CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'M STARTING MY PROCESS OF BECOMING A NATURAL DIVA

+9
3rdTimeAround
Music8192
sunbaby
herlucidsKy
TheRYL1
MrsLambsWool
LearninToLove
NylaCoils
mrsmackey
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'M STARTING MY PROCESS OF BECOMING A NATURAL DIVA - Page 2 Empty Re: I'M STARTING MY PROCESS OF BECOMING A NATURAL DIVA

Post by Janique 18th January 2010, 6:11 pm

Not really....I cut about an inch of my hair every few months or so and I cut the straight ends off the nape of my neck. I don't think I'm ready for any sort of chop!!! LOL
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

I'M STARTING MY PROCESS OF BECOMING A NATURAL DIVA - Page 2 Empty Re: I'M STARTING MY PROCESS OF BECOMING A NATURAL DIVA

Post by mrsmackey 18th January 2010, 6:31 pm

hahahaha..i feel ya girl! i know that I'm going to be scared when I finally chop away the "dead" hair b/c i won't know what to expect..I HATE SURPRISES!!!! ughhhhhhhh...LOL
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 18th January 2010, 8:52 pm

I know that I'm not going to make it two years although i would really like to. im itching and it has only been 5 months im definitely going to wait a year though
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th January 2010, 12:48 am

I can relate on not knowing what to expect once the straight hair is gone. One good thing about transitioning: it gives me a chance to get a feel on just what my hair will be and what products it likes. If I chopped now, I'd be in hats for real! LOL

So. . . patience...that's all I keep telling myself! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 19th January 2010, 11:38 am

AMEN RYL!!!! i keep thinking, I just need to make it one year and I'll be good. My daughter's are transitioning as well and my youngest has hair like me and i wanted to cry last night when I did our weekly ritual. HER NEW GROWTH IS DELISHHHHHHH!!!!! lol...i mean, it's thick and springy..she wants me to cut off her straight ends, like YESTERDAY!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 20th January 2010, 12:54 pm

Hey there Mrsmacky! You remind me so much of myself with your enthusiasm! I started my transition (I have short hair) October 09 and wore micros from November to late December for a total of 8 weeks. The amount of new growth under the braids was driving me insane and I couldnt wait to play with it. The month so far has been very interesting as I experiment with different transitioning styles and the urge to BC had become overwhelming so Early February Im going back to braids.

Like you, my hubby is supportive, but wishes for a long term transition...I don't think its gonna happen. Right now, Im planning to BC in May and Im so excited about the possibilities and what lies beneath. The plan was to wait a year but I plan to rock a fierce TWA this summer!

Congrats to you on your journey and good luck!
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 22nd January 2010, 12:02 am

Ok I am beginning my journey!!! Very excited!! I just recently started
trying new things with hair (besides a relaxer since 13). I just
recently had my first sewn in weave late 2008...enjoyed that made my
hair grow extremely fast but I continued with the relaxer then I
chopped off my hair with the current pixie cut summer of 2009...

Wanting
to see the natural state of my hair...I am here for the change and I
want to continue with sewn in weave for the transition style....
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd January 2010, 12:22 pm

Hair2Me and EagerCurler, it's good to have all of this support huh?? I'm extremely excited and it's only been close to a month since I've made the decision! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 22nd January 2010, 12:27 pm

Exactly! My friends and family dont think that being natural fits my "diva" persona so my support system is based mainly within the online natural hair community and for that I love yall!

I'm looking forward to the diversity that natural hair offers...they aint ready for me!
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 22nd January 2010, 12:34 pm

THE SAME FOR ME!!!!! my husband says he wants me to be sure that this is what I want to do and i said, "babe, i can straighten it if I don't like it!! ughhhhhhhh.." But he loves me regardless of what I have on my head...but he lovvvvvvvvvvvvvesssssssss my braids right now...OMG! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2