CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styling & Hair Growth

+2
Mzbush
Miz B
6 posters

Go down

Styling & Hair Growth Empty Styling & Hair Growth

Post by Miz B 17th May 2010, 7:09 pm

Alot of naturals have problem areas of slow growth, and I'm one of them. The very front of my hair, therefore, causing me to have limited styling! I can't part my hair for this simple fact, and I'm very frustrated. Right now, my fro is just round and that's the way it's growing. I usually style it in a twist n curl fro hawk, or wear head bands. I've never really been a part down the middle kind of person so that doesn't bother me but when I was relaxed I would part on the side. Anyone have any styling suggestions for hair that's shorter in the front? uuugg. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Styling & Hair Growth Empty Re: Styling & Hair Growth

Post by Mzbush 19th May 2010, 2:14 pm

I'm having the same problem! My hair isn't that short in the front but it is way thinner than the rest so my styles look a little off balance. I am practicing flat twisting and corn rowing my hair so that I keep keep the pressure off of it and maybe it will grow.
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 19th May 2010, 3:36 pm

I seem to have the opposite problem. The hair in the front of my head is longer than the back and middle. It used to me more noticeable when I straighten my hair. Now that I've figured that out I'm a lot gentler with my hair and give myself weekly scalp massages. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 20th May 2010, 2:23 pm

i'm looking forward to reading the responses.
i have the same problem. the front of my hair and the temples seems to be growing at a rate thats half as fast as the rest of my head. the back when stretched is almost to the end of my neck, the sides are chin length, and the middle is way longer too. I usu. just do a TnC, or twist out and wear a headband--which is getting kinda old. i really wanna be able to wear my hair out but its not even enough *sigh*

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 20th May 2010, 7:36 pm

When I BCed, I cut the hair in the front much shorter than everywhere else. Now that its growing out, its growing to the front instead of straight back. LoL, its looking like a bang in the front. I just use headbands to pull it back for now.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by lechatnoir324 26th May 2010, 11:48 am

Miz B wrote:Alot of naturals have problem areas of slow growth, and I'm one of them. The very front of my hair, therefore, causing me to have limited styling! I can't part my hair for this simple fact, and I'm very frustrated. Right now, my fro is just round and that's the way it's growing. I usually style it in a twist n curl fro hawk, or wear head bands. I've never really been a part down the middle kind of person so that doesn't bother me but when I was relaxed I would part on the side. Anyone have any styling suggestions for hair that's shorter in the front? uuugg. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My hair isn't long enough for this, but I would try a twisted or braided hair headband (the video for the braided headband is in the styles section on this site). So that the hair in the front is out of the way.
lechatnoir324
lechatnoir324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down