CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VMichelle

+23
MsJay1121
blondie
.:Eden:.
NaturalChica
ColdDiva
curly+kinky+fierce
Freestyles
Miss CurlyT
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
HumanNature
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
tiashaunteé
Courtney
truet
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
vmichelle
27 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

VMichelle - Page 3 Empty Re: VMichelle

Post by vmichelle 3rd January 2010, 1:50 pm

Thanks Intelligentbeatuty

@tiashauntee PLEASE post pics..I love the texture of your hair and would love to see the results!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

VMichelle - Page 3 Empty Doing my first DC today!!!

Post by vmichelle 3rd January 2010, 1:53 pm

Hey Ladies,

I will be doing my first deep conditioner today. I
hope that it turns out well. I will be using Aubrey Organics
Honeysuckle Rose. I will let you know that results!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 3rd January 2010, 2:41 pm

Love the results of your flat twist out! Maybe the next time I decide to do a twist out I'll try the flat twist out and see how that works instead of individual twists. I did it on dry hair before and No. So I'll try it on damp hair later this week!

Oh, and def don't tone down the model shots. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2010, 6:25 pm

love the new avatar!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 7:10 pm

I like the new avatar too!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 3rd January 2010, 7:21 pm

Thanks ladies!

@traveljunkie..I will join your challenge when I have enough products and find my staples! LOL. I twist my hair when it semi damp. I think my hair does better with this method. I have never used moisturizer when twisting them (for hold). Im still waiting on my shea butter to come in the mail. As soon as I do that I am SURE the results will come out much better. I may be able to do them dry, but I haven't tried that method yet. Make sure you post pics when you try the flat twist method!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

VMichelle - Page 3 Empty OOOOOOH I think I LOVE you!!!

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 12:23 pm

Sooooooo,

I am head over heals over here VMichelle - Page 3 678474 . I tried Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose as a DC yesterday and it had my hair feeling like soft butter cotton! (made up word, I know!). I was a little worried because as I was putting it on it seemed really thick! I thought it was going to leave behind a white residue, but boy was I wrong. It left a really nice sheen on my hair and my curls were popping without any product (I should have taken pictures, but I will next time I promise!) Here is what I did:

I loosened up my flat twist with my fingers to detangle them a little bit, parted my hair into four sections and them applied the conditioner on my dry hair (focusing on the ends). I am not sure if this is the reason that my hair came out so soft, but anytime I use this now I will do it on dry hair. I let it stay on for about 20 minutes and them washed it out with cool/luke warm water. I was amazed at how manageable my hair was. I could run my fingers right though it and most importantly it was SOFT!!! (this is rare for my hair). I was rushing to get ready because we were going to watch the FB games at a friends house so I wrapped my hair up and finished it when I got to my friends.

While parting my hair, I noticed that I still had a bit of the conditioner on my scalp and edges so I proceed to wash it out. My hair seems to be more manageable this time around than when I first washed the conditioner out! LOL. I followed up by using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner as my leave in (per the advice of my Big Sis!) and sealed the ends with coconut oil. I let my hair air dry for about 10 minutes and then proceeded to flat twist my hair for my twist out. I tried a different pattern for this twist out so hopefully it will come out nice. I am still waiting on my shea butter to come in the mail so that I can start to use that as a moisturizer. I also purchased SAFI Hair Care's Avocado Shea Butter Hair butter to do use for my twist. I wanted to support fellow naturals by purchasing her product and trying it out. I NEED to hurry up and get my spray bottle and mix up some spritz. Until next time chicas!!!

V

Last edited by vmichelle on 4th January 2010, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 1:29 pm

Let us know how you like the HE HH as a leave in. What pattern did you do for this twist out? Pics please!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th January 2010, 1:57 pm

LOL @ soft butter cotton. I'm glad you had a good experience.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 2:38 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Let us know how you like the HE HH as a leave in. What pattern did you do for this twist out? Pics please!

Before I started twisting at the top I sectioned the twist on both sides and then in the middle. I wanted to to make sure that I had some height in the grown of my head so it wouldn't look so flat and I had volume there.

In the back nothing too new was done, I just make more twist in rows of three on each side ( I parted the back into two sections and split those into the two rows)

Pic of first flat twist out
VMichelle - Page 3 Natura27

New pattern

VMichelle - Page 3 Img_0019

VMichelle - Page 3 Img_0020

I used to freak out about the twist not being perfect when I first started out, but then I came back to reality! LOL Once I a good "hold" product, I'm sure they will come out even better. I'm gonna try Afroveda's Curl Define. Anybody else tried it?
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th January 2010, 2:53 pm

vmichelle wrote:Sooooooo,

I am head over heals over here VMichelle - Page 3 678474 . I tried Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose as a DC yesterday and it had my hair feeling like soft butter cotton! (made up word, I know!). I was a little worried because as I was putting it on it seemed really thick! I thought it was going to leave behind a white residue, but boy was I wrong. It left a really nice sheen on my hair and my curls were popping without any product (I should have taken pictures, but I will next time I promise!) Here is what I did:

I loosened up my flat twist with my fingers to detangle them a little bit, parted my hair into four sections and them applied the conditioner on my dry hair (focusing on the ends). I am not sure if this is the reason that my hair came out so soft, but anytime I use this now I will do it on dry hair. I let it stay on for about 20 minutes and them washed it out with cool/luke warm water. I was amazed at how manageable my hair was. I could run my fingers right though it and most importantly it was SOFT!!! (this is rare for my hair). I was rushing to get ready because we were going to watch the FB games at a friends house so I wrapped my hair up and finished it when I got to my friends.

While parting my hair, I noticed that I still had a bit of the conditioner on my scalp and edges so I proceed to wash it out. My hair seems to be more manageable this time around than when I first washed the conditioner out! LOL. I followed up by using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner as my leave in (per the advice of my Big Sis!) and sealed the ends with coconut oil. I let my hair air dry for about 10 minutes and then proceeded to flat twist my hair for my twist out. I tried a different pattern for this twist out so hopefully it will come out nice. I am still waiting on my shea butter to come in the mail so that I can start to use that as a moisturizer. I also purchased SAFI Hair Care's Avocado Shea Butter Hair butter to do use for my twist. I wanted to support fellow naturals by purchasing her product and trying it out. I NEED to hurry up and get my spray bottle and mix up some spritz. Until next time chicas!!!

V

I'm so glad you like the AO HSR on your hair. I get mine this week and now I'm even more excited to try it!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th January 2010, 2:55 pm

vmichelle wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Let us know how you like the HE HH as a leave in. What pattern did you do for this twist out? Pics please!

Before I started twisting at the top I sectioned the twist on both sides and then in the middle. I wanted to to make sure that I had some height in the grown of my head so it wouldn't look so flat and I had volume there.

In the back nothing too new was done, I just make more twist in rows of three on each side ( I parted the back into two sections and split those into the two rows)

New pattern

I used to freak out about the twist not being perfect when I first started out, but then I came back to reality! LOL Once I a good "hold" product, I'm sure they will come out even better. I'm gonna try Afroveda's Curl Define. Anybody else tried it?

I really like how you're doing the flat twists. The whole flat twist thing seems pretty similar to doing french braids, which I've never really been able to do successfully on my hair. When my hair gets longer, I'll give it a go. I like the pattern you did tho. I think that the twist out should hang perfectly with that style.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 3:06 pm

I'm so glad you like the AO HSR on your hair. I get mine this week and now I'm even more excited to try it![/quote]

Girl its slap yo mama good (at least to my hair!)
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 3:08 pm

MissLeggz wrote:
vmichelle wrote:

New pattern

I really like how you're doing the flat twists. The whole flat twist thing seems pretty similar to doing french braids, which I've never really been able to do successfully on my hair. When my hair gets longer, I'll give it a go. I like the pattern you did tho. I think that the twist out should hang perfectly with that style.

Thanks MissLeggz. I can't french braid either so this was the perfect solution to that. I'm afraid to do a braid out because of this very reason! AAAAAHHH! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 4th January 2010, 4:47 pm

I have been MIA for a while and I see I've missed alot!...Your styles are too cute....like you been doing this for years..LOL. Right now I am wearing a weave but as soon as I take it out I will have to bother you for some tips...
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 5:06 pm

Sounds good Miss CurlyT. I will try my best girl. I am learning as I go as well! Pic of the protective style PLEASE!!! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 4th January 2010, 5:06 pm

Looks like you're in for another great twist out! Can't wait to see the results with the new pattern. I think YOU should do a video tutorial.

BTW, don't intentionally try to be a part of the Use Your Stash challenge. No
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 5:40 pm

Hmmmmm...I may consider doing a video, but Im "video camera" shy!! LOL.

You do make a good point with the Use Your Stash Pattern! I will post pics tomorrow!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 5:41 pm

BTW guys am I the only one that can tell the difference in use of the CO and the AO on my hair? I think the pictures show a little bit!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th January 2010, 6:28 pm

I tried your twist layout...I posted it over in my BNB thread. Check it out and let me know what you think.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 6:31 pm

Thanks for adding the pics. I have to practice on my two strand flat twist. Do you get better results on wet or dry hair?

**headed over to Tia's BnB thread**
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 7:55 pm

I get better results on wet hair. The only time I have tried it dry is when I re-twist it at night and it starts to look old unless I am going for the messy look!
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 9:47 pm

Can't wait to see your results of the flat twist out VMichelle - Page 3 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 10:00 pm

Thanks! You saw the one posted before these right?
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 10:07 pm

Oh yes I thought I commented on that. Looking back I didn't.

Love it! Keep the pics comin VMichelle - Page 3 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next