CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning without patience!

+12
naturallyunique
msjakkia
NotBillieJean
MsIconic
ktoliver5303
splitsun
veggiegirl314
AfrikanLatina
naturalfabulosity
nappibutterfli
Iomer
MizCarter
16 posters

Go down

Transitioning without patience! Empty Transitioning without patience!

Post by MizCarter 23rd October 2009, 9:10 pm

How do you remain calm while transitioning? I am so anxious to find out what my natural texture is like and it's only been 6 weeks. I want to do the BC but I'm nervous at the same time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My relaxed hair
MizCarter
MizCarter

Back to top Go down

Transitioning without patience! Empty Re: Transitioning without patience!

Post by Iomer 24th October 2009, 2:56 am

I feel the same way! I have been transitioning for 13 weeks and have hair scissors that I stare at every time I look in the mirror trying to get the courage to cut my hair, but I know I'm not ready. I want to BC on New Years. I feel like it will be a good way to start the year and I'll have 5-6 months of new growth.

When do you think you want to BC?
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nappibutterfli 24th October 2009, 3:38 am

I felt the same way upon doing my BC! I was super anxious about seeing my natural hair texture and I was also scissor happy:) I was nervous about what other people would say about my new look....But something got a hold of me and I went to town on those relaxed ends Very Happy I dont regret it at all now! Im so in love with my TWA!!! Nappy Growings transitioners~
nappibutterfli
nappibutterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalfabulosity 24th October 2009, 11:18 am

you are not alone!!! I have been transitioning for the past 10 months and I think all fellow transitioners are feeling the same way! I think it all depends on the look you are wishing to achieve. If you are ready to rock your TWA...then chop in confidence and rock it fabulously :-) If you are wanting to achieve length first then Patience is a virtue....stay strong sista curly in which ever decission your choose :-) I wore braids for 3 months of my current transition and almost went scissor happy at the end....I am so happy I didnt...I had way more new growth than ever imaginable...happy transitioning
naturalfabulosity
naturalfabulosity

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 24th October 2009, 12:30 pm

I did the BC on a whim this past Valentines Day. I had finally found a natural hair salon in my area and had planned to just go in for a consultation. Well there was just something about this salon that made me feel so comfortable, so at home. Seeing these women with their beautiful locs and looking at pictures of afros, comb coils, twists, braids, locs,etc. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was so anxious and just said," Cut it off!" I had been transitioning for about 7 months at that point so I had lots of new growth. Sometimes just jumping right in head first is what the Dr ordered. Me and my hunny painted the town red that Valentines Day. He loved it and so did I. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegirl314 25th October 2009, 5:48 pm

I definitely felt the same way when I was transitioning. I had planned on transitioning for at least a year, but gave in around the 8 month mark. I was so anxious to see what my natural hair looked like!

I don't have a single regret about doing the BC early.
veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314

http://www.twitter.com/veggiegirl314

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 31st October 2009, 8:09 am

Three months in and I really feel to go at it. I've decided to let it get to the 6 mth mark in January 2010 and decide if I want to BC then. I'm really excited about it. I'm actually getting tired of my hair and want something simple enough to just wake up, wash and go. I was thinking of doing a long transition but I'm over trying to keep my old hair and length.

Do it when it feels right for you, don't rush it. Set a goal maybe, like you'll wait til the end of the month and if you still feel that you want to BC, i say go for it.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Transitioning without patience! Empty RE: Transitioning Without Patience

Post by Iomer 31st October 2009, 9:37 pm

splitsun wrote:Three months in and I really feel to go at it. I've decided to let it get to the 6 mth mark in January 2010 and decide if I want to BC then. I'm really excited about it. I'm actually getting tired of my hair and want something simple enough to just wake up, wash and go. I was thinking of doing a long transition but I'm over trying to keep my old hair and length.

Do it when it feels right for you, don't rush it. Set a goal maybe, like you'll wait til the end of the month and if you still feel that you want to BC, i say go for it.

I will be at the 6th month in January too! I want to BC then too, on New Years Eve. Kind of to start the year different and fresh. afro
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 5th November 2009, 9:19 am

I have ZERO patience. I had my last perm in June that is when I put braids in my hair. I took my Braids down September 1 and was wearing wigs, and i attempted braid outs. Well I was sitting at my desk on September 10, 2009 and something came over me so I marched over to the beauty shop, sat down in the chair with my hands and voice shaking... I then took of my wig...And told him to cut it off.

I shocked EVERYONE!! Including my husband who is thousands of miles away. I got on the phone and told him and he dropped the phone. LOL! But though I was nervous, I LOVE MY TWA!

I transitioned for 3 months and two and a half of those months I had braids in my hair.

I wear different headbands, scarfs, and accessories in it to match whatever I am wearing. And I am what I like to say a Cutie Pie! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My Later Perm (Office in Iraq):

Me with Braids (Port of Spain, Trinidad June 09):

My first Twist Outs (In my office October 09):

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14479046/8][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/url]

ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by MsIconic 10th November 2009, 9:26 pm

i got my last relaxer august 11th. it's actually ironic, because that was my first relaxer in 6 months. my last relaxer before that had been easter eve. i get frustrated because i feel like i could have had almost 9 months of new growth by now. i always waited 5-6 months between relaxers anyways, but now that i'm transitioning, it seems like the time is going by soooo slow for me. i want it to be next year already so i can have a lot of new growth and chop the relaxer out!
MsIconic
MsIconic

http://www.almostsimple.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NotBillieJean 14th November 2009, 3:21 pm

I transitioned for almost 8 mos. every time I washed my hair I wanted to start chopping off. Its hard, in my opinion, i think its better to do the bc early than deal with all of that.

NotBillieJean

Back to top Go down

Post by msjakkia 8th December 2009, 4:11 pm

I am now in my 11th month of transition. I don't want to chop at all. I went and got a "trim" about 3 weeks ago and she cut an inch and half off of permed ends. Any other time I would have been upset, and for a second I was but then I remembered that it was the goal to get rid of the relaxer and I felt better. The two lengths is the most frustrating part. I still will not be bc'in anytime soon. I plan to transition for 18 months to 2 years, so you never notice a difference in length during the transition. I may get sick of it and do it sooner, but june is my goal for now and then braids after for a hair break. It has been rough but I can admit when my hair is done, it is the BOMB!!! It is so big and full and pretty!!! That motivates me to keep going, I have gone this long with the perm so I have past the hard part to me.
msjakkia
msjakkia

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyunique 8th December 2009, 8:15 pm

Ohhh this thread right here SPEAKS to me!!!

2 nights ago, i was washing & conditioning my hair in preparation for a kinky twist install yesterday...During detangling, I had the scissors sitting right next to me (to trim ends/cut out knots) but I almost SERIOUSLY cut off ALL my relaxed ends about 5 times...then yesterday, when I got to the shop where I got my kinky twists done..the lady had to detangle some more and trim and i was bout to tell her just CUT IT OFF!!! multiple times lol.

The longer it gets, the more frustrating it gets..for me at least. Detangling is my biggest ENEMY! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It seems like everytime I wash/detangle, I move up my BC date lol. I was originally was gonna BC in July 2010 (cuz that would make 1 year) then I moved it to graduation time in May 2010 then I moved it to April 2010...and now after my recent experience, im thinking February 2010 (w/ about 7 months of growth) when I take these twists out! I'm sooo impatient!

We can do it!!! Hang in there ladies!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturallyunique
naturallyunique

Back to top Go down

Post by blknbutiful1 10th December 2009, 1:16 am

I have been transitioning for about 8 months now and I just don't know what to do with my hair. Recently, I flat ironed it but I don't want to do this too often. I purchased Miss Jeesie's baby butter cream and curly buttercreme (since they are currently on sale, buy one get one), to see how it will work on my hair. I don't want to do the BC, but recently I REALLY feel like cutting it ALL off. If I could only find a style I could maintain for more than a day or two. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Any suggestions????? PLEASE HELP
blknbutiful1
blknbutiful1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay 12th December 2009, 3:49 am

OH don't I know what you mean blknbutiful1 about cutting it all off !!! I am suppose to be transitioning for a year but that will be more and likely cut short this month.

Have you tried a twist out? That's been my staple for the last 9 months.
Tay
Tay

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 12th December 2009, 2:02 pm

@MizCarter,,,I know just how you feel. I have been transitioning since September and and my hair is growing out quite well and I can see my curly texture coming in but I am so anxious to see all my hair and no more of this chemically treated stuff. I straighten my hair for the second time since I have been transitioning to cut my ends and I was so scissor happy the other night and ready to just cut it all off. But I held back. lol I admit, this is a process, no doubt but I want my hair to grow out enough where I can wear it and feel comfortable ya know. We can do this together my soon to be curly sista. cheers
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Winternights 21st February 2011, 12:26 am

I BC'd this morning after reading this thread (its almost 2 yrs old lol). I had a bc dream, woke up and snipped off my ends. To my surprise, my natural hair could be but in a ponytail and I think I oversnipped. My transition period (that was unintentional) has taught me that the KISS method works, keeping hair moisturized, and my body healthy will give me great growth.

Winternights

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down