CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted

+26
MichelleNW
Uneekjewel
CrissyQ
bmari3
Naturally Nu*
Peachtree
Nikcoils
SisterBoyd
MsAnkh
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
EllaMomi2002
LaToya28
BajanPrincess82
CurlsGalore
naturalhonney
Sunshinecurls
ChrsLvsBks
splitsun
Tmochava
TerraD
Erica5417
HAMPTONSFNST
cutephantasm
jlowman1
Stacye
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration  and Totally Twisted Empty Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted

Post by Stacye 12th January 2010, 4:56 pm

I see people rave about 2 Herbal Essences products on the boards the most: Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted . I want to try one but would like to see if someone with hair similar to mine can give me some insight before I purchase.

If you use one of these products what type of hair do you have ( 3b, 4b, etc. ) and out of Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted, which one do you prefer and why?
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration  and Totally Twisted Empty Re: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted

Post by jlowman1 12th January 2010, 6:36 pm

I have 3c all over, 4b on the nape of my neck and I use both and get great results! I think Totally Twisted gave me a tincy wincy bit more slip but they both are great!

I'd probably lean a bit more towards Hello Hydration just because the smell is soooo awesome.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration  and Totally Twisted Empty Re: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted

Post by Stacye 12th January 2010, 6:47 pm

thanks jlowman1!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 12th January 2010, 8:06 pm

hello hydration is definitely more moisturizing, however, I prefer totally twisted for defining my curls or doing a WNG
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 12th January 2010, 8:06 pm

btw if im not doing a wng, hello hydration is what i lean towards!!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 13th January 2010, 3:07 pm

I recently purchased both but haven't used either because I was finishing my VO5 Strawberries n Creme conditioner. Get both. They're currently on sale at CVS
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 13th January 2010, 3:19 pm

I don't know my hair type but I always preferred Totally Twisted over Hello Hydration.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 5:40 pm

Hello Hydration makes my hair extra soft, I think I have like 3c/4a type hair
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 13th January 2010, 5:51 pm

I haven't tried either one so I just bought both. That way I can just alternate.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 13th January 2010, 8:56 pm

I have no idea what my type is (I just use what seems to go with my hair). I've tried Hello Hydration and I'm addicted. It's really good for moisture, makes your hair soft to the touch and smells delish.

I will be trying totally twisted soon.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th January 2010, 10:57 am

My hair's texture is medium and my curl sizes range from waves to pen sized. I LOVE HE HH. Check the ingredients on the bottles. I believe the first five ingredients are different. My hair detangles nicely with HE HH and it is also moisturizing. I use it in a spritz of water and aloe vera gel (100% organic).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshinecurls 14th January 2010, 12:18 pm

Anyone use the Long Term Relationship? Anywho the line is on sale at Target. The big bottles are $5 and the small ones are $2.99.
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 18th January 2010, 4:09 am

I'm all for Hello Hydration!! I get the big bottle from BJ's.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 18th January 2010, 1:44 pm

Love this stuff! I'm using HH Hello Hydration. Has great slip and smells yummy. Unsure of my hair type.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 18th January 2010, 2:18 pm

They are so cheap, just get both! I haven't used totally twisted yet, but I love hello hydration. I have 3c/4a hair and use hh for my wash and go's and twist-outs/braid-outs.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 28th March 2010, 7:24 pm

I just bought the big bottle of Hello Hydration and I love it!! I should have gotten 2 or 3 of them. It smells delish and moisturizes like nobody's business. I will be using it on me and my two daughters from now on! I'm going to pick up the smaller bottle of Totally Twisted to see how I like it.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMomi2002 28th March 2010, 8:26 pm

I just bought Hello Hydration after reading all the rave reviews about it. It is very moisturizing and smells heavenly. My hair feels and smells great all day. I think I'm a 4a/b.

I haven't tried Totally Twisted. There are SO many products on my to try list.
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th March 2010, 8:54 pm

I must try HE HH. I am trying to stay away from cones though and I thought this had cones in it. I can't remember, I'll have to look at the ingredients again.

Anyway has anyone tried the HE Totally Twisted mousse? I have a new bottle and I was wondering if anyone had success with it. I don't know about my hair and mousse. I think I'm going to list it on the swap board if I can't return it to my Target.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th March 2010, 9:14 pm

I love HH for the moisture and the smell but I think I think the TT a little bit more. I also just bought the TT mousse. I'm still playing around with it but it has defined my curls a lot better than just my IC gel, so I'll probably stick with it until I find something else
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MsAnkh 28th March 2010, 9:32 pm

Are these leave ins or something that I need to rinse out?
MsAnkh
MsAnkh

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th March 2010, 9:34 pm

Both. I use mine as leave ins, rinse outs, and sometimes in my spritz.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th March 2010, 9:36 pm

Are you guys using it for cowashing or leave-in...or both?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th March 2010, 9:37 pm

MsAnkh wrote:Are these leave ins or something that I need to rinse out?

Great minds think alike hahahaha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th March 2010, 9:39 pm

I've used HH as a leave-in for the conditioner only method and it worked well. I don't think I've use the TT...

I've used other HE conditioners for cowashes. Tousle Me was a good cowasher - great slip!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MsAnkh 28th March 2010, 9:41 pm

I have used both for cowashing (and I loved them) but I was wondering if I could use them as a leave-in.
MsAnkh
MsAnkh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next