the thicker your hair gets the stronger hold you will need. Half of my heart is in Iraq too! : ( Stay blessed and safe!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd February 2010, 3:10 pm

Where can I get Eco Styling Gel from?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd February 2010, 3:26 pm

I would definitely try amazon.com...they should be able to ship to APO with no problem.
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 23rd February 2010, 3:35 pm

And beauty supplu store should have eco styler gel like sally's
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd February 2010, 3:43 pm

I will try Amazon, because If they put a Sally's in Bag-h-dad it will be time for me to go home. LOL!! But no I will check, I was told I am way to much of a PJ but this will be my last I promise!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd February 2010, 7:42 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:I will try Amazon, because If they put a Sally's in Bag-h-dad it will be time for me to go home. LOL!! But no I will check, I was told I am way to much of a PJ but this will be my last I promise!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL @ Sally's in Baghdad! ~ AAFES would not be having that!! LOL!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 26th February 2010, 5:21 am

That will be funny though. We have everything else here, delivery Chinese food and all.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 27th February 2010, 3:08 pm

I have very thick curly hair too and I found my staple products that work best on my hair JBCO qhemet amla heavy cream, qhemet olive oil and honey balm, s-curl gel and activator, all of the above products have glycerin (exception of JBOC)which have made my hair super soft, made my curls pop, and mostly keep my hair moisturized. I also use a daily mix spray of leave-in, oils, and water to also keep the hair soft....instead of headbands I some times make 2 twists in the front and clip them with a barret as u can see in my pic...gives u more versatility....hth!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 27th February 2010, 3:11 pm

Where can I get those products.. MAN O MAN!! You ladies hair ROCK!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 3:14 pm

What helps me is after I put the eco styler gel on my edges, I tie them down with a scarf for about 10 minutes. It helps keep them smooth down.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 27th February 2010, 3:16 pm

see that is my issue... THESE EDGES!!! i want to slick my hair back further but can't... I am going to order today!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 27th February 2010, 3:21 pm

StephanieB wrote:I put a Goody elastic headband on first and then put on the pretty headband.

this is what I do!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 27th February 2010, 4:10 pm

ok cool... You hair (n body) is bangin girl!! I know you killin them when you walk down the street or go to the gym.. Get it Gurl!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down